Young Writers Society

The "M" Gene DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Yep. This is the DT for The "M" Gene.

You know what to do. Let the plotting begin.

Link to SB
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:13 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

hey look-

I actually found the DT! XD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:26 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Hey all. We'll be starting as soon as my profiles are done, so if any of you don't have them up/done, please get right to it! I'll be hopefully posting something in the afternoon, after my profiles are finished.

Unless someone wants the first post?

In the meantime, plot below!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

I should probably add this to my alerts. Can hardly wait until this starts! I'm so excited.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 am
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, we're starting as soon as Bee and Celtica get their profiles up. I already have the first post written and ready. So, get those profiles up ASAP.

In the meantime. Plotting, of course.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:30 pm
View Likes
KindredSpiritBee says...

*is super excited* Aster's up for some change in her life- she doesn't know it yet, but she really is =D
Llamas do not have six packs

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Awesome. And yeah, I posted the first post. Don't go crazy, though! Give Leah and Celtica a chance to post their profiles first!

Night everyone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:10 am
View Likes
RedBird says...

Name: Micah Tallow

Race: Mutant

Powers: Micah is a teleport. This means that he can transport himself and anything touching him (e.g. his clothes; he won't end up naked at his destination) to any place that he has previously been. It takes, on average, around 10 seconds for him to reach destination, but the time varies depending on the distance that he's traveling (e.g. If he's moving ten feet, it will only take a second at most, but if he's going across ten miles, it will take maybe 30 seconds). He can transport up to two others, as well, but this is very draining. Also, if he knows exactly where an object, such as a loaf of bread, or something of relative size or smaller, he can teleport it to himself. This is also very exhausting for him.

Appearance: Micah is around five feet and seven inches in height, and extremely thin. He is strong, having lived on the streets for nearly his entire life (more on that later), and in excellent shape. He has shoulder-length red hair, which he keeps tied back. Although his thin face is typically grimy, it is also covered in freckles, so that at times, he looks almost tan. He has hazel eyes and a rather pointy nose. In general, he wears an old, beaten-up leather over coat, combat boots, and messenger cap.

Personality: Micah is a desperately social person, who has been without consistent human company for almost his entire life. He thinks that he's funny, but doesn't really know because he's never had the chance to try out his skills. When he does get the chance to interact with other people, he has a happy-go-lucky air, despite his situation. He's constantly cracking jokes and trying to make people feel better about themselves. He's also extremely compulsive, and will do things just because he can. For example, he might see an expensive watch in a store, one that he could never afford, and, having figured out its location, will teleport it to him. He could do that for hours, just teleporting things to him, and then sending them back, and bringing them to him again, and so on and so forth. In short, he is also easily amused. It was this very fact that got him noticed as a mutant in the first place.

History: Micah has never known his parents. He was discovered in a back alley as a toddler, and taken to an inner-city orphanage. He lived there for seven years and got along quite well, even in the dismal conditions that he and the other orphans lived in. However, at the age of ten, his powers came into maturity, and he was thrown out, out of fear. Again on the streets, he quickly found a place that he could call his own, in a disused underground entrance. He set up a kind of den in a supply room, filling it with stolen blankets, clothes, and other things. He has lived there for seven years, now.
Although a social person by nature, Micah has kept himself to himself for the most part. He has seen the terrible things that can happen to people, both human and mutant, on the streets, and he doesn't want to get caught up in such things. He steals what he needs surreptitiously, taking what food he can. He has been almost every place in the city, and thus can teleport to almost anywhere he wants to, within city limits. He's made occasional ventures out of the city, but not many.
Lately, he's noticed a definite increase in anti-mutant violence, which has made him more withdrawn. He's had several close shaves with police, and is getting stressed by the whole situation. He can sense that all of this is coming to something, but he doesn't know what.

Up for love: Yes
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Eeeeee.
Okay, just figured I should post something in this and such so that I get notifications~
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

Just made my first post! Poor Abby, I've made her life so miserable... :twisted:

384 Reviews

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:55 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Scar; are you making an Ash/Josi post or can I go ahead with Jude? xD (They'll all be at his warehouse, ja?)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:15 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

You can post. I was working on one where Ash has just woken up. It can be changed, though. I only just started it the other night.

384 Reviews

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Onnit, boss. (I don't know when it'll be up, but I'm on it)

Also-- guuuuyz. Now I have a zillion posts to read *flail* Oh well. I don't assume that any of them have anything to do with Jude and Crew anyways. ;D
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

posting for notifs, yo.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:55 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Sorry I'm being so tardy getting Bayard up and at 'em- life's been insane and I have had a startling lack of ideas but that is all over with! Hopefully I will have a post up tonight and certainly if not by Thursday, Scarli please start hounding me! ;D

Also I put up a better picture of what Bay actually looks like- a photo not a painting. :)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus