z

Young Writers Society

Potterbook DT

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:19 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Since Matt and Owen are getting screamed at by McGonagall and the first flying lesson is going on, I was thinking the oliver wood scene could... happen? Matt and Owen would probably be there to. I'd write the post, but I wanted to know *who* would Prof McG would be talking to xD

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:20 pm
View Likes
CelticaNoir says...

You mean Professor Snape. :P I'm thinking McG and Snape's offices are beside each other, so you can go back an hour or so and post Snape talking to Flint with Alice tagging behind him. McG can be all sniffly and jealous. :P
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

66 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Okay, so I set up a basic Quidditch team list in the Potterdoc. Buuut, I need contributions from the the peoples that are on the teams, so go in and have a look. :P There's been a few updates so far, and if I got any character details wrong, feel free to correct me. xD

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:36 am
View Likes
wonderland says...

Fiona!

Fiona.jpg
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Not exactly sure who made Leo's teeth fall out... but for a girl as vain as her it was a big thing. And she's blaming it on Allen.

Have fun handing in that essay.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:29 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I posted, by the way.

Also, as you may or may not have noticed in the character list, there's a 15th slot. *grins* Profiles for the twins will be up here in a while. Check back soon to see them!

EDIT: Profiles for the boys!

Twin 1
Name: Julius Rousseau.

School Year: Third.

House: Hufflepuff.

Blood Status: Pureblood.

Wand Description: The wand is made of olive wood and has a core of phoenix feather. It is 12 and 3/4 inches long and is pliable. It is somewhat darkly colored and is plainly carved.

Appearance: Julius, unlike his twin, has green eyes, like their mother, instead of blue like their father. His hair is light brown in colour and his skin is lightly tanned. He’s slim and athletic, yet stronger than he looks. Unlike his twin, who prefers dark, cool colours, Julius prefers the brighter, warmer colours, making them fairly easy to tell apart--except for when they’re playing pranks on the other students. As members of a pureblood family, they’re usually dressed impeccably well, without even a hair out of place and manner to match...normally. Julius is not often seen without his twin in tow.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Unlike Kaius, who is the nicer of the two, Julius is more the arrogant, too-good-looking-to-be-bad, bad boy. He’s nice and kind, caring even--when it suits him, which isn’t often, really. Normally, he’s a little bit snarky and often foul-mouthed, a little bit of a joker--okay, a lot--and rather arrogant and full of himself. He often surprises others with his strange mood swings--from kind and caring to arrogant and snobbish. It sometimes drives people mad. Despite these...flaws, he’s loyal and just, and unafraid of most things. And he hates to see people hurt--unless their on the short end of he and his brother’s little practical jokes. And usually that’s only someone who has pissed him off, as he takes his anger and turns it into pranks instead of violence... Or, well, not the kind of fist-swinging, old-fashioned muggle-way or doing things, at least. He’ll leave that for his brother. Julius isn’t a fan of getting his hands all bloody and dirty. It’s undignified. Then again, so are practical jokes.

On the flip side, when he’s not being arrogant or kind, and no around his brother, he’s much nicer. He’s actually kind because that’s what he’s really like, instead of this bad boy image he presents to the word, and he’s very caring, too. He is a fan of being quiet, which he is most definitely is not when he’s playing his bad boy card. He thinks before he acts more often than not, not being the impulsive one of the two, leaving the impulsive foolishness to his twin brother. Julius works hard to get what he wants, and isn’t ashamed to work hard for.... not-so-appropriate things as well as his academic ones. He often abandons his brother during studying sessions to go chase a girl/guy or some other not-quite....appropriate source of entertain. He’s a bit of a player, so girls (or rather, guys) beware! He doesn’t like to stick to one person. Ever. He’s also a huge flirt, and isn’t afraid to admit to it or work that particular angle, either. Watch his temper, though. It can be explosive, despite his aversion to getting his hands dirty.

History: Julius and Kaius were brought up much like any other pureblood children, with plenty of money and toys. Anything and everything they wanted, they got. And they got it fast. Their parents doted on them like the loving, er, parents that they apparently are, and weren’t disappointed when the pair got into Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin.But backtracking a bit--during their childhood, they were horrible terrors, much to the entertainment of their parents and other family members, and much to the horror of the other purebloods they met along the way. Their younger years were a blur of pranks and practical jokes and horribly stuffy and even more boring get-togethers with other pureblood families. Despite the Rousseau family’s “apparent” neutrality, they elder Rousseau’s often met with the dark lord before his fall at baby Alice Potter’s...er...hands.

When their Hogwarts later came, their parents were over-joyed, and gladly brought the twin whatever they wanted. Over the next three years at Hogwarts, the boys developed a bit of a name for themselves, and caused as much mischief and chaos as they could without getting caught, though Filch has caught them on several occasions, and sent them to Snape for detention, where they set off several simultaneous pranks and escaped the Potions classroom to wreak yet more havoc. They’ve even almost been expelled in second year, once, much to the annoyance of their parents. They’ve toned it done a little for third year, though, and have started to drift apart. Julius towards a possible career in the Ministry, and Kaius to a possible Quidditch career, despite the pair being rather good at Quidditch.

Pet: Julius has an owl for a pet; he’s grey and speckled with light brown. The owl’s name is Keme.

Up for love: Definitely, and he’s gay. What a pity, eh, girls?

Other: He’s Kaius’ older twin brother.

Twin 2
Name: Kaius Rousseau.

School Year: Third.

House: Hufflepuff.

Blood Status: Pureblood.

Wand Description: The wand is made of cedar and has a core of nymph hair. It is 13 and 3/4 inches long and is inflexible. It is of a medium tone and is intricately carved.

Appearance: Kaius, unlike his twin, has blue eyes, like their father, instead of green like their mother. His hair is light brown in colour and his skin is lightly tanned. He’s slim and athletic, yet stronger than he looks. Unlike his twin, who prefers bright, warm colours, Kaius prefers the darker, cooler colours, making them fairly easy to tell apart--except for when they’re playing pranks on the other students. As members of a pureblood family, they’re usually dressed impeccably well, without even a hair out of place and manner to match...normally. Kaius is not often seen without his twin in tow.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kaius, on other hand, is the meaner of the two, and is also an arrogant, too-good-looking-to-be-bad, bad boy. He’s not nice and kind, or even caring. He’s mean and he knows, though he does have a small kind--when it suits him, which isn’t often, really. He’s a hell of a lot snarkier and often foul-mouthed than his brother, despite not saying much most of the time, and he’s as much of a joker as his brother, and definitely very arrogant and full of himself. He often surprises others, much like his brother, with his strange mood swings--from rather...nice to arrogant and snobbish. It sometimes drives people mad. Despite these...flaws, he’s loyal and just, and unafraid of most things. And yes, despite his meanness, he hates to see people hurt--unless they’re on the short end of he and his brother’s little practical jokes. And usually that’s only someone who has pissed him off, as he takes his anger and turns it into pranks as well as violence... Unlike Julius, Kaius isn’t afraid of getting all fist-swinging, old-fashioned muggle-way of doing things. He’s actually a bit of fan of getting his hands all bloody and dirty. It’s undignified, true, but he likes it. Then again, so are practical jokes.

On the flip side, when Kaius isn’t being arrogant or, basically, a complete jerk, and not around his brother, he’s nicer, but not by much. He can be kind, if he wished to be, instead of this bad boy image he presents to the word, and he’s very caring, too--at least, he will be towards someone he really likes. He’s a fan of being quiet, which he is most definitely is not when he’s playing his bad boy card. He thinks before he acts more often than not, despite being the more impulsive one of the two, leaving most of the level-headed-ness and plotting to his twin brother. Like Julius, Kaius also works hard to get what he wants, and isn’t ashamed to work hard for.... not-so-appropriate things as well as his academic ones, much like his twin. He lets his brother go off during studying sessions to go chase a girl/guy or some other not-quite.... appropriate source of entertain. Kaius prefers to get his essays and homework done before he plays--that way he’s not stuck doing said homework at the last second. Kaius is a bit of a player, much like his brother, so girls beware! He doesn’t like to stick to one person. Ever. He’s also a huge flirt, and isn’t afraid to admit to it or work that particular angle, either--again, much like Julius.. Watch his temper, though. It can be explosive, and he’s definitely not afraid to get those hands of his dirty, unlike his twin bother.

History: Same as Julius’ history.
Spoiler! :
Julius and Kaius were brought up much like any other pureblood children, with plenty of money and toys. Anything and everything they wanted, they got. And they got it fast. Their parents doted on them like the loving, er, parents that they apparently are, and weren’t disappointed when the pair got into Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin.But backtracking a bit--during their childhood, they were horrible terrors, much to the entertainment of their parents and other family members, and much to the horror of the other purebloods they met along the way. Their younger years were a blur of pranks and practical jokes and horribly stuffy and even more boring get-togethers with other pureblood families. Despite the Rousseau family’s “apparent” neutrality, they elder Rousseau’s often met with the dark lord before his fall at baby Alice Potter’s...er...hands.

When their Hogwarts later came, their parents were over-joyed, and gladly brought the twin whatever they wanted. Over the next three years at Hogwarts, the boys developed a bit of a name for themselves, and caused as much mischief and chaos as they could without getting caught, though Filch has caught them on several occasions, and sent them to Snape for detention, where they set off several simultaneous pranks and escaped the Potions classroom to wreak yet more havoc. They’ve even almost been expelled in second year, once, much to the annoyance of their parents. They’ve toned it done a little for third year, though, and have started to drift apart. Julius towards a possible career in the Ministry, and Kaius to a possible Quidditch career, despite the pair being rather good at Quidditch.

Pet: Kaius owns a cat. She’s a grey tabby named Sinopa. She’s often mistaken for a fox as she strangely appears to resemble one...

Up for love: Yup. He’s straight.

Other: He’s Julius’ younger twin brother.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

362 Reviews

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:32 am
View Likes
wonderland says...

Scar, I see Fiona and those twins getting on rather well.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:51 am
ScarlettFire says...

Haha. Wiki. I see them getting on rather well, too. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

362 Reviews

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm
View Likes
wonderland says...

Okay. Here is Imogen's profile.

Name: Imogen Blue (Usually goes by Blue) Roald

School Year: 1st year

House: Ravenclaw

Blood Status: Muggle born

Wand Description: The wand is made of birch and has a core of phoenix feather. It is 11 and 1/4 inches long and is springy. It is very lightly colored and is ornately carved.

Appearance:

Imogen is little and pale, with long long blonde hair and gigantic blue eyes. She’s stands just under five foot at her tallest, still carrying some baby fat. Her face is rounded and small, with freckles smattered over her nose and cheeks. Her hair is usually pulled back into a ponytail or a French braid, out of her eyes. She prefers high tops to the standard shoes the girls wear. Her uniform is usually untidy, the cuffs of her shirt reaching past the tips of her fingers. She’s usually smiling at something only she understands. She almost always taps her fingers on tables, or jiggles her leg under the table.

Spoiler! :
Imogen Blue.jpg

Personality:
Imogen is quiet and thoughtful while studying. She puts everything into her studies, but when she isn’t studying she’s fast paced, chattering on forever about nothing. She’s a tiny bit random without a book in front of her, so she usually keeps a schoolbook with her so she doesn’t embarrass herself. She likes to keep moving. Imogen likes to stargaze, and would do well in Divination. She puts on a tough-girl front when facing her fears, which include bugs and the dark. She likes to keep clean, so even if her uniform is wrinkled and baggy, there will not be one speck of dirt on it.
She doesn’t anger easily, is more of a ‘go with the flow’ sort of person. She’ll fight if she has too, but she really isn’t the fighting type.

History: Imogen was, ironically, not named for her eyes. She was named Imogen after her father’s mother, and Blue because her mother really liked the colour Blue. She was born in London to Andrew and Marissa Roald, both child therapists. Imogen was doted on by her parents, always encouraged to talk about what she was feeling, or anything that came to her mind, leading her to become chatty and loud without anything to distract her. She was given almost anything she fancied, rarely disciplined when she did something wrong, she always got away with whatever she did. In her parents eyes, she was perfect in every way possible.
She used to hate her middle name, her muggle peers teased her for it. Her father taught her that being named after a colour wasn’t a bad thing. Weird, but not bad.
Everything was happy until Imogen turned eight, when her powers manifested. Neither of her parents are wizards, so it was a small shock when Imogen expressed magical powers, traced through her mothers side. After finding out she was a witch, her mother refused to talk to her, and her father moved out, taking her with him. She and her dad are really close, and she sends him letters on a weekly basis.
Imogen has no siblings, causing her to become possessive over all of her belongings, which is magnified by ten thousand at Hogwarts. She only trusts her close friends, and will tell you if she doesn’t trust you.

Pet: Tabby kitten called Talia

Up for love: Eveuntally, sure

Other: N/A

*Formerly wickedwonder*

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 pm
Skorpionne says...

Gah. Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Life got busy. -_-

Now to figure out why Bonnie vanished off the face of the Earth for so long.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

66 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm
View Likes
CelticaNoir says...

Alice sketch-vector~! It's her as Seeker in fifth year--

Alice Potter, Quidditch.jpg

Originally this was a lot larger, but I decided to clip it down to size. It's not exactly a good sketch, though...

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:25 pm
View Likes
RoyalHighness says...

Name: Rose Marie Lovelace

School Year: First

House: Gryffindor

Blood Status: Half Blood

Wand Description: The wand is made of cypress and has a core of unicorn hair. It is 10 and 1/4 inches long and is inflexible. It is very lightly colored and is ornately carved.

Appearance: Rose's hair is the black of the midnight sky, cut in a pixie style. Her eyes are the kind of dark blue you see in the water when you look at the horizon of the ocean. Her skin is the soft tanned color of the sky just after the sun slips below the horizon. Both ears have three piercings; two in the lobe, and one in the cartilage. Her nose is a prominent, Roman nose, and her mouth is small, and has a soft pink color. Her ears tend to stick out from her head. Rose always wears a small ring on her right hand; it was a gift her father gave her before he died.

Personality: Rose is high-spirited and rebellious. She doesn’t let anyone push her around, and she doesn’t take no for an answer. Rose is stubborn, willful, hot-headed and impatient. She has trouble making big decisions, but has the mindset of a natural born leader. Rose has a soft side, too. She misses her father, who was killed in a car accident. She often fights with her mother over small matters. The only person Rose truly loves is her little sister, Hera. Rose is a pacifist; she prefers using words in her battles, rather than fists. She can’t stand violence of any kind, and hates the sight of blood. Rose is allergic to cats, but she loves them anyway. Rose is compassionate and forgiving, but she rarely lets anyone else have the last word. She loves open fields because they remind her of when she was little. Rose’s greatest fear is the judgment of other people, although she never lets them know they hurt her. Rose likes to say she doesn’t care what other people say about her, but inside she suffers greatly. Rose cries herself to sleep most nights, and wakes screaming from nightmares about her sister’s death. Rose is extremely clever; she can tell when anyone is lying or cheating. Rose is smart, but doesn’t apply herself as often as her mother would like. One of Rose’s goals in life is to become a world famous author and witch. She loves acting and the theatre. Rose reads when she’s not studying or socializing in the common room. Her favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, but she is fond of Agatha Christie and James Patterson novels as well. Rose is intellectual, defiant, and sensitive.

History: Rose was always the disappointment child. Her father, the Muggle side, understood her completely. However, her mother, the magic side of the family, disapproved of everything Rose did and said. She tried to remake Rose several times before Rose left for Hogwarts. Rose was a loner in her neighborhood, and never had any real friends. Typically, she would introduce herself to someone new and everything would seem fine. But soon the child was intimidated by Rose's strong personality, and avoided her. Rose's mother especially disapproved of her haircut. She threatened to throw Rose out of the house for being such a disgrace. Everyone in the village knew Rose, and thought she was just a good-for-nothing child without any special skill or talent. When Rose was about four years old, Hera was born. After that, Rose devoted herself to her little sister, her best friend and her only companion. The village saw her devotion, and many were moved from hostility to indifference toward her. Rose was always out of place and alone.

Pet: A great horned owl named Popsicle.

Up for love: Rose isn't exactly the romantic type, but secretly she wishes Kaius would ask her out every 11:11.

Other: Rose's favorite song is "Cave In" by Owl City. Her favorite color is sunset. Her favorite word is "juxtapose" because it's fun to say and spell. Rose's favorite flower is not a rose, but a waterlily. Her favorite animal is an owl because she is obsessed with Popsicle. Her favorite season is fall because she loves the colors of the leaves. Rose's favorite holiday is Christmas because she loves seeing her sister, Hera, so happy. Her favorite day of the week is Wednesday because she loves spelling difficult words and sounding them out in different ways (for instance, Wednesday is pronounced Wed-nez-day instead of Wends-day.) Rose's favorite game is flashlight tag because her favorite time of day is nighttime.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

So guys, in my last post I made a fleeting remark about "Auntie Pearl's Christmas Party" that the Rockharrow clan will be attending. What with intermarriage and everything, in the pure-blood world Auntie Pearl could be basically anyone.

So I was wondering if there's any other characters who are going home for Christmas and want to have a mini-adventure/arc/storyline/just a bit of fun at a wizarding Christmas party? Nothing major, I'm just thinking pranks and food and banter while those still in school have the main storyline to themselves.

...Or is Leo the only one going home for Christmas? :P
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Bonnie's going home, but as her parents are muggles, I doubt she'd be invited. Unless she met someone from school who mentioned it in passing and went "OHMIGOSH CAN I COME?!"

Actually, I quite like that. :D
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker