z

Young Writers Society

Over Ten Percent ;-- DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:41 am
artsy says...

Any ideas for plot twists or subplots are welcomed.

If there is any confusion behind any replies within the Storybook, feel free to talk about it here. :]

Try to keep most things posted on here about the Storybook, but I won't harp if you say something slightly unrelated. Just keep it in the same general area please. <3

If there are any questions, feel free to ask. :D
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:30 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I would like a spot as a college age Plursych female.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:06 am
artsy says...

Ladyofthedeathroses wrote:I would like a spot as a college age Plursych female.

Done. Get the name of your character down and I'll put you on the list.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:55 pm
tinkembell says...

My character profile! ^^ This is the middle school character, in case it's not clear.

Name: Adelaide Bloom
Appearance: She has brown hair that's thick and layered and reaches just below her shoulders. It isn't straight or wavy, and never really works right for her so she doesn't put much effort into doing it. It's usually down or in a loose ponytail. Her eyes are also brown, muddy with swirls of amber and framed by dark eyelashes. When Adelaide's mother spent time with her as a child, she'd tell her they were like pieces of golden treasure laying in the dirt. She has fair skin, with a smattering of freckles across her nose from being out in the sun too much and a faint birthmark on her cheek, that will remind her she's only human in the days to come. Adelaide's slightly short for her age, and hates it when she's treated differently because of it. Her style is whatever she feels comfortable in - she isn't interested in following the trends, and most of her clothes are simple pastel/earthy colours. She never takes off her necklace (a locket with intricate swirls, and lapis lazuli that she's never opened) because she's had it since she was born.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Adelaide's a very shy person, she recently moved from England to America, and she doesn't know anyone there - it's a big weakness that she can't put herself forward and make friends, but it's part of the reason she can use over ten percent. She likes to keep to herself but she can be feisty when she wants too, and she's pretty trustworthy. Adelaide's not much of an optimist, and can be quite sarcastic at times, but if she trusts you, she'll be open and even outgoing.
Power: currently she's only omnilingual, meaning she can understand and speak any language (including animal - e.g. bear or snake).
History: Her parent's names are Isla Lee and Charlie Bloom. She was born in England, and for the first few years of her life, Adelaide's parent's spent time with her, played with her. Then they drifted away with work, and as an only child she was left to herself, with no one but the family pets: Sargent Goldilocks (a goldfish), Sour Skittle (a hamster) and Phoenix, Flame, Midnight, Starry-eyed and Oscar (the cats) and her occaisional babysitter, who only spoke Portugeuse. At school she didn't make many friends, but focused on the work. One month ago, her dad got a job in America, and they all moved; leaving England behind.
Other: Adelaide's power was activated because nobody around her spoke the language she did. Suddenly she found herself talking to her pets, making conversation with her babysitter, without knowing it wasn't natural. To her, everyone speaks the same language, there is no such thing as English or Dog - it all sounds the same. Becoming over ten percent could of activated an easier passage to other powers later on. Up for love! (Although everyone may be a little too old for her) anyhow, if they aren't it'll take time, Adelaide doesn't love that easily.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:55 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Seana Grace
Appearance: She has long and thick dark auburn hair that falls to her waist she usually has it up in a braid, she has dark moss green eyes with flecks of gold with thick eyelashes. She has light skin with a small red birthmark in the shape of a star on her left wrist, she's about 5'9- 5'10. She doesn't really care about trends and tends to dress mostly in blues, greens, and purples.
Personality: She's very observant and tends to listen more then she talks. She is very volatile if you say the wrong thing, she is very sweet, patient, soft spoken, and withdrawn.
Power: She can adapt to any fighting style and apply it to her own.
History:
Other:
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality