z

Young Writers Society

Winds of Change DT

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 am
View Likes
AdventurerDaniel says...

This is a new Storybook but it's a little complicated if you have any questions. Please do ask. This is actually going to be a rather cool SB in that I will be taking certain post breaking them down giving the author of the post or posts involved credit and turning it in to a webcomic script. So I also don't like laziness in description of character or surroundings. I'm also working on finding an artist if you can think of anyone that may be interested. Each author will also continue to be credited for their character even if they cease to post. Once again this is open to any and all questions.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

28 Reviews

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:45 am
View Likes
AdventurerDaniel says...

Okay deeply unsettling to me to think about how long this took but finally the first post as part of the story is up. Now then that doesn't mean I don't want more characters I'm keeping it open and if you have stumbled upon the DT before the book then follow this link.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93765
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:48 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Checking in.
Also, Dan, PM everyone that joined. That way you can be sure they'll get back to you
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:45 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hello! Checking in as well. By the way, where is this storybook headed in terms of plot as I'm trying to figure out what to write as an introduction post.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Reviews: 4
Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:25 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Also checking in.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 am
View Likes
ELLYNARA3 says...

So so sorry Dan but I'm dropping out before this starts I can't keep up with to many SB's at the moment.
Driver chooses the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.- Dean to Sam, Supernatural

Feelings!- Crowley, Supernatural

28 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am
View Likes
AdventurerDaniel says...

Okay short plot summary more of a point to point than true summary. All magic users are being gathered by Cunicul at his palace to prepare for what is going to be a war between the forces of magic our characters all represent the light but the Three original Masters of Magic sealed dark magics because they were tearing the world apart. Now those forces are returning and we must prepare to confront them.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:59 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Checking in 'cos I'm cool like that ^^
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:58 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Whatwhat? That Rydia I see? Jeez, I need to go check the profiles again

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 am
emoticon220 says...

Herrow! sorry about this being late (haha if you know me and SB's its really not a surprise.) But I talked to Daniel and got permission, so heres my profile and I'll make an actual post pn the SB first thing in the morning. Thanks for being understanding, kiddos!

Spoiler! :
Name: Fy’rrah (FEE-rah) Hartwin

Race and Appearance: Human. Fy’rrah is a shorter girl, standing about 5’3”. She is tan with deep dark eyes and dark hair which is flecked with red-ish gold. Her hair is nearly always in a messy top knot. She’s not thin, she’s somewhere in the middle, slightly more towards the side of thin. Has three (well four) items always on her person; Her swords, Trust and Respect, her pack (full of maps and an old compass she found in a box of her mothers things) and her black coat. A worn, old thing, that belonged to her father when he was her age. It had mismatched buttons, torn pockets and patches on the elbows where it had been worn down. But, it was soft and warm and always smelled like home.

Personality: She was raised by the people in her village, so mostly men. She has never been much of a lady and has no intentions of being one. Shes friendly and outgoing, but can be stealthy when need be.

History: Fy'rrah's mother died shortly after she was born, leaving it up to her father and the rest of the village to raise her. Though she was a fun-loving, trouble maker, her darkside showed slightly as she grew up. When she began to work with her father at the age of 17, she smithed herself 2 two swords. One for each of the important values she was taught, Respect and Trust. She spent most of her life learning the delicate art of swordsmanship and kept the swords on her at all times. She always loved the idea of adventure. As a child she imagined she was in other worlds than the small one she knew. When she grew older she knew it was the only thing that would make her happy. At age 19 she set out to explore the world and what it had to offer.

Magic User/ Commoner: Commoner. Raised by her father a blacksmith and others in her town (see home village and history). She took skills from each including, black smithing and swordmanship.

Social Standing: Blacksmith and adventurer.

Home Village: Mare Oppidum, or Little Sea Town, is, as suggested by the name, a small town just off the coast of the Aura Sea. The town is made up mainly by working men; smiths, lumberjacks, and the like. It is a warm, friendly town where everyone knows one another. The whole village takes responsibility for raising the children that do end up there. (some families do live there, however they usually move on after some time.) They take pride in their talent at sword fighting.

Up for Love: Of course.

Other: age, 19, she knows little of the world outside Mare Oppidum
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm
Caesar says...

Oh, I thought this was dead?

28 Reviews

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

Nope I was on an unannounced temporary hiatus. I am starting it back up and am trying to recruit more people. For now intro and traveling is fine any character to character fraternization should be kept with in the outer city of where Cunicul's tower is, that would be preferable. Otherwise I encourage all members of the storybook to try and recruit more members. Also I am going to allow people to play the parts of Sator the Elven Creator and a decedent of Pengiaria that will also be a manipulator. I would also like a representative for the Vivere Materiales. Each of the races will have there master magic user there so to speak.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm
emoticon220 says...

So...where do we go from here?
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:02 am
TheAceofAll says...

Name: Alianna Destron

Race and Appearance: Alianna is a human girl with thick brown hair and mysterious violet eyes. She is tall and muscular and normally wears pants a lose shirt and a black jacket.

Personality: Alianna is intelligent and friendly and is always willing to help someone out if they need it. She is truly sweet until she gets angry. Alianna has a short fuse and when she gets upset her mind clouds and she makes rash decisions.
Due to the way she was raised, Alianna is somewhat of a tomboy and she finds it easy to be one of the guys.

History: Alianna grew up with 8 older brothers in a small, one room house. Her parents are both simple commoners without any real magic at all. Her father worked with metal as a blacksmith and worked hard to provide for his family. All of her brothers became either farmhands or blacksmiths themselves so it came as a real shock when Alianna developed magic for engineering. She has honed her abilities over time and now joins the fight against the darkness.

Magic User/ Commoner: She is a magic user and her area of expertise being in engineering.

Social Standing: Alianna is a master of her magic (one of the youngest in the world) though few truly understand her power. Alianna runs a shop in one of the kingdoms and mainly creates vehicles and weapons.

Home Village: Alianna lives in one of the more northern kingdoms called Stelen. It is small but very wealthy due to the rare Delpen fish that live in the nearby lake. The kingdom mainly consist of humans but there are elves and Dwarves mixed in.

Up for Love: Yes and straight

Other: She normally caries a long dagger strapped to her side.
“ You can't control life, [in writing] at least you can control your version.”
―Chuck Palahniuk, Stranger Than Fiction

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it. – Unknown

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11