z

Young Writers Society

Trouble in Gotham City

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:35 am
Camulaeus says...

Well, it's been a while, so if no-one posts for Batman by tomorrow afternoon, I'll swap characters (with DN's permission of course)
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:51 am
Leahweird says...

You know, it might actually be interesting if Batman himself is not a playable character. We just get this mysterious character who we never find anything about. Kind of appropriate really.

5 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 am
Camulaeus says...

I hadn't thought about it that way: sounds interesting. But we should still have some sort of guidelines, to prevent god-modding of arguably the most powerful character.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

136 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 am
Leahweird says...

Or the opposite, haveing the Bat get his but kicked everytime he comes up against one of us.

5 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm
Camulaeus says...

That would also be a satisfying change.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 pm
Shadowlight says...

That actually would be an interesting and refreshing turn of events.

Maybe the Bat's reputation has outstripped reality? He can still be the powerful vigilante that he always was, but maybe cut back on the Godlike power he is so often given?

So I second Leah's idea- it sounds like it would be very multidimensional. :)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 pm
Redfang18 says...

I third that idea. In all the shows I've seen that has Batman, his reputation makes him more like a god- respected by the good, feared by the evil.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

136 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:16 pm
Leahweird says...

For obvious reasons, the canon matierial is all about batman. I just think it would be really cool to to showcase the perspective of everyone else.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm
Napier says...

I completely agree with this.
Are we just waiting for a Mad Hatter, now?
“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

Formerly BadlyDrawnLightning

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Right, I guess I'll make Bats an NPC, but he will STILL be the authority figure within the heroes team. I'm trusting you all to make him work in the group and not forget to incude him (after all, the Dark Knight is the most important character).
As for his abilities, he's going to remain as he does in the film 'The Dark Knight', as a dark, yet heroic peacekeeper. He wil have fair combative ability, but not to the extent of matching Killer Croc in a fist fight. But do make sure he has fair chance within the storybook.

As for Badlydrawnlightening's question, yes we just need a Mad Hatter, so if someone would like to claim him and PM me, that would be great.

We shall be starting soon!

Happy writings! DNX :J
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

42 Reviews

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:55 pm
Shadowlight says...

I'm no athority on the batman universe so if I am WAY out of line/ off the base please forgive my stupidity....

Wasn't there a period of the Batman comic where bat man had "died"? he went missing but everyone thought he was dead?
I know robin took over then but we don't have to be cannon all the time right?

What if this SB is during that time? What if Batman has gone missing and some think he is dead?
it would eliminate our need to keep the non player version of him around and might be the reason the other vigilantes are coming out of the wood work.

Also If someone at a later date wanted to start playing the dark knight, THEN he could come back from his supposed death and his character would be non defined for whoever might decide to play him- no previous conceptions so to speak.

Anyway this is my train of thought. :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Well then somebody would have to play Nightwing, Robin when he's all grown up. If anyone is interested in that position, PM me and I'll give you some material.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

42 Reviews

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:40 pm
Shadowlight says...

Hey DNX,

I know KindredSpiritBee was interested in possibly playing Nightwing a little while ago (when you were looking only fro a batman)

--But now I see your going to play him! XD

Obviously never-mind, ignore me....

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:32 pm
Redfang18 says...

Could somebody in Batman's team please bring in Batgirl? I got a writer's block problem.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:37 pm
Shadowlight says...

Maybe she comes across Simon painting on one of the walls in the Village? He's run away, but it would give her a entrance into the story- she could chase him or something.... maybe she thinks he's one of the bad guys on account of his freakish mask and all that jazzy stuff?

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery