z

Young Writers Society

The Red Rose Discussion

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 pm
ashleymae says...

This thread will work like both the planning and storyboards on PH. Here, post your character bios, plot ideas, OOC, writing partner want ads, and I will post announcements, the OPEN Cast List, NPC Cast List, and plots. The story will start once my request is accepted.
"Together we fight, no matter the price"

-Harlana and Robin, Sweetest Magic

19 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:40 pm
ashleymae says...

Please have your bios follow this example.

This bio is subject to change

Personal Information
Full Name: Margaret Annabelle Griffton
Nickname: Margie
Title: Lady
Birth: January 5 1453
Allegiance: Henry Tudor
Resides: Farnham Castle, Surrey, England

Family
Mother: Lady Anne Forkes
Adoptive Father: Henry Griffton, Lord of Hemmington
Real Father: Thomas Howard, Earl of Surrey, (later) Duke of Norfolk
Half Siblings of Anne and Henry: Anne and George
Half Sibling of Thomas: Thomas
Betrothed: Edmund, Earl of Alnwick
Date of the Wedding: June 13, 1471
Betrothed On: August 1, 1466

Physical Appearance

Height: 5’6
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Slender
Distinguishing Marks: Birthmark on her neck
Always Carries: A dagger in her right sleeve

Personality
Personality: Kind, Caring, Loving, Generous, Stubborn
Dislikes: Not much
Hobbies: Hunting, Riding, Dancing, Embroidery, Pageantry

Background
I was taken away from my adoptive father at thirteen and placed in the Court of the Earl of Surrey at Farnham Castle. Apparently, I am a bastard of his born by my mother, the Lady Anne Forkes. After she knew of the pregnancy, she married her long term friend Henry Grifton the Lord of Hemmington, a small fiefdom in the county of Pembrokeshire. He has always treated me as his own daughter. I never learned of the Earl before my thirteenth birthday. No matter what anyone says, Lord Hemmington and none other. However, I am treated as an equal to my Lord Surrey’s son Thomas.
As soon as I was taken to Farnham, I was taught the skills any high born lady must. My education had greatly improved from the one I received at Hemmington. Within three months at the Earl’s Court, I was betrothed to the eighteen year old Edmund, the Earl of Alnwick on August 1, 1466. Never meeting my betrothed, our wedding was set to June 13, 1471.
Shortly after I had finished my studies, my Lord Surrey sent me to the Court of the Duke of Brittany to act as a spy against Henry and represent well the Howard family, despite my relations to the Earl.
Though the Earl is currently sided with King Edward IV, my loyalties lie with Henry Tudor. My mother had been a maid of honor to his mother, the Countess of Richmond, Lady Margaret Beaufort of whom I have been named after. Due to the fact that my mother was a favorite lady to the Countess and Pembroke Castle and Hemmington Castle are close, often as little children, Henry and I played together

19 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:46 pm
ashleymae says...

Please choose one character to play at this time. I will post all the recycled posts from PH so please wait patiently

Elizabeth of York: Daughter of Elizabeth Woodville and Edward IV, she is the future wife of Henry Tudor, though they don’t know it yet. Due to storytelling needs, her age has been altered.

Catherine Woodville: Sister to Elizabeth Woodville. Wife to Henry Duke of Buckingham. For storytelling needs her age has been altered slightly.

Edward IV: King of England, husband to Elizabeth Woodville.

Elizabeth Woodville: Wife to Edward IV, Queen of England, and Catherine Woodville’s elder sister. Mother to Elizabeth of York, Prince Edward and Prince Richard.

Margaret Beaufort: Mother to Henry Tudor, Dowager Countess of Richmond and Derby.

Margaret of Burgundy: Dowager Duchess of Burgundy, sister to Edward IV. Due to same names, her name will be changed to whatever fits the writer’s needs.

George Duke of Clarence: Edward IV brother.

John de la Pole: Duke of Suffolk, husband to Elizabeth

Elizabeth of York: John de la Pole’s wife, sister to Edward IV. Her name must be changed.

Richard III Duke of Gloucester: Brother to Edward IV takes throne at Edward’s death in 1483

Jasper Tudor: Uncle to Henry Tudor, they escape to the Court of the Duke of Brittany.

Henry Tudor: Lancastrian heir, is currently at the Duke of Brittany’s court.

Francis de Dreux: Duke of Brittany

Margaret Princess of Navarre: De Dreux’s wife. Name must be changed

Charles the Bold: Margaret of Burgundy's husband

19 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 pm
ashleymae says...

Before we start, I will move all recycled PH posts to this thread. Remember that the story goes on in both sites and if you wish, you can venture over and play the character there as well, otherwise, over there, another writer may play the character you play here. And some of my posts will be posted on both sites and some won't.

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus