z

Young Writers Society

Tsila's Den DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:35 am
ScarlettFire says...

Well, this is the DT for Tsila’s Den. You know what to do. Plot and stuff. Enjoy!

Link to SB: topic87512.html
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 pm
Iggy says...

:D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 pm
Iggy says...

IS the Shadow Queen Tsila, the actual goddess? Because that would be awesome, I wanted the goddess!
- Lewis Carroll

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 am
ScarlettFire says...

Yes she is. And you better read that link in the spoiler under her name. I hope you think you can portray good enough.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:24 am
CelticaNoir says...

Okay, so. I was totally planning for a sagey-sort of Sorceress who's over 90, smokes and hates men. Why did Canta turn out this way? Anywhos...Neri knows what she is. Puts some complications in the whole situation.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:22 am
DSF6647 says...

Edit: Double posted this sorry
Last edited by DSF6647 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

18 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 am
View Likes
DSF6647 says...

Name: Keziah
Age: She looks to be in her mid twenties, but no one, not even Dewey knows her real age. Dewey asked her once, and she told him she had lost count after 200.
Race: Sorceress
Allegiance: Dewey, and undeclared at the moment…

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

As seen above, except that instead of a python, she is usually followed by a King Cobra.

She has golden, almost snake like eyes, and long dark hair. She is usually has simple jewelry on, and is dressed as any other person in the city. She is 5’7”, and seems young and fit. She is beautiful, but almost in a inhuman way. People say to never look in the eyes of Talib because she will hypnotize you with a glance, and when people look at Keziah’s eyes that thought often comes to mind.

Personality: Keziah is a kind woman, though she can also be blunt and to the point when needed. She doesn’t beat around the bushes, and believes in simply approaching and dealing with a problem when it appears. She cares for those in the city, and is willing to offer a helping hand to anyone who needs it. She tries to not get attached however, and knows that life can be harsh and people do and will eventually die. Dewey however managed to worm his way into her heart, and she does truly care for the little scoundrel.

Flaws/Weaknesses: Well Dewey is one of her biggest weakness. She loves the little scoundrel and would do almost anything for him. She also despises religion and all it entails. She believes the gods do exists, but doesn’t respect what they stand for and who they are.

Power/s: Magic

History: A lot of rumors surround Keziah and who she really is. She lives in Shanty Town by the Oasis in a small house that she shares with Dewey. Keziah is the seventh Sorceress in the past two hundred years to bear that name and to live in this house. Every thirty years or so when the Sorceress who lives in the house turns about fifty, she will vanish, and a few days later a younger sorceress will have taken her place. The people of Tsila no longer consider it odd, but dozens of rumors and myths have sprouted up about them.

The current Keziah has been here for about seven years, and like all the others she is kind and willing to help all in need. The people call her Talib, or mystic woman, and often come to her for cures and blessings which she is to happy to give. She doesn’t charge money to those who are poor, but will take the odd gift from them, or whatever they are willing or able to give. Most people only know Keziah as Talib, a simple Mystic woman. To the rulers of Tsila, such as the King of the Thieves and the Slave Trade King, she is known as a The Snake Sorceress, a beautiful woman who will help them for a price, but whose help can sometimes be deadly.

Keziah’s past is unknown to many, but one of the Myths say she used to be the Advisor to a King in another country. She served the King faithfully, and as he prospered so did she. She fell in love, got married, and had children, and life was good. The King however lusted for Keziah, and desired her. He secretly had her family killed and made it look like the work of rebels.

Keziah was grief stricken, and the King offered what she needed, comfort. She laid with the King, and eventually they were married and had kids. Keziah’s heart was still troubled and she couldn’t find rest. She was happy, and loved her children and her husband the King, but she still longed for her dead family. In her pain the Sorceress prayed to the God of Death, Nazar, and begged him for revenge against her families murders. “Let them know the pain I have felt, may they lose everyone I love,” she prayed.

The God of Death heard her cries, and appeared to Keziah, offering her the ability to do what she craved. Nazar told Keziah that he would grant her the knowledge of who to kill, and that she would not be able to rest until the entire family line was destroyed. She agreed, and that night the God blessed her, and gave her a part of him. Then he showed her who was responsible for the Death of her family.

Keziah was heartbroken, and refused to take her revenge. The power of Nazar was not easily stopped however, and the god himself came down one night. He slaughtered Keziah’s children and husband, and simply said, “It is the revenge you prayed for.” In a rage Keziah attacked Nazar, and in their bitter battle the city was cast into ruins. Bitter and enraged, Keziah sought out all those related to the King, and all those who serve Nazar, seeking revenge for herself.

Years passed, and Keziah still lives. Descendants of the old King still live, and though she has searched, she has yet to kind them and thus cannot die. It is said she also searches for Nazar, and that if she ever finds him she will kill the god. As years passed she has settled in Tsila’s den, maybe hoping the Shadow Queen will have contact with the god of death… of course this is all a myth. Or course her body ages, so every thirty years, when Keziah turns fifty, she takes the body of someone younger… of course that is just a myth :)

She found Dewey a few years ago, and even though she was only just going to heal him and let him go, she noticed he had magic. Since then she has slowly begun to train the boy, fostering his blossoming powers, and caring for him like the sons she has lost…

Up For Love? maybe… not quite sure

Other: Well she has her King Cobra

Spoiler! :

______

AHHHHHH!!! I thought I had a couple of days till this started but here is my profile at least. School started this week, so mix that with work and... just give me till monday and I will be able to post!
Last edited by DSF6647 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 pm
Iggy says...

How would you like Iris to enter the scene Scar? Should she barge onto the Thief King's Lair, demanding to see the Princess?

About this interest in Amalia, could you PM me about that?
- Lewis Carroll

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm
ScarlettFire says...

However you like. I think she'd pop up, curious about why there's a Princess in the den.

And what interest in Amalia?

18 Reviews

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 am
DSF6647 says...

So... any ideas? Apple do you have any? I got a sorceress and an orphan here, anyone want to do something... hahaha I need ideas :)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:53 pm
SisterItaly says...

Neri and Vance want some action going on
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:34 pm
Iggy says...

Dude, why isn't anyone posting?
- Lewis Carroll

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:28 am
ScarlettFire says...

Because we're busy. I'm going to try and post very soon, but I have a bit to catch up on. Might take me a while.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31 am
Iggy says...

Was my post okay?
- Lewis Carroll

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 am
ScarlettFire says...

Yeah, it was good. I'm still trying to work out how my characters are going to react to that.

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack