Young Writers Society

What the Emperor Doesn't Know DT

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Okays. Well, in terms of the Great Rein Rescue:

I suppose it all depends on how much of a risk you'd like to put on Asha. If you'd like low-risk, maybe she could find Maura somewhere outside the castle and help her get in/give her instructions of where she may be able to find Rein. If you'd like a higher risk, they could go in together or Asha could bring Rein out to Maura (though Maura'd really like to kick some royal butt saving Rein xD).

Also, are we still thinking we'd like Maura to push Emperor off a balcony? xD I know that was mentioned as a possibility earlier, and he's conveniently on a balcony as we speak. >:]
Got YWS?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:21 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

It'd be cool if Maura could bust up in the scene when the emperor is just about to kill Little-Miss Empress. So she ends up 1.) saving Rein, 2.) saving Kalle, and 3.) killing Devil Sr.

Basically, Maura gets to be a badass hero for a page or two. >:]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:54 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

I'm working on a Lein-post, I swear. It just.... hasn't gotten done yet. *nods*
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

384 Reviews

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:39 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

I'm totally double-posting again.

Because I have a question for all of you, which regards Lein.

Does everybody who is active on the SB know about the Lein-plot that will make people (or, at least THIS person) cry? Near the end of the SB? (if you do, shhhhhh. I like explaining this to people because of their reactions)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:25 pm
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

I totally know about it.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

I know about *a* Lein plot, but probably not the one you're talking about. xD

But also, I'm working on a Maura post I promise! I just don't quite have time to finish it up yet. I'll get on it asap though!

HURRY UP! Take your time, because I totally took ages upon ages with that last Lein/Asha/Essy post. <3

And... the SAD ONE. xD That I'm pretty sure--- yeah, you know about it. I think I told you in chat once. *nods*
Got YWS?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okaaay. What're we doing/where is everyone's characters? Isha, can you set it out straight here so that I half-know what I'm doing when I post later?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:55 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Alright. So.

I have to post a post in which Asha rambles about Rein to Maura.

Maura will then go out looking for Rein and spot Emperor-Boy on the way, on the balcony, which is when he gets shoved off.

Asha's going to go off immediately and hunt down Princey, and then distract him (probably by telling him that there are people requesting and audience with him in the far courtyards). Maura then finds Rein, and gets him into the tunnels, and I seriously doubt that Asha will be able to get back down there that soon.

So that's the Rein-story. Princey gets to be ticked off when he comes back to his room and finds the poor man missing.

As four Lein- currently, he's asking around about the whereabouts of Lou, and being clever about it. He's going to go to Darren's mansion after overhearing a few guards talking about Darren's new slave-boy, and then there will be a beautiful bartering scene, followed by Lein getting Lou back to the tunnels and seeing Rein and being all like: O.o EIDONIAS HELP ME.

Yeah.
Pleasant ordeal.

The twins and Blake are eating breakfast, and Kayla is Eidonias-knows-where. (maybe someone should take her over? Lein needs his granddaughter. xD)

AND YEAH.

That's what goes down.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:03 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Thank you! So I need to focus on Princey being all distracted and annoyed because people (Asha, namely) keep telling him lies? Oooooh, he's not gonna like that. At all.

Also. Just you wait until he sees Daddy Dearest...all, well, dead and stuff. He's going to be a little...conflicted. *ponders* Hmm, now. How am I going to do this? I think I shall wait for people to post. *nods* In the meantime, plotting!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed May 16, 2012 6:52 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

*sneaks in all sneaky-like* *again*

Name: Leyanna ("Leya")
Gender F
For or Against: For the resistance!
Rank/Title/Occupation [ex-]Slave

Appearance: (Written is mandatory, picture is optional. Put the picture in a spoiler if you have it. No emo/scene (keep in mind the time period). Anime is allowed) Leyanna has long, straight, and fair blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and a young face. She’s thin and fairly tall thanks to her rather long legs. Don’t rely on the picture for fashion since it’s outdated. Leya wears a dress of poor material with a cloth belt around her waist, though personally, she’s hoping for one of those pretty summer dresses the pretty women wear. She has scars that a sharp eye can spot just about anywhere on her body, but mostly on her back. She also wears a crafted bracelet she made herself. Around her neck is a simple necklace she made with her mother’s ring dangling from it.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Leyanna is quiet and very independent. She wants more than anything to trust someone, but she's also learned to be very cautious around strangers. She's very protective of her little brother and would do anything to make sure they never get separated. Leya has a quick temper about her when it comes to the defense of her loved ones or violation of their rights, but she's very, very good at obeying the rules. Sometimes, she's referred to as bossy. Leya's also afraid of being wrong since she's aware of the consequences which typically follow, and yet, she'd take the hit for others if only to not see anyone else suffer.

tl;dr -- independent, protective, cautious, bossy, quick to sacrifice for the good of others, critical

Flaws/Weaknesses She's a bit slow and has to consider all her options before making a decision. She doesn't rely on others, but she does miss having parents. Leya loves her brother more than anything, but she hates seeing other people get hurt, and her gut instinct is to take the hit. She believes that there is always someone better than her, putting herself down quite a lot, but she keeps on fighting to defend those people.

History: (Yes, you have to fill this out, an no, you can not have your character forgetting. What happens before yor character lost his/her memory? At the very least two five-lined paragraphs) Leya and her brother Isaac were initially brought up in a well-off family. Unknown to her, her father was a politician who spoke out for the resistance. This brought on the ultimate demise of Leya's parents. Her father was murdered before her eyes, and her mother was stolen away from them never to be seen again.

The siblings were sent to a slave market and from then on, they've worked with two slave masters. Their first was a rare slave master -- a kind man who wanted some children as playmates for his own kids -- but this man was eventually murdered as well for his political stance. The two (as well as some extra company from that family) were sent back to the market.

The second slave master was remarkably worse. They were beaten and mistreated. One tiny false move sent them to the whipping block out back. After two months, an elderly slave man took the blame for Leya's mistake of breaking a mug. Leya made her first sacrifice, admitting to the truth and taking the man's place on the block. But that man had taught her the lesson of sacrifice, and ever since, she's taken the blame for any mistakes the old man made as well until he passed away.

Leya protected her brother since their parents passed away. She knew Isaac had no recollection of her parents, but Leya retained her memories through her mother's ring around her neck. She told Isaac bedtime stories of their parents -- a lot of times, they ended up being fantasies or unfulfilled promises, but they helped Isaac sleep at night.

The slave master noticed Leya's weak stature after years of enslavement and taking the punishments for fellow slaves. He sent her back to the slave market, but she refused to leave without her brother. After much resistance, the slave master sent them both back to the market. From their, dear Lein took them in as his own. They have been happy ever since, and Leya's learned to trust Lein like a father. Or grandfather?

Up For Love: Um. She's 13. xD So no, but talk to me if you're inspired with some sort of interesting plot since she's on the line of young love / adolescence / puberty.

Other: Leya loves to craft, hence all the jewelry crafting that's referred to in her profile.

----

Name: Isaac
Gender M
For or Against: For the resistance!
Rank/Title/Occupation [ex-]Slave

Appearance: Isaac has short, dark blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. He's still pretty short, but his sister constantly tells him of how tall his daddy was, and he looks forward to being tall one day! At this point of the story, he's a bit thin. He wears a makeshift bracelet from his sister.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Outside his slave nature, Isaac is an extremely friendly and lovable boy. He could talk to just about anyone and always wants to play a game or do something with people. Isaac's a bit clumsy, but this is mostly due to his hyperactive nature as a young boy. A parent would say to send him outside to burn off some energy. As a slave, Isaac was extremely timid and hid behind his sister most of the time. He would make cute gestures toward the nicer people of his slave home, but otherwise, he knows full-well that he couldn't do anything without his sister watching his back.

Flaws/Weaknesses Isaac's greatest fear is being separated from his sister. She's the only bit of family he's ever really had, since his parents died when he was four (she was seven). Now that Isaac lives with Lein, he's overly-friendly and ignorant, trusting just about anyone now that he lives in the tunnels with the resistance. Sssso he could get into some trouble with that. And as aforementioned, he's spunky and clumsy, known for getting into trouble with his childish shenanigans.

History: Isaac remembers very little about his parents. He only remembers his mother's agonizing voice as she was carried away. Her voice still haunts his nightmares -- in fact, nightmares of this event are a regular occurrence and constantly wake him up at night. He doesn't usually realize he's awake until he notices his sister is rocking him back into reality and eventually into unconsciousness.

This was rambled on before, but Isaac was extremely timid as a slave. The wife or children were usually calmer than the master, and he would therefore offer a token of peace such as harmless flowers he picked out or an extra bread roll for dinner. He made more of an effort with fellow slaves, of course. He even learned to smile and be a quiet version of himself around them. His favorite slave memory, if one could have those, would be playing card games with that old slave man. They called him Pappy.

But now that they live with Lein, Isaac's mind blocked off all the slave memories. His childish ignorance convinces him to move on and start over with Lein, Leya, Blake, and the rest of the resistance. Leya's also been a little more like herself though she still seemed to be a bit rigid. Isaac continues to get the awful nightmares, and only Leya still comes to his rescue as usual. As far as he knows, no one else in the house knows about the nightmares...

Up For Love: He's ten. No. xD

Other: Nope!
I make my own policies.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

guys. guys guys guys. can we just take a minute

and mourn maura's leg

I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack