z

Young Writers Society

The Gryphon's Egg

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:14 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

The first scene can be told from either the Wildercat's perspective as Iris approaches the king(she should be very sneaky with this, appearing from the shadows) Or as Iris herself approaches, readying herself for what she is about to do. Then to the wildercat as he see's the king's reaction to what Iris is saying, and then the king's call to action. This is where we will move forward, Iris following them to the Katchy camp and watching in horror at the work of her hands as the wildercat and soldiers destroy the Katchies.(of course she should start out a little hardened but it must at some point hit her pretty hard...perhaps even later down the line)

I was thinking, instead of this could we have it so...
Iris appears from shadows
Wildercat is sent from room
Iris discusses /stuff/ with the king
Wildercat returns with nothing and finds out plans
Iris travels with them to Udairnil
Wildercat and army destroys some stuff
Iris is shocked *gasp*
Amber does whatever was originally planned (couldn't be bothered to read it, heh ^^)

It would just make more sense now that Morsus has to leave, and while he's gone Iris and Malcolm can actually discuss the necklace ;).
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Yay! Well done Lump, that was a very good introduction to the Wildercat my friend. :) Plus I'm not the only one anymore :D My dear Just, would you like me to continue onwards or are we still deciding on Iris' motive?
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:46 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

XD Perfect entrance my friend! XD ...did I mention that I love what you've done with Delirumorsus :3 , he's such a beast now XD

...If you feel like the conflict between Iris and Amber is strong enough then we may definitely proceed..I don't know why but I'm just not feeling Iris's anger...it must be something pretty powerful to push her out of Udairnil and into the kings courts.

In other words, I'm just not confident with what I've written...but then again I'm always really harsh on my own writing, if you guys feel like the conflict is enough to move with then by all means, full speed straight ahead :wink:

28 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

It could be one of things that's hinted at but never truly explained?
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

30 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

hmmmm...yeah, that would work ;) We could just move on and hint that Amber(or even the entire Katchy tribe) has betrayed her in some way, though we might never actually reveal the what and why...or...is thinking...maybe Iris did something wrong...like maybe instead of Amber straight up doing something to betray Iris, Iris is actually accused of betraying the Katchies in some way, when in fact she's done nothing wrong. The katchies decide to actually banish her out of Udairnil and Amber, her truest friend, does nothing to stop them...or something like that...

28 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:05 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Ooh, that's a very good idea. And before you go changing your mind (again ;) ) I'm keeping the idea. I'll post tomorrow, my brain's starting to hurt from trying to create a character for another SB (don't worry I'm not betraying you). :D Love you all, and see you tomorrow. :)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32 pm
View Likes
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Would it be okay if I joined this SB?
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

30 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:23 am
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

XD see you tomorrow!

(Sorry I haven't been on guys, my computer is being...difficult.)

96 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:13 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Heh, that's okay Just XD. Make sure it doesn't die on you though! I was wondering, would Malcolm believe what Iris said so easily without proof? If he knew about the gryphon necklace then he'd definetly believe her... *scratches imaginary beard*, but if not he might think it was some sort of trick O.o.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore

28 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:59 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

I was thinking he would want to confer with his queen then summon Iris again later demanding proof when he realises he doesn't have any, for now I thought it might be nice if good ol' Wildercat and Iris could bond.

96 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:52 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Ah so, instead of the Wildercat coming straight back, they could bump into each other and have a little... talk XD. For the proof, Iris would have to be called back in alone (because Morsus can't hear about the pendant) and then he could get impatient and go in to hear about the plans to travel to Uldairnil. Makes sense :).

30 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

uhuh uhuh "nods head enthisiastically" makes perfect sense :wink:

...hmmmm...looks like we have someone to play Malcolm :3 ...but my request for an audition has been ignored it seems :? ...

28 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

PM them, see if they reply.

96 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:50 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

^That.

30 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

Not to worry, I did shot her a little PM with the necessary changes and info for the Malcolm character. Everything's fine, though I think I realize more than ever the neccesity of auditions for a few of these characters.

@tinkembell- I filled her in on most of the Wildercat's history though I sent her to you if she had anymore questions regarding your character :wink:

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage