z

Young Writers Society

Epic World (discussion)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 am
Ray112 says...

OKay there seems to be a lot of confusion. So i'll try to clean it up the best I can.
My first idea was that we'd receive the dragons as eggs but Forsakin and Untameable helped me come up with an even better idea.

The Kneeling ceremony. This is the second idea. In this ritual we're all taken through a cave with a tunnel that leads to the peak of table top mountain. Looks kinda like this:

Spoiler! :

First and second day of kneeling
Spoiler! :
The instructor then explains that in order to get your dragon you must earn the right to fly him. The dragon chooses the rider not the other way around. So what you have to do is walk out on to the rocks and bow. The dragons will start flying circles in the sky above you like crows eying their next meal. You continue to bow until their's only one dragon left in the sky. That'll be the dragon that chooses you. When the dragon lands on the table top it'll look you in the eye. You can't look away if you do it shows a sign of weakness and the dragon will attack if you don't the dragon will eventually kneel and accept you as its rider. This part of the ritual takes up to two days with four cadets performing it on the first day and the last four performing it on the second day.

Third day: Naming ceremony
Spoiler! :
On the Third day all of the cadets return to table top mountain on the night of the new moon where we'll conduct the naming ceremony. A bon fire will be lit on the table top and all of the students will each take turns going to the ledge where their chosen dragons will kneel before them. This time you must touch your dragons on the top of their heads just between the ears(or horns if the have horns). The instructor will give you an enchantment to say to summon the magic of bonding. A rune will burn on your hand matching the rune on the dragon's forehead. These Runes are called (can you guess?!) Runes of Brendor named after the first dragon to form a bond with a rider. Once the rune is complete the dragon will tell you its name.

So I hope that answer's all the questions.
Last edited by Ray112 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Insert life changing statement"

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:42 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

So... are we just going to try and restart from landing? And if so, do we just delete our posts, our super-ultra-edit?
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:46 am
Ray112 says...

I'd say we start from landing and possibly delete our posts cause i mean everyone was pretty confused.

unless we ignore all of those other posts entirely and just keep going.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:54 am
ForsakenAngel says...

LOL, I really liked the nom nom idea and the blind dragon...but OK! JK. It was funny, but this is so much cooler than "I hate you...die!" then you fall off the cliff! ^_^
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:58 am
untameabletiger says...

Tabitha(sakin)- haha i liked those to.

we should delete our old posts, and start from getting off of the ship.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 am
Pundit says...

But leave the other profiles. :wink:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:06 am
ScarlettFire says...

Back to my post, the one before my last one? It was the last one to make enough sense...
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:29 am
Ray112 says...

yeah just move your post *the one before the non-sense* to the new thread.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:29 am
ScarlettFire says...

Thanks.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:33 pm
Pundit says...

are the older kids going to be watching?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:56 am
Ray112 says...

yeah sure! But it'd have to be somewhere the younger kids can't notice. Like maybe in the great hall of the academy or something. I suggest we just focus on the cadets and handle that other business when they finally reach it.

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:25 am
Ray112 says...

Profile owner: ninjacookiemonster

Name: Blake Kiano/ Rubia (red)

Appearance:Blonde hair, black eyes, slim and tall.
Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Mantius

Personality: Tough, sharp, impatient. Blake is harsh and resilient, and knows her limits.

Class set: Magi- she already knows all she needs to know about fighting.

Skills: fighting, good with blades, flying on Rubia, sailing (it's in her blood), strong and fast.

Weaknesses: weak spot on her left hip, a touch arrogant, harsh, gets dizzy randomly, doesn't eat enough.

Up for love?: Yep.

Other: Has never gotten sick. EVER

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 am
Ray112 says...

Profile Owner: Scarlett
Name: Jocasta Redwolf / Shiva (Bronze)

Appearance: Jocasta is tall for a 13-year-old and has red hair and grey-green eyes. She is always seen limping and has a scar that runs down the back of her right thigh.

Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Aronim.

Personality: Jocasta isn't shy, but she's not confident which often leads you to wonder why she's so quiet. Thoughtful, smart and quick thinking, Jocasta seems shy and people often think she's stupid, but she's just biding her time. She's stealthy and, despite her limp, moves around quietly when she wants to. Watch your back, Jocasta might just put a dagger in it. She can't be trusted at all.

Class set: Warrior.

Skills: She's not fast, but she can throw daggers and use a bow (Ranged combat). Flying; she loves to fly. Take her dragon away and she'll be practically useless.

Weaknesses: Magic; she's hopeless at it, unless it's dragon magic. Jocasta has a limp-something heavy was dropped on her right thigh when she was younger. Jocasta is hopeless in close combat; her strengths lies in ranged combat. Her dragon; kill or hurt Shiva and both would suffer. Kill Jocasta and both would die.

Up for love? Sure, why not.

Other: Jocasta's nickname is "Cat". Can only keep a secret if she benefits from it.

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:34 am
Ray112 says...

Profile owner: Forsakin

Name: Kassie/Tarrion (Black)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Kingdom: Aymir

Personality: She isn't shy, she's very energetic, but she doesn't talk too much. She's friendly, but smarter than she looks, so she is often taken for granted. She's not fond of those people, and she loves to prove people wrong. She's athletic, and she's usually hyper. She's also very competitive but she doesn't like to show off--not to be mistaken for proving people wrong.

Class set: Warrior

Skills: Fighting, playing the violin and piano, singing, and drawing.

Weaknesses: being mysterious, though she can keep secrets

Up for love?: Of course

Other: She always wears this around her ankle (:It's an ankle locket by the way:) :
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Ray112 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:35 am
Ray112 says...

edit.
Last edited by Ray112 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb