z

Young Writers Society

The Gryphon's Egg

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:01 am
Justlittleoleme says...

Hey guys, this is the Discussion forum for The Gryphon's Egg. Post all your random questions and queries here. This is also where we will plan for future scenes, discuss character, plot and setting, as well as anything else you can think of... sooooo...have at it! :wink:

and here's a link back to the story, just to make things a little less round about: post929205.html#p929205

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 am
Lornydoo says...

Didn't you say that my avatar looks like gwen??

Because just to say ...... That's me! hee hee ;3

Lorna
xx
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 pm
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

XD you really do look just like her. I'm not sure how to put it but you just do...this is probably the second time in my life that I've found someone who looks just like one of my characters and you just happen to share a similarity with two, Gwen and Breck...although Breck is definitely a little more masculine that you :wink:
Last edited by Justlittleoleme on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:33 pm
tinkembell says...

I aim to please ;)

Hi JustYou ^^ just some quick questions about my fluffly venomous pet the wildercat.
1) How do you pronounce wildercat? WILL-dercat or WHILE-dercat?
2) Is he the only one?
3) Does his name have to be 'wildercat' or can that just be the type of creature he is?

"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm
Lornydoo says...

Justlittleoleme wrote:XD you really do look just like her. I'm not sure how to put it but you just do...this is probably the second time in my life that I've found someone who looks just like one of my characters and you just happen to share a similarity with two, Gwen and Breck...although Breck is definitely a little more masculine that you :wink:

Hee hee ..... thats a little creepy! .... cool but creepy!!

;3
xxxxxxx
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:51 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

XD Definitely a little creepy...but still cool :wink:

O.o Fluffy venoumous pet indeed XD
For you first question, the name Wildercat is pounced Will-dercat since Whiledercat sounded a little to obvious, like I was just calling him a Wilder cat instead of a monterous cat from the wilds :wink:

He is species is rare(thankfully) but he is in fact not the only one. There are a few of his species running about in the wilds of Wildernoir, he just happens to be the biggest and baddest so they all steer clear clear of his "territory".

Wildercat is actually just his species name. Back when I created Wildercat I gave him the name Sylnoir, kinda like a merging of the words Seville, sylph(a beautiful being that inhabits the air), and black. But you may give him another name if you wish :D

96 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:10 pm
tinkembell says...

Thanks x) I was imagining it as WILL-dercat anyway, heh. There's this place called beWILDerwood near where I live, and you pronounce it like that ;). Ah, so wildernoir would mean a kind of wild/black (evil?) place, that makes sense. As to the name... I'm thinking. Sylnoir and Wildernoir sound quite similar O.0
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Haha, yep, you got it. If you look into a lot of my names you can find hidden meanings, a lot of them are concoctions of words from other languages and such, I took great pains with a few of them actually. Udairnil is made up of a few celtic words(pronounced oo-dare-nil )...I forget the exact mix but it basically means a green growing woodsy place as apposed to the dark, wild, evil Wildernoir.

O.o Yes, they do sound painfully similar, but I felt I could get away with it since he was in fact from Wildernoir. Like I said, feel free to give him any name you wish, you can even use his old name to make a better one, what ever, he's your character now, I give you the power to do what you will with him, make him your Wildercat. :wink: ..well, I mean he's still "my" wildercat,(I'm kinda jelous of my creations XD ) but I mean that I give you complete creative power, do what you need to make him real to you :D

96 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm
tinkembell says...

Hmm, I have a few, it would be helpful if you could tell me if you like any of them :)

Felmorte (cat death)
Felombre (cat shadow)
Felunamorte (cat moon death)
Asperafele (savage cat)
Delirumorsus (Insane bite)

96 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm
tinkembell says...

Oh, and exactly how long do people live for? Shorter, longer, or the same as a normal human? I'm just a little confused because you say something along the lines of 'over 400 years it became medevial and the half insane king didn't care'. Does this mean the king has lived for 400+ years, or something different?

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:56 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

hmmm, I actually sorta like the last and second to last one, the first one is also fine, but it seems somehow familiar "shrugs",

Delirumorsus sounds especially cool and is probably my favorite,

the middle almost sounds like Ailuro, the greek word for cat, so it works especially well :wink:

A list of other word/name possiblities, for your pleasure:

faileas (shadow, reflection)

olc (evil, wickedness)

sgàil (shade, darken, eclipse)

-justlittleol'me

Oh...I may need to clear that up a bit. People live normal life spans, I just mean that the current degraded situation is in no way helped by the current king. You could say that in the past better kings tried to maintain a sense of civility despite the harsh conditions of the planet, Malcolm on the other hand delights in throwing everything into chaos.

96 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:35 pm
tinkembell says...

Ah, makes sense. How old is the Wildercat? And how did the king come about having him as a pet? I'm only asking because I don't want to change anything that's already specific, heh - otherwise I can make it all up :P These questions are probably /very/ annoying for you ^_^.
I think those names are my favourites too :D

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:00 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

XD they aren't annoying at all! Ask away :wink:

The Wildercat is as old as three generations of kings, He lives in the expansive maze of tunnels beneath the castle where he was trapped as a very young cub. I had this story worked out where the king, as a child run's away from his mother and gets lost in the maze, he is found by the wildercat who attacks him, but for reason's only known to the Wildercat he does not kill the child. Some how Malcolm himself becoming King is strongly tied into the Wildercat but that is still apart of the story that's not quite worked out, in other words, its all up to you.(As a note, Malcolm is not the rightful heir though he is a part of the royal line...I think he's like the illegitimate child of Amber's grandfather...if that makes any sense -_- ) but yeah, other than that its all you :wink:

96 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:46 am
tinkembell says...

Thank you! So around three hundred then? You know if you have anything else on Mr Wildercat then you should say ;) it would save a bit of time, heh.

30 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:05 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Yep, about that :wink: and nope, no more info, unless you need some, then of course I'm willing to supply it...so far you seem to be doing good though :wink:

Hmmm, I'm starting to worry a bit though, the storybook is standing empty is seems. In your opinion, whats my story missing...too little info maybe? Not enough excitement? ...I'm just not sure, I'm thinking on going back and tweaking a few things...I'm just not sure what I should tweak...

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides