z

Young Writers Society

Experimentals DT

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:16 am
*coco says...

It's totally up to you. Do as much as you like :)
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47 am
Searria H. says...

This sounds really great! But one question: Mal doesn't seem like the gullible type. With all of his psychological background, wouldn't he be able to tell that Mandy is lying to him about Dr. Grey? Unless of course he finds it all rather amusing and just wants to see how it's going to pan out.

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 pm
Firestalker says...

Sea - You have a point there, as usual :). And you're right xD. Unless Mandy is an expert deceiver Mal would indeed notice it, but even if she was he would know instinctively that Dr. Grey wouldn't do something like that. He's more of a character-judging type than a I-can-tell-you're-lying type. Either way even he'd most probably play along with it for his own personal amusement. I'll have to ask him about that... without getting myself water-tortured....

A point though guys. Mal isn't what one would call a generic criminal. He's more of a guy who has morals that are beyond sane understanding.... which now that I think about it is what most criminals have...
Starting again. Mal is more of a guy who does not see the world in black a....

Starting yet again. This time I'll get it. To Mal both good and evil are of the same most of the time. In other words he could be helping someone at one moment and slitting their throat from ear to ear in the next. His personality is... weird... to put it simply. He cannot be regarded as a criminal by definition... perhaps an insane psychopath (emphasis on the insane) or something along those lines.

This is me just putting it out in case of need for future reference for me (short term memory loss... sigh) as well as for anyone else...
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

130 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 pm
*coco says...

I quite like the idea of Mandy and Mal working together/using each other for their own interests withing the company.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 am
RedBird says...

A question: Given that the subjects will probably try to reveal the secrets of MediSyn when/after they escape, should they encounter Mandy, as well, seeing as she's a journalist/spy?
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

141 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:16 am
Firestalker says...

That's a good question... I suppose it would depend on whether the children know that Mandy is a journalist that can/could help them and if Mandy is sympathetic/empathetic towards the children.... and several other factors that *coco may think of...
--

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 pm
*coco says...

Very good questions, guys!

Redbird: the kids can only reveal the secrets after they escape, and considering the fact that Mandy is a journalist, she would want the exclusive inside story on what they went through. That way she would be fulfilling her job as a corporate spy and a journalist. For this reason, I'm thinking she helps them escape. I still don't know whether it's because she feels sorry for them or because she's interested in her career - maybe you guys could come up with something?

I'll try to post soon. I'm quite busy at the moment so bare with me :)

141 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 am
Firestalker says...

Random point. Due to plenty of pre-exam boredom and 'can't-be-botheredness' I have statistically defined our posts per second (I.e. rate of posts) ranking among all storybooks created between the first and thirty first of October 2011.

Okay, if I'm not wasting anyone's time... let me explain :)

After calculating the number of days the storybooks have been in use and thus deriving the total number of seconds, I divided the numerical value of the total number of posts by the number of seconds. Sure there is the error factor that comes up due to the random posts and profiles etc, but this isn't that.... accurate anyways... :P

So when averaging out the values, we actually have a higher rate of posting than the mean value of rates! Hehe, cheers guys!

Our own rate of posting is, 4.15305 x 10^-5 whilst the mean of the rates of posting is 2.93158895502 x 10^-5. After converting the un-grouped data into a more readable form (I.e. instead of seconds, converted it into days) I used Normal Distribution to find out the probability of us being lower than... lets say... 2.3919000289 x 10^-5 which came up as.... (god I hate calculating normal distribution values...)... 0.425987... which is 42.6% The best part of this is that it makes no sense at all since assigning order to random numbers, putting them together and extrapolating meaning is not stats... oh wait... nevermind. Either way, using normal distribution to find the probability of something that is infinitely variable is impossible, thus this whole paragraph is worthless.

Now you may ask why this is posted in the Discussion Thread of a storybook. Simple. It's all because of Chirantha and his comment
Chirantha wrote:Uhh... guys? Are you going to post?

In other words... if you don't want to bleed out of your eyes and ears by reading about maths... post... :P

Nah, just kidding. The real reason is to congratulate you (and me of course) on keeping up the good posts, having the second highest posts number in all the normal storybooks started in October and in being able to beat the mean/average rate of posts!

Congratulations guys! Keep up the good work :D
--

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan