z

Young Writers Society

Potterbook DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Samara's going home! ...but I'm not sure if you want a dark wizarding family around... Although, I didn't have much other than her little dramatic father/mother scolding/proud-of-you scene going on... So, if you're up for it, I'm up for it. Also, I think the Twins---no, they ARE pureblood, and they are home from Christmas too, so there you go! Three characters who're up for it!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:10 am
StellaThomas says...

Sounds good! Yeah, it'd be fun to have dark families and the blood-traitors and half-bloods etc all together, there can be, like, factions on the dancefloor. Also, we'll have both sets of twins at one awful party?

...Life just got a whole lot more fun.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 am
ScarlettFire says...

Mmh. Indeed, cue the fun. And the possible pranks.

I also posted a Sam Post that sets it up for her to be going to the Party.

So. Cue the Angst and the Drama, and the FUN. XD

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 am
Manny says...

So Ben makes his 'triumphant' return. Anybody who stays at the school over break is welcome to humor him otherwise he's fine just talking to inanimate objects and non-sentient creatures until everyone shows up again. xD

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

*drops and runs*

Name: (Full names.) Marcus Moore

School Year: (Between First and Seventh Year.) 3

House: (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff?) Ravenclaw

Blood Status: (Pure-blood, half-blood or muggle-born?) Muggle-born

Wand Description: (You can either use this: http://www.springhole.net/writing_rolep ... icwand.htm or make up your own.) The wand is made of oak wood and has a core of veela hair. It is 11 and 2/3 inches long, and it is rather springy. It is of a medium tone and elegantly carved.

Appearance: (At least 100 words of description, picture is optional. Anime is allowed.) With a full head of brown hair and bright blue eyes, Marcus is your typical young boy who doesn’t know that he is in any way charming. Thus, he unintentionally hides it by wearing thick-rimmed glasses, and his shoulders are constantly hunched over his work. He has many freckles scattered across his nose and cheeks.

His typical garb consists of a sweater vest, dress slacks or khakis (certainly not jeans), and converse shoes. Other days, he may go for the buttoned-up shirts or tennis shoes. He wears what he’s comfortable in while still dressing professionally-enough to compliment his personality and interests. Obviously, his fashion sense is rather... untamed.

Spoiler! :

Personality: (At least 250 words here.) Marcus is a very bright young boy. In fact, he’s incredibly intelligent while at the same time incredibly humble. There is always more to learn, and he wants to learn as much as he can; but he never believes he learns enough. He thinks mathematically, logically, scientifically. Things have to make sense or it’s all fantasy.

As a result, he’s a complete whimp. He’s only strong enough to carry a pile of books from the library to his bed, but that’s about it. No flying, no spontaneity, no nothing. He’s socially awkward and blushes easily. He’s not much of a conversationalist by any means and, in fact, is used to being ignored and over-looked. It doesn’t bother him, though. He uses that peace and quiet to only read and study more.

It’s quite clear that he isn’t a leader in any way, but he actually has a hard time following orders as well. He’s very critical. As aforementioned, things have to make sense. If they don’t make sense, then it’s not worth the effort trying. He’d rather fix the unreasonable or find a new way entirely.

Finally, when it comes to relationships, all the lulz. He has no clue about them. In fact, he’s completely given up the fact that any female would be interested in him. After all, no one really notices him anyway. He’s the one that sits in the back of class as valedictorian. His circle of friends is small if not nonexistent.

tl;dr -- shy, humble, brilliant, a secretive genius, physically weak, a bookworm, socially awkward, perfectionist.

History: (Same as above.) Marcus grew up in a well-off family. His mother’s a part-time nurse, and his father’s a detective and scientist. Needless to say, he was raised to identify detail and treasure knowledge. He has four siblings -- three older siblings in high school and one four years younger. This leads to him being neglected of attention, but this doesn’t concern him at all. He’s learned to deal with it by burying himself in his studies and interests.

While his siblings all vary in interests and hobbies, the general notion one gets of this family is “success.” They know things. They succeed in areas of interest. In Marcus’ case, he’s succeeded in math and science moreso than the other subjects (though he’s your typical straight-A student, so he’s succeeded in all areas to some respect), and his parents have already been mapping out an education and career plan for his scientific desires.

Until the Hogwarts letter came.

Everyone was confused when it came, especially his father, the detective and a spotter of details. Nothing ever gets past him, but seeing this letter redefined the world for everyone in the family. Even Marcus was convinced it was a joke, and they all, in fact, paid no heed to it at first. They threw the letter away.

Then they got another. And a third. Finally, a rap at the door had a professor of Hogwarts convincing them that it was real. It took lots of discussion and touring with the professor to persuade Marcus to abandon muggle studies and venture into such a mysterious world. His father still doesn’t like the idea of it, but his mother found it a unique opportunity and challenge for one of her boy geniuses.

Marcus is now in his third year at Hogwarts, and he’s particularly enjoying his Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, and Potions courses.

Pet: (A cat, an owl or a toad. Other pets may be accepted, but only with special permission, and nothing too dangerous.) A white and brown owl named Einstein

Up for love: (Third year and above. :P But you can state your orientation.) Yup! Straight.

Other: (Anything I forgot.) Um. Nada!
I make my own policies.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:06 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, guys. I just posted...but that's not really what this is about.

Recently, we've had unknown users in the Planner who have moved, deleted or changed things, or even added not-very-amusing/nice comments to it. Triplet (Celtica) has decided to make the Planner permission only because of this, as we are not sure who did these things. So, yeah. You're going to have to be signed in and ask for permission before being able to see the doc. We're sorry for an inconvenience!

Remember, just ask us for the link if you don't have it. We can also link you to the Gdocs Triplet and I have set up for posts if you want or need help with a post! Don't be afraid to ask; it doesn't hurt!

....much. :wink:

Thanks for reading this post and for sticking with Potterbook this far! We're half-way through first year, and there's not much to go!

~Scar.

Spoiler! :
P.S. Click "like" if you've read this, just so we know if you have or not! Thanks <3

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

I think Potterbook needs us to bring it back to life.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Agreed, Ahmad! Definitely needs some life. XD

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 am
View Likes
ELLYNARA3 says...

PLEASE POST SOMEONE I Miss this SB I like to read it.
Driver chooses the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.- Dean to Sam, Supernatural

Feelings!- Crowley, Supernatural

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde