z

Young Writers Society

Half-Sight

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:47 pm
eldEr says...

Well, obviously this is for the SB, Half-Sight, and since I fail at making DT-main-posts, I'll tell you the exact same thing that everybody else does:

Here is where you can plot, ask questions, post little fore-shadowing hints or reveal plot-twists.

Use it wisely. >:[

(This is also a good "when are we starting/I'm lost, where's my character/I'm leaving, so somebody take care of my character while I'm gone, I'll be back on _____" place)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 am
sylverdawn says...

Hey, is anyone going to post on the storybook?
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm
Synnoev says...

I just posted, sylver :)

384 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:49 pm
eldEr says...

I just thought that I'd throw in a little about Elodie here. xD

Number one, if anybody asks her where she's from, who she's married to... anything about her past situation, she'll say that her husband's dead and won't elaborate any further on it. She also won't state her last name, and if you push for it, she'll change the subject.

Juuust so you all know. :P
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 pm
Kelcia says...

Hello, all! Isha said I could join, so here I am! I just figured that it would be best to put my profile in the DT though. :D
---

Name: Jenna Train

Abilities: She can hear Half-Sights, otherwise, N/A

Appearance: She’s 5 feet 4 inches tall, 5 feet 5 inches if in her ‘sensibly formal’ shoes. She usually wears a sensible black dress, with tight sleeves and a button down collar so as not to get in the way. It acutally looks almost school-teacher-y. She has neat brown hair, the majority of which is pulled back in bun on the base of her skull, saving the long bangs that frame either side of her heart-shaped face. When her hair is down, it reaches just past her shoulder blades. Her eyes are grey, like those of a blind person (there’s a reason for that...). Smatterings of light freckles are across her cheekbones, which are usually pink with sunburn anyway. She also has three vague, indistinct lines running down each cheak. Underneath the lines, sunburn and freckles, though, she’s very, very pale, possibly because of stress early in her life. Her hands are strong, working hands, but strangely enough, criss-crossed with scars.

History:
Spoiler! :
Jenna was born blind. It wasn’t dramatic, or mysterious. She was just born blind. End of story. Her parents were dismayed at first. They’d had three surviving children before Jenna, and they were fine and healthy kids. So it was a puzzle why Jenna couldn’t see. But her parents were sensible folk, and found work for her to do. She memorized the paths to the chicken coop, the barns, the pastures, and the pens, where she was able to aid in simple tasks. She was also set to work in the kitchens, carefully chopping or stirring whatever the cook set in front of her. At first, she was clumsy and unsure, frequently resulting in the knife slipping, or burning herself, or receiving a bruise from running into something. But as she grew up, she memorized the estate and its hustle and bustle. By the time she was eleven, she knew every last scrap of the place by heart. People even occasionally forgot she was blind, so accurate was her hearing, and so deft her knowledge of the mansion.

But she was blind. It wouldn’t do to forget it. If a new table is put in the wrong place, for example, she would walk into it, if not warned. And she can’t work in the kitchen by herself: there are too many things moving, and going on. She sits in a corner and chops, and that works fine.

Until she was eight, she grew up in total darkness. She didn’t know what it was like to see, and so it didn’t bother her much that she couldn’t. She thought everyone went around in the blackness. But then a Half-Sight decided to show her the world, and briefly sent her an illusion, displaying the mansion, and people around her, from the point of view of her non-working eyes. She was in the middle of feeding the chickens at the time. All of a sudden she screamed, dropping the bag of feed she had been holding, and clawed at her eyes, leaving deep, scarring furrows down her cheeks. The Half-Sight immediately realized what he (or she, Jenna doesn’t know who it was) had done, and yanked the illusion back. But the damage was done. The servants found her, curled in a little ball on the dirt, sobbing hysterically, pressing at her bleeding cheeks. “It was so bright,” she kept sobbing. “How could it be so bright?” This incident has scarred her forever, and not just her cheeks. She still dreams about that second of light and color, and wakes up in a cold sweat.

Personality:
Spoiler! :
Jenna realized, eventually, that she was different, and that not everyone grew up in the blackness. And, as human nature will, that made her rather jealous of those who knew exactly what the word ‘color’ meant. Sometimes, though not very often, she thinks wistfully of what it must be like, to see something, and to know someone by sight. But then she remembers the Illusion, and decides that, overall, she’s better off without it. She is sensible, has very good hearing, and a wonderful physical memory. She’s also very good at recognising voices. However, she is also quite cynical about life in general.

For example, if someone says, “Ooh, look at that!” She’ll crane her head in the general direction the person is speaking towards, sniff, shrug, and say, “Hmph. I really can’t see what you’re on about.” She’s a lonely soul, and tells people she prefers it that way. Really, though, she just wants to feel like she’s not alone in the darkness. She’ll only admit this to herself, though, and even then, scolds herself for being soppy.

Up For Love: Yes, definitely. She pretends no one gets to her, but they do.

Other: For those of you who didn't read the History section, Jenna is blind. Also, well, it probably doesn’t matter, but I imagine her with a slight London accent. Just so you know.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

24 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 pm
Kelcia says...

So... Heya all. Does anyone have any mind-numbingly awesome plot ideas? Or, you know, even a few mutant plot bunnies on hand?
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

384 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:48 pm
eldEr says...

Well, one really crazy one is that Lawrence can find Elodie, and accuse her of being absolutely bonkers. (She will not like this much, but I haven't told her yet.)

Of course, that one would probably have to wait till a bit later on in the SB.

We could also skip a day or two, and go into the Half-Sights having a really, really bad day for attacks. Which would leave the mansion and probably a few members of the household a complete distaster and scare the heck out of the non-seers (especially Elodie- she isn't used to this at all xD). Daila might be feeling a bit better by then, too... and she's probably been moved to a different room for safety reasons.

Anybody got anything else? xP
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 pm
Kelcia says...

Sounds like fun!... But you know me, I love terrifying my characters.

We need to get them all together somehow, and the whole attack thing seems like a good way to do that.

By the way, what is causing the Half-sights attacks? Or is it a secret? :O
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

384 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:58 am
eldEr says...

It's a secret. ;D For now, anyways.
Also, feel free to make up your own theories... if I like those ones better, I'll change things. xD

(Terrifying characters is awesome)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:32 pm
Kelcia says...

Okay, Isha, you keep your little secrets. ;)

So, how're we going to start the attacks bit? Maybe you could, seeing as you have a Half-sight character.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

24 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm
Kelcia says...

Or, you know, I could give it a go...
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

384 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:58 pm
eldEr says...

Sorry, I was gone. >.< You can post if you want to? I may have some plotting to do with somebody before I can post.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:00 pm
Kelcia says...

Will do. It should be up in the next few hours. :)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

384 Reviews

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:02 am
eldEr says...

I might have to wait till the 17th to post. O.o The person I need to plot with is away until then.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 pm
Kelcia says...

Will do. :)
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson