z

Young Writers Society

The 56th Hunger Games DT

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 am
Iggy says...

Here is where we decide who dies by whom, and just to discuss the SB.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:28 pm
Dragonette says...

Well, honestly, I think it would be fun if we started the SB at the Capitol.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:45 am
LittlePrincess says...

I agree, or we could each do a little blurb about being chosen or something. Just an idea ^^

Also, can I have 2 characters (like both tributes from district 8 ) or should I stick with one?
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 am
Iggy says...

Starting at the Capitol is difficult, with the training, interviews, costume designs. We'll see if we get more people to join (BRODCAST IT, PEOPLE!) and we'll vote on it. You do realise that you have to design a costume, stage a interview with Cornelius(his name escapes my tired mind, my apologies), and all that jazz? You lot will have to post a loooonnnnggg post each time you post.

Two is fine.
- Lewis Carroll

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:23 pm
Betheny says...

Hello there people, just bobbed in to say hi. Just wondering if I'm allowed to keep the wolf, pwity pwease :|
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:40 pm
Cailey says...

Cesar Flickerman. :) And, I agree it would be kind of confusing to get the whole inverview and all. But when you're in the arena your character can always have flashbacks if you want to explain. Or if you make an alliance you can tell your ally about it.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:24 am
cannoncomplex says...

So about this death thing, shoudl we do it randomly or should we agree on who's going to die. If the latter is the case, then how can we settle on who's the winner: their main purpose, personality, favouritism or relationships.

Though random death list is the easiest, i would prefer the latter since we can decide partnerships, alliance and betrayals on the actual games.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:31 am
Iggy says...

What I planned on doing was voting and/or volunteering. See, I will make this SB last for as long as I can. We can kill off the unfilled character slots, randomly choosing names and appearances for them. But when it's down to just us? Someone needs to volunteer to die every day. Or I will create a poll and we'll anonymously vote.

Speaking of votes, now it's time to vote. Should we start from the arena or from the very beginning, when you are chosen as a tribute? Bet in mind that you will have to describe your performance outfits, names for your stylist and crew (District 11 does NOT have Cinna, by the way), and all that jazz. So, yeah. Vote.
- Lewis Carroll

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:47 am
cannoncomplex says...

I decide beginning of the tournament...what really made me like hunger games was the actual deathmatch on how each player contested each other for survival. By starting at the games, there will be a suspense buildup and plot going ahead rather than talk about the process before the game. the process itself takes a lot with interviews, costume, and training, that by the time we reach the actual games, there won't be that suspense mood as much if we started at the games itself.

I agree with Cailey that we can use flashbacks simply because we can't all be focused on killing each other. If a person is sent to a deathmatch, like a galdiator, he would be thinking why on earth did he end up like this, and what's the whole point, why me, how will I die? All these thinking will be filled inside the character's mind as they each struggle to survive. Added with the flashback, you get a win-win situation: the suspense build-up of the games + the flashback and the thinking of each character.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

28 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:27 pm
Betheny says...

My vote is that we start on the first day, having flash backs as to why we're here.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 pm
Cailey says...

Yeah, I vote for beginning of the tournament. Also, I don't mind if my character dies off pretty quickly, though not in the cornucopia bloodbath. Still, I will volunteer to be a beginning death.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

28 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 pm
Betheny says...

Not too fussed as to when I die, so long as Greer goes to a good home.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:01 am
EnchantedPanda says...

I'm not to fussed about where we start either but we do need to begin somewhere that isn't too hard and somewhere that will make it easy for us to actually tell the story. So wherever you guys want to start, that's where we will start! I do think we need to start getting things moving though because so far we haven't done an awful lot on the story and I am super excited for when it does start!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:32 pm
Iggy says...

It's dcided! We will enter the arena and have flashbacks. We will start on Monday.
- Lewis Carroll

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare