Young Writers Society

Potterbook DT

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 am
View Likes
Audy says...

Okay, let's just say for simpletons like me, it's too fast.

You're not a simpleton, ZaddieCaso. I can understand. Especially since life and school gets so busy, an SB of any pace gets hard to keep up with. I'm sorry that you're leaving us though :c I would've liked to see Ali played out. We could've had Slytherin parties.

Also, I would post, but I don't want to feel like I'm overposting, so I'll wait a bit longer for Ahmad or Lauren? Don't mean to rush anybody though. ^_^

(Mind, I realize there's a whole slew of other characters that could post as well.)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:11 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I agree with Audy. You're not a simpleton.

I do encourage you not to leave, though I do understand if you want to. Manny's posting, but I think you can catch up. It's not even three pages. More like one and a half. The rest are just profiles.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:05 am
View Likes
Manny says...

Posted. I'm not really comfortable with others characters, so it's a bit bleh.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:00 am
View Likes
murtuza says...

Um... I'm just here to stalk. This SB is awesome-sauce and I shall be reading it like a wizard-boss. 8)

k thx bai.
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Uh. Not really sure where to go with Leopoldina right now.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:48 pm
View Likes
Niebla says...

Well, Val is now stuck in the dangerous luggage compartment unconscious with a plant wrapped around her. A little bit of an odd start, but since all the other first years seemed to be in a compartment together and without Val I thought I'd better think of some reason why she seemed to be absent.

Stella, since Leo stormed off, perhaps she could unintentionally save Val? That's just an idea, though - I expect you have some better ones in which case somebody else could do it, or maybe a professor or something. :)

To be honest, I'm not really sure what the plant is. I think it's probably just something which sends you to sleep when it's touching you. My idea was that Val should wake straight awake when it's pulled away from her, but that could be changed. :wink:

Please tell me if I've done anything wrong or if you want me to delete my posts and write them differently, though. I really don't want to mess up any part of the storybook.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:16 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

I personally like your post Mist.

Another possibility for Val (or maybe in conjunction with Leopoldina) would be to have Quirrell introduced and saving her. I don't know how we want this SB to play out in the overall plot of things, but it'd be interesting for the students to wonder maybe as an afterthought what Quirrell was doing in that section of the train in the first place. And of course, he'd be the kind to be lurking at where they keep all the dangerous goods.

Just throwing ideas around.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I love both these ideas! Morning- how about Leo heads in Val's direction- the two will be hanging out once they get to Hogwarts anyway, I figure, as the two Gryff girlies! How about Leo gets in there and sees Val, but it's Quirrell that in the end saves the two of them? Because he needs to keep his persona up until they at least get to Hogwarts after all.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:30 pm
View Likes
Niebla says...

Audy, I love your idea! And Stella, I think that's a great way of merging everything together. This would be a great way to introduce Quirrel -- I can't wait to see how exactly it plays out. :smt001

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:43 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Oooh, excitement!

*Tries to stop being lazy and post*

EDIT: I just posted! Bonnie is seriously excited.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 pm
View Likes
CelticaNoir says...

Okay people, so I wanna get this out there. Potterbook's slowed down a whole lot, and I'd expected Alice to be in Transfiguration turning a matchstick into a slingshot and aiming it at Leopoldina's head by now. (Joking, joking.) So far the ickle firsties are just getting on the boats to Hogwarts, so lets all hurry up and post so we can get to the more interesting parts!
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Hi.

Here you go:

Name: Jude Wallis

Gender: Well, his sex is male. His mental status, on the other hand, is scary.

School Year: Third year

House: Hufflepuff

Blood Status: Half-blood

Wand Description: His wand is made of blackthorn and has a core of Pegasus feather. It is 10 and 3/4 inches long and is brittle. It is of a medium tone and is roughly carved.

Appearance: Tall for his age, dark brown curly hair (cut so short it’s hard to tell it is curly), cat-like hazel eyes. He has a narrow frame, going to grow up tall and lanky, and he has no hopes of gaining much muscle--it hasn’t worked so far. He can’t really gain weight, either, and it’s obvious--quite bony, really. He has a longer face made longer by not having any hair to hide his higher forehead and slap-him-your-hand-is-cut cheekbones (metaphorically). His mouth is small, nose slightly Roman, and his posture is impeccable, almost militant. Those hazel eyes of his flicker between army green and dark chocolate.

Personality: Well, for one, he won’t normally like people being in his business, so you’re lucky for getting this. That’s basically him in a nutshell, really: somewhat narcissistic and reserved. Otherwise, he’s not sure how he managed to get into Hufflepuff. Admittedly, he does agree he’s mousy and quiet and, you know, easy to forget which he’s pretty sure sums up all Hufflepuffs, but he’s smart. He enjoys learning and likes to know things. He needs to be challenged and doesn’t like boredom. He also likes adventure and movement and doing things. He can’t stand to be cooped up. He’s also been informed he’s both morbid and malicious. If anything, he figures, he should be in Slytherin. Then again, he’s a bit of a self-hater--maybe Hufflepuff is the right place. Still, any other House sounds better. In Ravenclaw, people wouldn’t ask him to read over their papers all the time--Hufflepuffs, hardworking but sometimes simple; in Gryffindor, he wouldn’t be asked why he wants to beat up half the people in school or lurk around in hallways looking for things--that’s what they do; and in Slytherin, people would stop telling him he’s being mean when he’s being honest. But, he doesn’t much care now. Two years gone, what you going to do? Otherwise, he likes food (sometimes), cats (mostly), and true education. He dislikes people (in general); dogs, owls, and toads (they’re sort of dirty); children (especially); and slurs (he complains about Hogwarts, but at least it’s not his old school--he was quite tired of it all, really). Lastly, he’s easily annoyed but quite happy with Hogwarts robes, actually. His normal clothes are rather ratty and he doesn’t like it when people, you know, mention his pants are an inch too short. Try being thin and finding pants long enough. Try.

History: Raised by his mother, Merle Wallis, a Muggle, and fathered by a man he didn’t really know who was married to his mother for five years (giving chromosomes to Jude, his sister, Viola, and his brother, Merrick). The man happened to be a wizard, either fortunately or unfortunately depending on the mood Jude is in. His name was Sanderson Whittaker and he was a drunk, wizard or no, who ran off to America like a dog with his tail between his legs when he lost his job for some reason or another. He sometimes sends letters sometime near their birthdays, generally with the wrong year marked in them, and sometimes cash. The Wallis children tend to keep the cash and burn the cards. Their mother dislikes it, but ignores it. Basically, Jude never had magical influence in his remembered life until two years ago and, turns out, their mother was aware his father was a wizard. She just expected none of them would have his ‘curse.’ Unfortunately, he did. Viola and Merrick? Apparently no. Jude tends not to go home on Christmas--he avoids conflict. His mother seems to think after school he should keep his talent hidden and act like a Muggle. However, she bought Jo, his Russian Blue cat, for him before he left, so he’s happy about that. Jo is the best companionship he’s had in years (she listens to his theories anyway) and somewhat more intelligent than some of his old schoolmates. She, like him, seems to dislike the owls, though, and normally has to stay cooped up in his room. He dislikes this fact; the owls should learn to fly faster.

Pet: Russian Blue cat, female; named Jo.

Up for love: Not particularly. It’d have to be a peculiar sort of person. Jude doesn’t really care for 'romance.'

Other:
My SPD senses are tingling.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:30 am
View Likes
CelticaNoir says...

Okay, we're going to deviate from canon for a couple of things, at the very least. Starting with the class schedules; the houses aren't separated anymore, but all the houses take their classes together (i.e., Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and Slytherin will be all lumped together, but they're still separated by years). This is of course, so that our resident characters get a chance to interact with each other, since there's so few of them in the same year. Also, except for special holiday occasions, the students can sit at the other house tables, provided they're not kicked out by said house's members.

I'm going to make a plotting doc for the SB, which I'll add to my original posts for the SB and the DT. (You know, the post where I have the plot, character slots, DT links and stuff.) I haven't added anything yet, but hopefully I'll be able to soon. :P

On a character-based note, I has decided to make Allen a werewolf.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 am
Lauren2010 says...

I thought houses *did* mingle for classes in canon? I seem to recall Draco and Harry in class together (though I may just be losing my mind xD) Either way, sounds good. *dashes off to post*
Got YWS?

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart