z

Young Writers Society

The Gryphon's Egg

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:31 pm
tinkembell says...

Yay! That's good :)
Spamming people is a very skilled craft, Just ^^. It's taken so many years to get this good XD.
Ah, thanks *goes to write scene in cafe where Amber instantly DIES. Kay, maybe not ;)* *patiently waits for pm*.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:16 pm
Betheny says...

Goooood morning... YWS!!! (See what I did there? No? Oh well, okay then... )

Just like to say I'm very muchly looking forward to this storybook :D . Although... no I probably shouldn't say it.... *Blurts it out anyway* We don't seem to have any Kangaroo people. :?
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

96 Reviews

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:00 pm
tinkembell says...

*Gasps* NO D: We're working on it. The Whohoroo (yeah, whatever that word is T-T) people aren't as key, but if you know anyone who'd be interested in this, then ask them!

ZOMG. I was a doodling in school when I realised my warrior girl looked a bit like Amber ^^ I added Aoife and tada! Mabeh pics soon ;)
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 am
View Likes
Justlittleoleme says...

:D Nice to see ya Bethany! Welcome to our lonely little discussion thread :wink:

XD its the Whorooroo...a bit of a mouthful I'll admit >.< but yes, we do seem to have a significant lack of them :? I actually expected him to be the first one snapped up, I mean, who wouldn't want to play the silly charismatic comic relief of a story? Perhaps no one understands my Jar Jar binks reference >.< or perhaps the tongue twister of a name is scaring them away XD

In either case, if you know anyone with a good sense of humor who you'd think be interested in the role then definitely give them a holler, we'd love to have anyone with a healthy funny bone aboard :wink:

P.S XD The story hasn't even started yet and it already has fan art! XD I...must...see...XD XD XD

28 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:13 pm
Betheny says...

THankyou for such a warm welcome :) It Betheny by the way, not Bethany. Sorry, I'm very pinicaty (I very much boubt thats even spelt right) about my name... :?
I get your Jar Jar reference! When I was younger I used to LOVE him, I even had a Jar Jar Binks head for a ruksack :D
Attachments
imagesCATGCSAB.jpg
imagesCATGCSAB.jpg (7.48 KiB) Viewed 149 times
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

30 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:44 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

>.< Sorry Betheny...XD and I think the word is persnickety XD

:D Glad to hear I'm not the only Jar Jar fan out there XD ...O.o I didn't even know Jar Jar rucksacks existed XD XD XD

28 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 pm
Betheny says...

I don't think they do any more... :( Random question: who's your favourite SW character, besides Jar Jar I mean. :)

30 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:00 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

ummmmm...I actually really like the little robot dude R2 D2 and after that is Chewbacca...yeah, I always go for the odd characters XD

96 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 pm
tinkembell says...

I drew a picture of the Wildercat as a baby too! My friend saw it and she thought it was a kitten, >.<.
Kind of early but when we do start the SB, will it be in first person or third? And when abouts in the story will it start? When the King hears about Amber?

28 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm
Betheny says...

YAY R2 D2! And Chewie: Rwar! :D Bestest characters ever.

Seconding Lump's question: When do we start, and is it in 1st or 3rd person, or doesn't it matter?

30 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:25 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Alright, I gave it a lot of thought and hear it is, short and sweet, 1st person and in the castle with Malcolm, written from the Wildercat's perspective since we don't have Malcolm yet. :wink:

We move from there. to the attack on the Katchy from Amber and Iris's perspective, then out of Udairnil where we will run into Gwen and Breck. Amber will stay with them for a day, hiding out, until the Wildercat catches up with them, he attacks and destroys everything, they run and escape(leaving him preoccupied somehow)...from there it gets a little foggy, I'm still working out details, but basically at one point we meet Keen(Amber's brother) and the rebel army. We move forward from there and eventually end up launching a covert attack on the castle, the aim? Kill king Malcolm. They run into Ariel, who instead of sounding the Alarm tries to help them(acting the part of a damsel in distress) when she infact is simply using them to kill her husband so that she may take over the kingdom....ummm...then we move to the climax which will involve Kind Malcolm injured and weak but not dead, Ariel in power, and the Wildercat going through some serious inner turmoil(the reason for this will be revealed. :wink: )

Like I said, there are a few foggy points but that's the general outline, meant to be more of a guide than anything :wink: .

Since there are still some lose ends being tied up the story will not begin on Saturday but will instead be postponed to Sunday, giving every one a little extra time to get situated :wink:

-justlittleoleme

28 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:31 pm
Betheny says...

When the wildercat gets 'preocupied', it could be with Iris. As she's a somewhat shaddy character she could help and hinder him, or help the cat them warn Amber? Just ideas

30 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:53 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

hmmmm...it doesn't sound like a bad idea :wink: but could you maybe expand upon that a little? what would be her reason's for helping the Wildercat?

28 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:24 pm
Betheny says...

I'm not sure... How about he offers her a deal of somesort? Or the Katchy/Amber do/does somthing that really annoys Iris, so she gets a type of revenge by helping the Wildercat.

96 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm
tinkembell says...

The story's finally coming together! And yay for foggy rough outlines ;). Wait, but who attempts to kill the king? Surely they know that it'd put Ariel in power, and that she's psychotic and all. :/ I get what Betheny's saying, I'm not sure on her motives though... maybe she's just generally twisted ^^.

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot