z

Young Writers Society

Symbiosis DT

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:15 pm
Sins says...

I don't really have any plot bunnies sussed for Zaden yet, partly due to the lack of civilians. He needs buddies, guys, and lots of 'em. Preferably gay. If the civilian spots aren't taken too soon, I might make another civilian character so Zaden can have a good ol' chum to hang around with. I suppose he could hang out with other kinds of people, but I'm not sure if anyone would be up for that because he's quite the handful. xD

If anyone wants their character to interact with him though, just let me know!
Last edited by Sins on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I'll whip one up for you. A girl. Named Santana.

See where this is going? I'm glad.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm
Sins says...

Lumi wrote:I'll whip one up for you. A girl. Named Santana.

See where this is going? I'm glad.

YES.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 pm
View Likes
Incognito says...

I make another civilian if you want. (:

I think the surgeons should basically mingle and mix with the civilians and resistance and that kind of thing. That way they could be influenced by certain happenings and have their opinions slowly change. Using that, you could make them torn between their job security and the fact that what they are doing is wrong. Some could even change and take part in the resistance regime.

I think the real random plot events should mainly be organized by the resistance, so we could do a whole; cause, react, and reflect kinda thing. The big plot is whether or not who gets in control of Nova city and the final outcome of the controversy with the symbiosis so like, yah. Personally, I think they should overthrow the Symbiosis and stop hampering with people even if it did make them a thousand times better. ;)

For my character:

Aubrey (that's her name) is a failed surgery so she needs to fit in somewhere. I'm thinking about making a NPC for her mother who takes after her. Her mother and father aren't together, so Maxwell Hyatt really has no idea his daughter exists. He just thinks she is dead, or doesn't even know at all. Symbiosis ruined her life and the main supporter of it is her father.

Now the problem I am having is how she will fit in with the plot and the other characters, because she is schizophrenic and its not like she can help much with the Resistance. Basically she is a victim of the procedures. I'm thinking she needs some kind of partner or character that she knows, like a therapist, who could bring her existence to the attention of others. That way, she can get involved with the plot and not be a hermit (this is for my sanity more than hers).

I could even make that character, but it would be more fun if there was someone else. ;)
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 pm
Leahweird says...

I volunteer to make a character from scratch to be Aubrey's caretaker/loyal friend/whatever. I was about to go try my hand at a civilian character anyway.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:11 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Incognito wrote:I think the surgeons should basically mingle and mix with the civilians and resistance and that kind of thing. That way they could be influenced by certain happenings and have their opinions slowly change. Using that, you could make them torn between their job security and the fact that what they are doing is wrong. Some could even change and take part in the resistance regime.

And that is where Ashton comes in with her unique little quirk; her Symbiote is a sentient being and she really doesn't like what's being done to her kind. I think it could work....somehow. I wonder how the humans will react to the knowledge that their Symbiotes are sentient beings?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:25 am
View Likes
Audy says...

I was thinking about making another civilian character too.

Or it'd be cool if a civilian was actually very into debates and politics, so he's not afraid of... say, interrupting a speech Maxwell Hyatt was giving? 'Cause he hates Hyatt? That would be fun. Just sayin'.

*cough* How about a female journalist, who's not very good at being objective? I'm not sure if I should make her run, but it could be a possibility, maybe if she's given a lot of encouragement. Mainly though, I could see her support Patricia Peters (women stick together, right?)

I was actually thinking of making her a tv (or whatever alternative we might be using) personality. Not a big news-channel, but one of those rinky-dink 12am shows known for their outspoken biased views and gossiping and all that.

I can see her as friends with some surgeons (maybe they went to same school at one point) and she tries to convince/sway them...? *pokes Leahweird*

There could also be a possibility in her making a deal with the rebels and gets one of them on TV, then you've really stirred up trouble.

Just a plot bunny. Let me know what anyone thinks.

Also, are we starting the plot right when the labs blows up? I'm trying to picture in my head exactly where the resistance would be, cause I'd imagine at that point, they would be hiding seeing as they're going to be targets. In that case, they need some kind of meeting house.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am
View Likes
Octave says...

! DT!

I don't think I'll be able to drive two characters in one SB just yet (I've only very recently gotten back into storybooking), but whoever takes the female journalist will have my eternal love and devotion thanks. =D Nicky could do with some trouble in his life, and considering his status in Nova City, I think a journalist would be an interesting addition to his list of affiliates (not necessarily as a friend).

Also, TO RESISTANCE MEMBERS:

I would like to throw up the idea that maybe Nicky has a traitor (resistance member) in his ranks - well, not really a traitor as much as the guy who stole the weapons from Ferapont for the resistance. I mean, the resistance has to get their arms and supplies somewhere, right? The higher up/closer to Nicky, the better. :D

On another note, if Nova City is sort-of-center of the world, maybe biological weapons would be stored there, then maybe we could amp up the tension by using that? I mean, what if the terrorists decide to threaten the civilians with biological weaponry next? (Not that they have it - yet.) And JABBER, I totally forgot to talk to you a while ago in chat. :/ The next time I see you, I'd like to be able to find out the relationship between Max and Nicky? =D

That is all. You can tell I'm super excited for this. *cough*
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:04 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Sorry about the lack of OMG LUMI IS PLOTTING going on for the past few days. I've been distracted in a million different ways in a million different places. But this puppy is gonna be good. >:]

Since we have more characters in the SB now with profiles made, start filling in those "Character Interactions" areas, or whatever I called them. Make some chemistry. This'd be good, especially for the resistance knowing other people.

AND ONE MORE THING. Invite more people. Share the fun, share the love, etc. etc. so on and so forth.

I'm going to be making a resistance member myself, I've decided. And we should totally come up with a name for it.
-Shinji Moon

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 am
ScarlettFire says...

Oooh. A name for the Resistance? *ponders*

HAS = Humans Against Symbiosis?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:18 pm
JabberHut says...

And JABBER, I totally forgot to talk to you a while ago in chat. :/ The next time I see you, I'd like to be able to find out the relationship between Max and Nicky? =D

NICKY ILU NICKY

Also, my child isn't posted. :[ *jabs*

/useless post
I make my own policies.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 pm
Lumi says...

Did we lose a Cheeto again? D:
-Shinji Moon

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:25 am
SisterItaly says...

Skins wrote:I don't really have any plot bunnies sussed for Zaden yet, partly due to the lack of civilians. He needs buddies, guys, and lots of 'em. Preferably gay.

...Carmen is pansexual? 8D
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:38 am
wonderland says...

Posting. To get notfications.

Maybe I'll even get my profiles complete and up this week.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
Audy says...

Not sure about a name for the Resistance. But it'd be cool if resistance members can call people with symbiotes Symbots ^^

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites