Young Writers Society

Edge Of Glory DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:02 am
ScarlettFire says...

Yeah, this is the DT.

You know what to do; Plot away and stuff.

Link to SB: topic88565.html
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 am
SisterItaly says...

Bloop
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 am
Shadowlight says...

Lovely! now we can plot against our characters! XD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 am
ScarlettFire says...

That's the idea! Enjoy XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:17 am
ScarlettFire says...

Isha has first post, so when you see that up.... go for it.

Yes, the SB is starting. But please, wait for Isha's post. She's starting off this SB.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:11 am
StellaThomas says...

Anne- in relation to getting Haroun into the palace, how would you feel about him having at least a side career as an artist? That way he can come to paint Saffir's portrait or something and in this way she can discover his use?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:15 am
Shadowlight says...

I"m already changed his profession my dear Dianna- he IS a portrait painter now!

He would be terrified to go to her, but no one can refuse a royal summons? XD
have fun tormenting him to your hearts content Dianna- I know I will be. :3
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:17 am
ScarlettFire says...

Just watch your backs around Daeron. The man's a monster.

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm
View Likes
Demoness says...

Here comes the little elf's profile, I'll post the major-queen-leader-ish one as soon as possible :)

Name:Lúna Da-Lea
Age: Lúna is only a child, counting in elf-years and so she appears to be no more than 5 even though she’s lived as long as a human in her forties.
Race: Elf
RankPrincess of Elves
Allegiance: Síscéal

Appearance: Luna is a little girl, about 3 foot tall with big eyes that are of a sharp colour of crystalized, emerald green. Her skin is pale and like most elves it seems to have a sort of dim glow to it. Luna is often spotted barefoot and barelegged, wandering around only in a simple, easily worn dress in fair colours. Her long, dark, curly, wild hair mostly dances freely around her petite head. ¨

Personality: Lúna is a very happy child, she’s always wearing a mischievous little smile on her lips and it’s hard not to be affected by her impeccable mood. She’s also very curious and eager to learn new things, more than once have people sighed deeply after having to answer question after question in her presence. Lúna is also very reckless and some say she’s nearly fearless, and whether this is a good trait or a bad one really depends on the situation, though through experiences she’s come to suspect it’s mostly a bad one but another thing characteristic for Lúna is that she barely ever learn from her mistakes.

Lúna loves to go on adventures – she’s in her best mood when she gets to discover new environments and habitats as well as meeting new people, especially glad she gets when meeting people of another race and gets to interrogate them of their habits and cultures.

Something that Lúna dislike though, is silence and if a situation threatens to turn quiet she will quickly make´sure it doesn't. If to do so she has to scream, sing or talk about the weather, so she will.

Flaws/Weaknesses: Lúna is impulsive, reckless and fearless – all of which can be good qualities under some circumstances but most of which is weaknesses that gets her in to trouble. She’s also got a problem with keeping her mouth shut both when it comes to situations that require silence but also when it comes to keeping secrets. Síscéal damns her for this since she fears that Lúna will accidently reveal information to people that will later use it against her.

Power/s: Elves can live as long as a human eternity if not mortally wounded and they are also more resistant to pain and their wounds heal quicker and easier. But other than being remarkably quick and acrobatic plus being extra flexible and smooth in her movements she doesn’t owe any specific powers.

History: Lúna is the heiress to the elvish throne which is now occupied by the great Queen of the Elves, Síscéal Naunar. She was originally raised in a small village in the deepest parts of the Elvish forests but after being the only one left behind after a group of rebellion gryphons raided the village leaving behind a fire that swallowed the entire camp she was taken in under the wing of the queen herself since she’s got no descendants young enough or willing enough to take over after her departure.

After being taken in by Síscéal, Lúna had to start a long education in languages, history and cultures not only concerning the Elvish race but also that of the other races since being Leader of the Elves meant you had to understand and be able to communicate with the others. Lúna showed from the very beginning to be eager to learn and even at her currant age of 5 elvish years (40 human) she is already a very educated and well taught student.

At the current moment she is travelling with Síscéal and a group of guards and warriors towards the Human camps and cities – for Síscéal it is a journey that might lead to her gaining more power and expanding her kingdom while Lúna just look at is as one big adventure.

Up For Love? No
Attachments
Lúna Da-Lea.jpg
Lúna Da-Lea.jpg (43.43 KiB) Viewed 155 times
Last edited by Demoness on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:58 pm
StellaThomas says...

Síscéal <33 Love the profile, Saga! (Does that technically mean you named her after yourself?)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

424 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 pm
Demoness says...

Tahaa, I guess I did! (Not egocentric at all ^^ )
Some say in ice.
Is also great

424 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 pm
Demoness says...

And here it finally comes, The profile of the Elvish Queen!

Name: Síscéal Naunar
Age: Appears to be quite young, 25+, something like that. In reality though, she’s about to celebrate her 1019:th birthday.
Race: Elf
Rank Queen of Elves
Allegiance: Síscéal

Appearance: Síscéal is old, older than most breathing creatures on earth but her face can easily fool you as it is of a delicate shape with smooth, porcelain skin decorated with two sparkling, full-of-life eyes in deep, forest green and framed by a façade of dark, curly hair. Síscéal is rather tall and appears to be both slim and fit. She’s usually spotted dressed in white gowns.

Personality: At first sight Síscéal can come across as a somewhat prideful and sour young lady, this isn’t an entirely false deduction but Síscéal has got her heart in the right place and she has never been considered selfish among her people, she is quite the opposite and rather self-sacrificing. Though she is incredibly stubborn and whatever the situation or matter if she’s set her eyes and mind on something it is nearly impossible to make her change her mind. The reason to this is suspected to be that she is an elder, she’s lived through many ages and she wants it the “old” way – being “her” way.

Not to be forgotten though, is that she’s awfully loyal to her people and she’d so anything to make sure they were safe and alive. But as she is the Queen she has learned the importance of keeping her distance and she seldom spends any quality time with her people and she only surrounds herself with guardians and servants and off course, her adoptive child – Lúna.

In difference to her daughter, that talks constantly and is more energetic than is considered appropriate for a princess, Síscéal finds comfort in silence. She can spend hours just walking through her kingdom of trees and flowers in complete silence – she finds it peaceful and soothing.

Síscéal also find the colour red awfully repulsing and the mere sight of it make her cringe – she suspects it is connected with her fear of blood.

Flaws/Weaknesses: Síscéal’s worse quality is that she is too determined and having made up her mind about something and spoken it out loud she cannot change her mind, even though, maybe even she realizes that she might not have the best idea. It’s a pride-thing supposedly, being the oldest one causes her sometimes to believe she must have all the right answers.
Síscéal has also, since she was just a young elf feared the sight of blood and this has proven to be quite the weakness out on battlefields where she can end up swooning and getting sick in the middle of a fight.

Power/s: All elves live long lives, much longer than humans and as they age they become more resistant to pain and injuries. Síscéal has lived longer than most creatures alive and breathing and it could be appropriate to call her apparent immortality a certain power.

Having lived as long as Síscéal also gives one a great amount of knowledge, 10 centuries she’s had to gather information, learn a few tricks and become considerably wise and it is a quite strong weapon of hers.
Being the Queen Elf she also has got a strong connection to the Elvish forests and in times of war or danger she is capable of taking control over the powers the forests contain – and the forests are even older than Síscéal so you bet there is a lot of power to gather from it.

History: Síscéal was raised during the time when the world was ruled by Elves into the very centre of the Elvish midst and royalty. She was the eldest of the four daughters and her destiny had been spun in the spiders net. She was supposed to lead the elvish race, she was supposed to guide the human race and be a loyal ally to the Gryphons. Basically – she had a lot to live up to.

It was not a simple job but she considered herself doing not quite so bad. The Elves trusted her, the humans worshipped her and the gryphons respected her. But then came the time when something changed. And it all began with the gryphons, one of them – or maybe there were many had lost their respect for her, or perhaps they were just tired of living in her shadow. Some of them started to rebel and at night they attacked the elvish city Alona. It began as just plain pranks – to scare the elves but soon they became more violent, trashing homes, burning down shops and it even went so far that they came to kidnap children. At this point Síscéal has enough and sent her warriors to put some fear in the gryphons, only she had no idea who of them that were responsible for the vandalism and so she tormented them all. Years later Síscéal would consider this decision the worst of her life since it enraged almost every single gryphon and the days that followed both elves and gryphons would fall in a battle of blood in the city of Alona. Síscéal still remember the sight of the red, blood-stained city and what had come with it. The elves had lost their faith in her, they’d become weary and from being a race that lived in unity they had retreated into the forest and formed several individual camps – it had taken ages for her to regain their trust. The humans stopped looking up to her, and many of them formed their own wills and became the ones to take Alona and make their own kingdom out of it, Jadira and the gryphons lost every ounce of respect they’d ever held over her.

After this event though there were no more feuds between the gryphons and elves until a few years back when again a group of gryphons has raided one of the elvish camps, setting fire to it killing every elf but one little child – Lúna Da-Lea whom Síscéal took under her wing and later adopted.

Now, after years of wanting to seek her revenge on the gryphons and avenge both her own family, and that of Luna’s Síscéal has found a way to do it. The gryphons seek to overtake what the humans now owe and Síscéal plan to do the same and both expand and take back what once was hers and at the same time get the revenge she’s been waiting so long for.

Up For Love? Síscéal is very cautious when it comes to love because she’s lost both her teenage-love, a human boy and her elvish husband to war and she couldn’t bear lose anyone else so she isn’t exactly open to it. But, it’s not like anyone can resist love when it strikes.
Attachments
Síscéal.jpg
Síscéal.jpg (154.87 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Some say in ice.
Is also great

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:39 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I must apologize for completely disappearing like I did. Now that I remember this is here.... What is going on in this SB, and what kind of plans do you guys have? Let's see if we can get this going again. I think I was meant to post, but I'll need to talk to a few people first.

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop