z

Young Writers Society

The 13th Hunger Games---DT

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:27 am
ShootingStars says...

Hey, everyone! :D Are you ready for the actual Games to start on the 6th, tomorrow? Or do you need another day?

Also, thanks, Dragonette for taking up Justagirl's characters! I'm sad she had to go. :(
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:27 am
Dragonette says...

Duuudde! You guys I'm so sorry I haven't been posting. I've been so stinkin busy you have no idea.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 am
starrgazer says...

Thanks Jaden, I guess I should have skimmed through before asking. And wow, dying second is always something to look forward to :P

Anyways, I don't know about everyone else, but this week is hectic for me. It seems like all the tests, due dates and make-up exams are all crammed in this week, so I won't post much for a while.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:35 pm
Jaden G. says...

starrgazer: yeah, but at least its not for a while. If I read this correctly, the list is only those tributes who are actually roleplaying. The tributes that aren't written for die first I guess and then it goes to the roleplayers. **shrugs**

ShootingStars: Do you want Reed, Des, and Ryder to team up with Alen and Luce or stick to just us three? Either option is good with me.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:54 am
ShootingStars says...

What if today and tomorrow is the morning of the Games, and then on the weekend we start? Does that sound okay?
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

19 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:01 pm
Jaden G. says...

Are we not going through with the interview?

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:23 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

I don't think so because we've taken awhile in the Capitol, but if everyone would rather do the interview, we can.
Also, I'm sorry for not posting lately! I've had a hectic week!
---Shooting Stars

19 Reviews

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:14 pm
Jaden G. says...

Maybe just right after the itnerviews we can start the games. **shrugs** I'm good either way.

~Doctor Who

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:06 am
KingLucifer says...

Haha Shootingstars I think I can solve a few problems. For you to determine death's, I suggest a drawing of 24 slips 12 labeled with a district number and gender. Once drawn, throw the slip away, once the number and gender has been announced here in the DT, To prevent the same slip from being redrawn. Or to add to the worry you can always add 10 No Death slips to the drawing. it would add to the suspense of things wouldn't you agree?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

19 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 pm
Jaden G. says...

Has anyone taken over JustAGirl's characters yet?

~Doctor Who

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 pm
starrgazer says...

Dragonette said that she would take over. I'm not sure though, no one has posted in a long time.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

37 Reviews

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 am
ShootingStars says...

I'm really sorry for not posting because I have had the most crazy week! I'm about to start the morning of the Games!
---Shooting Stars
Last edited by ShootingStars on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 am
ShootingStars says...

So the beginning of the Games have started! Yay! Also, I think Jordan Pierre will be joining as a District 3 tribute with my special permission, so I wanted to give you a heads up. Thank you, everyone for keeping this SB alive!
---Shooting Stars

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am
ShootingStars says...

Here's something I need to repost so everyone does it:

Health, Hunger and Thirst Bars:
At the beginning of every post in the actual arena, you should have a spoiler including the Health, Hunger and Thirst bars. What they show are self-explanatory. These three things determine how much life your character has left ONLY IF THEY ARE A TRIBUTE, and they look like this at the top of your post:
Spoiler! :
Health: 100/100, Hunger: 100/100, Thirst:100/100

At the beginning of the Games, they will most likely be full, which is 100/100. How do you know when these stats change? At the top of all MY posts in a separate spoiler I will show your tribute's name and their new stat. Here's an example of a character post then what I respond with:
"Reed was trudging through the brush, searching frantically for any signs of a stream as her tongue begged for water. She glanced down at the cut on her leg she acquired from the bloodbath, and realized that she needed to treat it."
Here's my next post with the stats:
Spoiler! :
Reed, District 11: Health: 90/100, Hunger: 96/100, Thirst: 61/100.
This means that the tribute, Reed is being affected in the Health category by the cut on her leg, and in the Thirst stat because of her need of water. If any one of these bars gets to 30/100 or below, you're about to die.

Also, try to think about your order of death, and change your Health, Hunger, and Thirst bars accordingly during the Hunger Games. If anyone needs the list of their character's death, I think it's on page 2 or 3 of the DT. I will PM you when I think it's about time your tribute is killed if it's been awhile. I won't force you, but please keep in mind the spirit of the Games. :D

That's about it for now!
---Shooting Stars

19 Reviews

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:39 pm
Jaden G. says...

So where is Jordan Pierre in the death line up?

~Doctor Who

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)