z

Young Writers Society

Drallion DT

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:47 pm
Shadowlight says...

Alright there were two things I forgot to mention in my ungodly long post of before. :P

1) Frequency of posting-
I have had a few people come to me and ask about this worried that they might not be able to keep up with posting a lot.
I TOTALLY get that! My goal is that everyone can post a minimum once a week. If you go over this that is fantastic! and if you cannot then just let your fellow house members know so you can make up a plan. I see this working relatively well considering we will have several different story-lines running at once- if not we will figure it out!

2) Copyright crap....
Now this is my own personal thing and forgive me for saying it.
I have been on some SB where there have been some fights over what belongs to- who in which the writers think any ideas in the SB can be theirs regardless of who came up with them- and creators who think ALL of the SB is theirs; plots, characters, what have you. this bothers me a grate deal so I am going to lay something down plain for everyone.

The places/countries that I named in the first SB post are mine, I am writing a novel that takes place in Drallion so PLEASE don't use any of the names I MYSELF have created. Any characters I create or plot Ideas I come up with are mine as well.

That being said: Characters that you've created, places you've come up with, plot ideas you write-ANYTHING that comes from your fuzzy brains, these are yours no questions asked. I have no rights to them as SB creator as you have no rights to my ideas. :)

Sorry for all of this but I wanted to write these things down before I forgot.
as always if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.
<33
Thanks everyone!
~Shady
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:53 pm
Skorpionne says...

I told Shads, but I'd better post it here.

The day this starts, I'm going to be in Germany. I get back on the 3rd, so I'll be posting happily on the 4th, most probably!
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Betheny says...

You can have my character in your novel if you want Shaddy. :)
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

42 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:20 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Hey everyone!

I am getting SO excited for the SB to start!! *does a happy dance*

that being said I would love it if everyone could send me a PM letting me know if they still plan on being in the SB- if things have changed and you can no longer be in Drallion please don't feel guilty! just let me know so the rest of us can make a plan!

Also if you haven
t finished your profiles (myself included) please get those done before the start date.

AND' please EVERYONE reread everyone else's profiles so you have a fresh idea for characters and all that jazzy stuff!

Thanks so much,

~Shady~

47 Reviews

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:03 pm
Skorpionne says...

I really would like the Ithirican queen. I think I have a handle on her history.

42 Reviews

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:07 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Alright everyone!
I regret to inform you all that Scarlettfire has needed to drop out for the time being.
She is terribly sorry but personal circumstances have forced her to withdraw.

So her characters are now up for grabs, just send me a pm if you are interested.

Also Skor- I am fine with you taking on the queen- JUST make sure to be plot webbing with; Fading, Ahn, and Leah! :) you all are the powerhouse that is Ithirica! XD

Jabber- I have a few ideas about our little Haroun subplot so be on the lookout for a PM! :D

I can't wait till we start!!

<33333

42 Reviews

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:45 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Okay double posting forgive me!

i have a cast announcement for our SB!

Sunshine has joined by special request to play the role of one of the princesses since the lovely Scarlettfire had to drop out for personal reasons!

Bethany and Creativemuse! This means Sunshine will be joining your royal house! I would strong suggest you all plot weave together to come up with some juicy twists! :)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:20 am
Sunshine says...

Yep, I'm here! :D (Yes, this is for notifs!)
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:37 am
Leahweird says...

Lucius has surfaced in my mind. He has requested that I let Sunshine know that he thinks Basille is incredibly attractive. So take that as you will.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:03 pm
Betheny says...

Hi, sunshine. Just a thought but would you like our two characters to get along, given there a similar age and not mind the step-mother/daughter relationship or should we make it a bit awkward? ;) Welcome to the SB, by the way :D
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:28 pm
Sunshine says...

Leah- Basille told me she thinks he's attractive to, but not to tell anyone. Oops! :D We may be able to play something out there! :D
Beth- Yeah, I do think they should get along and be friends- unless her Dad's around. That's when it goes into awkward mode. Mainly yes, I do think friendship is the best option!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

42 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:47 pm
Shadowlight says...

OKAY PEEPS!

I will be posting the first post of this SB TONIGHT!!!

So when it is up that is the green light!

I know I said December second originally, but I am DYING to start and I have no self control so...yeah. :D

So after I post- GO! run free and lets see where Drallion goes.

(Also Jabber, Haroun wishes to know if your lovely little plot is going to happen? He also wants to know if it does will he get cookies? ;Dm)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:01 am
creativemuse1 says...

How long of a post are we suppose to have?
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

47 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 am
Skorpionne says...

Off you go! Take good care of the SB while I'm off in Germany, guys! And as a parting gift, I give you the queen's profile!

Spoiler! :
Name: Marigold, called Marie by her family and friends. (Sooo many nicknames in this SB!)

Rank Queen

Allegiance: Her husband, her children (Biological and otherwise) and Ithirica

Appearance:

Ithirca.jpg
Ithirca.jpg (16.32 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Ithirca #2.jpg
Ithirca #2.jpg (17.59 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Personality:
Marigold is a very calm person, under pressure and whenever else. She’s also quite dreamy, tending to drift through life. This tends to make her very vague, which, combined with her calmness, can make her seem incredibly uncaring to some people. She does care; it just takes a lot to get her seriously emotional.
Marie is also very outgoing. She loves talking to people, even when arguing, which she sees as an opportunity to show off her wit.
She loves writing, and sees herself as a Historian of sorts. She’s presently working on translating and collecting all the ancient scrolls in the royal library.
Likes: Horses, philosophy, storytelling, writing, History, bright colours, simply talking to people, and children.
Dislikes: Narrow-minded people, rats, being alone, the colours brown and grey, and she’s terrified of dogs.

Flaws: Vague, terrible memory (Especially for names) Like her daughter, very trusting, which is probably where Addi got it from. Quite useless in combat. Also a terrible liar.

Skills/special abilities: Can ride very well, incredible at keeping secrets and not at all bad at writing, has a razor-sharp wit.

History:(Let me know if I got it wrong!) Marigold was born in a poor village, and sent away to be a handmaiden as soon as she was old enough. It was nothing personal- her parents just didn’t have enough money to keep her.
While working as the queen’s handmaiden, she started to become romantically involved with the king, who told her that he was a kitchen hand.
When she learnt he was the king, she was shocked out of her mind, and almost left there and then, especially when she learnt about Luc’s existence, but he convinced her to stay, telling her that nobody would ever know.
A few months later, Ben was born.
When Marigold conceived Addi, she realized that she had to go. More and more people were asking who the father was, and Marie couldn’t lie forever.
So she left, and spent the next fourteen years working as a storyteller, travelling from town to town with Addi.
Then the queen died, and Marie was chosen to be the king’s new bride. With her married, that made Ben the next royal heir.

Up For Love? Unfortunately, no. She’s married, and doesn’t strike me as the unfaithful type.

Other: She’s mildly asthmatic. Nothing serious, she just runs out of breath a little quicker than normal.

42 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 am
Shadowlight says...

Hey Creative!

As to post length I don't have a set word count.

So something that advances the and is longer that one paragraph- unless it is one killer paragraph! :P

In short, nothing that will kill us reading, but something with a little meat on it. :)

<33
~Shady~

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)