166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Settlement plans:

1. The Sighting

The Settlement protects the residential area -- the nearby farmland is maintained by survivors at their own risk. The farmers are in charge of taking care of themselves, but sometimes they're caught off-guard.

Bob Jones is attacked and runs to the Settlement where Toni and a partner are on guard duty. Toni has to deal with the immediate danger.

2. Doctor's Duty

Desmond challenges Bernard to keep him in line. In the aftermath of the sighting, Bernard will have to make a tough decision for the greater good of the Settlement.

3. Desmond's Settlement

Desmond is concerned with the ill-fortune of the Settlement as of late. Events seem to conspire against him so he will not be in a good mood when Kylie et al arrive.

His instinct is to fortify his position in the Settlement by gathering loyal survivors to him and asserting his authority wherever possible. He makes a special effort to "collect" the Settlement's latest hero: Toni.

Sam and Dreamer/LowKey! Let me know if any of your plans clash with these so I can adjust these accordingly. The intention is that these will fill up a full day at the Settlement. Any suggestions are very welcome! ;)
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

166 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Character sheet for Desmond (leader of the Settlement). Awaiting Dono's approval!

Name: Reverend Desmond Walker
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 200lbs
Eyes: Blue and intense
Hair: White and well groomed
Physique: Desmond is old but by no means frail. He works hard to keep fit and strong.
Notable Features: It takes a lot of faith to be a clergyman in these times. Either faith or the will to manipulate and deceive. Hard to tell which Desmond has more of.
Gear: The Good Book, a shotgun, and a dogcollar with anything.
Education: A life's worth.
Pros: His fervour and determination were the forces behind establishing the Settlement. He nurtured it and helped it grow, creating the (relative) haven it is today. He is a well-practiced leader and the highest authority in the Settlement.
Cons: After a few years the power of any leader begins to wane, and with it their influence. Ultimately, Desmond is scared that one of the younger folks (like Bernard) may "relieve him" of control of the Settlement. As such he trusts few of the survivors and is collecting together a group of loyalists that he believes will oppose any change of regime.
Before The Outbreak: Not much to say. Life is different now.
Since The Outbreak: Desmond founded the Settlement two years ago and supervised the construction of the Fence and then the Pit. He's a rogue priest with blood on his hands and his own perculiar names for the world's monstrosities. Desmond is the final arbiter in entrance to the Settlement and any disagreement within. He is not a man to cross.
-- Woody Allen

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Golden.

Recap from the Chat Meeting Today:

Malcolm, Kylie, and Rocko’s:
--Malcolm’s men get killed in a shootout with Kylie’s men and Rocko’s bodyguards.
--Kylie confronts Malcolm as part of Rydia’s next post.
--Shootout happens outside the bar, by the army trucks where the men are sleeping
--Rocko's men join in to even the odds and “maintain the peace.”
--First the big fight, then she gets some sleep and by the time she wakes up, Kevin's gone.

Evolved Zombies:
--Zombies will evolve eventually; why?
--They’ll gain the ability to run, then climb, then leap.

Kev, Tanya, and Seal
--Tanya's stalking Kev, because he has “The Mark.”
--Kevin goes to Seals' house. Seal is there, they have a confrontation.
--Zombies follow Kevin and/or Seal, and make it tough for them to escape.
--Tanya shows up, ends up burning down the house but helping them escape.
--Therefore, Seal hates Tanya but is in her debt, Kevin grudgingly accepts that he owes Tanya one, and the three of them end up traveling buddies.
--Post Progression: Via (Seal enters house), then Celt (Tanya is stalking Kevin), then Ego (Kevin enters home, ambushed by Seal) then Via (Seal grills Kevin), then Ego (Kevin sweet talks Seal and searches for drugs), Celt (Tanya sees zombies attacking house), Via (Zombies attack house), then Celt (saving them).

Becks and Kylie:
--Becka runs into trouble before reaching the settlement and Kylie saves her.
--Kylie could be routinely killing zombies and run across her, thus accidentally saving her
--Becka gets a swarm, Kylie picks them off and offers her a lift.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:45 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Bernard and Toni:
--Toni proves her worth as a decent shot with a pistol. Kills a zombie but not before it bites the fieldworker it was chasing.
--Bernard tries to stand up to Desmond's power-plays but is over-ruled.
--Room for Jo to meet with Bernard (yay reunions!) to talk about Desmond's radical behavior.
--Room for Toni to talk with Bernard about the same thing.
--Plot moves toward giving our Settlement characters decent reason to join up with Kylie when she rolls in.
-- Woody Allen

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:33 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I'll make a post soon, hopefully tomorrow ^^

Behind-the-Scenes
-- Kylie's man Ferris was bitten on his right shoulder but during the chaos outside Rockos (where he also got shot in the leg), he's been able to cover it up. Ferris is a young man and this experience has made him very afraid and angry at the world.

Coming up
-- Becka rides in the back of the truck while Kylie keeps watch over her.
-- Room for Becka to ask Kylie questions about who they are and what they're doing out here.
-- Kylie and co will arrive at the settlement and while being checked for bites, Ferris will go crazy and turn his gun on Kylie, threatening to shoot her if they don't let him in. Ferris will hesitate when it comes to the shooting and instead, Desmond will shoot Ferris. Kylie will be pissed.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter