z

Young Writers Society

Souru DT

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 pm
Daisuki says...

Job ads, plotting, and general discussion - GO!

We'll get our first couple jobs up when we have some more characters :D

Souru Storybook
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Redfang18 says...

Question: at the mention of animals for pets/creature companions, what are the acceptable animals? I'm working on the profile and want to give my character a creature companion, but I don't know which are right or not for the storybook. Could you tell me what are the right animals for the storybook?
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

141 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:24 pm
Daisuki says...

Ummm... I'm not quite sure what you're thinking about. I'd say anything is fine, but do you have something specific? I'd say to keep in mind that dragons are hugely powerful, proud creatures that probably wouldn't be with humans. Other than that... I mean, for convinience it'd be nice to keep them pretty small, or else be able to ride on them.

32 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 pm
Redfang18 says...

What if my character had a dragon of which he raised from an egg, but it's still a hatchling at the moment?

~~~Les Miserables

141 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:45 pm
Daisuki says...

That sounds good! Imma big dragon lover myself :3

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:11 pm
*coco says...

Am I right in thinking this SB is going to be set in a medieval kind've time period?
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

32 Reviews

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:16 pm
Redfang18 says...

How do you like my character's profile? I was looking up Japanese boy names for both the mage and the dragon hatchling.

~~~Les Miserables

141 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:24 am
Daisuki says...

Redfang, your profile is awesome! I like the names, although it's kinda funny to have a dragon named dragon ^_^

Geez, I keep finding all these things I forget... Your guild mark can be any color you choose. You don't really need to go back and put that in unless you want to, but i just keep forgetting to mention these things...

Yup, this is a pretty medieval time period. Ryu, maho, and madoushi! Dragons, magic and mages!

When do y'all think we should cut off characters? Like, we don't want so many characters it gets confusing... what's a good number, do you think?

Another thing - this is a guild, so there's going to be lots of reacurring minor characters. If you'd like to post a very short profile for them (on the DT) that'd be cool. They're just minor characters, so they can have pretty static personalities, but we'll need extras in this SB :D Everyone can use these extras.

Also, do we want to jump straight into jobs when we start, or should we have some kind of big event in the guild to start us off. Like, a festival or a competition. What do you think?

Umm, could everyone plese describe their magic? Even if it's something as simple as Ice Magic, it's nice to know how far the power extends and what you can use it for.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:33 am
View Likes
*coco says...

Yeah, I thought so. I guess the whole 'dragon' thing should've sent alarm bells ringing :D Anyway, I hope you liked my profile, I don't know much about Japanese things, and I have made a few changes but let me know if there's anything else that I should work on and I'll be more than happy to do so. Oh, and I really like the idea of having some kind of big event in the guild to start things off. It would be a great chance to explore all the different personalities of our characters before they're sent on a mission.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:10 pm
Shinrai says...

The dragon is really a Ditto named Dragon
Shinrai (Japanese) means reliance, faith, trust, and confidence which are things that I hold value in and I strive to be reliable, faithful to God and the people I'm around, trustworthy, and confident so if you were wondering what my name means I hope this explains everything

32 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 pm
Redfang18 says...

Are you talkin' 'bout my character's hatchlin' dragon? I couldn't find a Japanese boy name that means "silver," so Ryu was the only name I could use for the time being.

~~~Les Miserables

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 pm
View Likes
Shinrai says...

Silver general in Shogi is Gin-Shou
Shinrai (Japanese) means reliance, faith, trust, and confidence which are things that I hold value in and I strive to be reliable, faithful to God and the people I'm around, trustworthy, and confident so if you were wondering what my name means I hope this explains everything

32 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 pm
Redfang18 says...

Not silver general, just the word "silver."

~~~Les Miserables

141 Reviews

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm
View Likes
Daisuki says...

I'm pretty sure 'Gin' means silver. But Ryu's fine too ^_^

141 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 am
View Likes
Daisuki says...

What d'y'all think about those things mentioned above? And also, what if we all agreed to write in third person? I feel like it'd be interesting to try a different approach, where we focus more on the progression of the story rather than our own characters. I'm just throwing stuff out there, so tell me what you people think.

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe