z

Young Writers Society

A.P.O.S.F. DT

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri May 28, 2010 4:18 am
Maybe says...

By Lethero's request, I'm claiming that second character.

Name:
Quinn Jenkins

Height:
5’ 6”

Conventional Weapon:
Knife, Handgun

Supernatural Ability:
Rage Magic that she is in strict control of. It comes in three stages:
-Calm: Small kinetic power. She can push/pull someone, but she cannot throw them.
-Ticked: Strong kinetic power. She’s able to throw enemies away from her for short distances.
-Full Rage: Gravity increases around her. Extremely destructive magic. She can throw someone up to a mile away.

Description – Appearance:
Quinn has medium length, wavy blond hair with natural brown highlights. Her eyes are a bright blue, and she has a light smattering of freckles across her cheeks. She’s pretty, with soft features and a kind smile. Her skin is tanned and she normally wears whatever is comfortable and efficient for the day.

Description – Personality:
Quinn is an up-front kind of girl. She says whatever she wants and does whatever she wants and only spares a thought for the consequences. She’s strong-willed and bold, and isn’t afraid of speaking her mind and/or telling the truth. She’s got a kind heart though, and will normally go out of her way to help someone. She has a nasty temper when it shows, and isn’t quick to cool down.

History:
Quinn was born to a middle-class family. Her mother and father were very loving towards her and her younger brother, Aaron. When she was fifteen, and Aaron was nine, they moved out to New Mexico from the East Coast. Quinn and her brother would often go exploring in the deserts surrounding their town, usually for hours at a time. After a year of living in New Mexico, the two came across a strange abandoned building. They entered it and found the secret underground gathering place of the Blood Cult. When they were discovered, it was a unanimous decision by all present that the two children should never be allowed to leave because of the secret they had unknowingly unearthed, and the easiest way to remedy that was to simply sacrifice them. Aaron went first. It was then that Quinn discovered her power in her rage and sadness for what had been done to her brother, and killed a great number of the gathered before fleeing back to the desert. The whole incident was later passed off as an accident, as Aaron’s body was never found, and Quinn has done everything in her power to rid herself of these memories, though they still visit her in the form of nightmares. Ever since Aaron’s death, she has secretly harbored a great desire for revenge.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

116 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 am
View Likes
Maybe says...

Lethero wrote:Recap of what has happened so far. I will do this every so often so people don't fall behind. If anyone wishes to add on to what I say, feel free to.

Events:
1. An APOSF unit of 11 supernatural warriors landed in the desert following a demon attack on the President of the USA
2. They walk through the desert till they come across a small building that Wright sees in her vision.
3. When the team arrives at the building they are attacked by a flying demon. Lethero yells at everyone to get in the building while he battles the demon in Lycan form.
4. Lethero injures demon, but the demon heals and flies away.
5. They go into the building and tear out boards in a stairwell that lead to a cavern where a portal to somehwere* is located.
6. In there, Lethero finds a bone which he hands to Nicarga, the blood mage to examine.
7. Nicarga has a vision of a blood who was ritually sacrificed on an altar to open the portal. Nicarga comes out of it crying.
8. Corry saw the vision with his ability and suspects that Nicarga is not telling the whole truth, especially about the man in the vision.

Those are the major points of what happened in the story.

Additions:

9. A creature, which turned out to be Quinn's long-dead (now zombie?) younger brother, burst from the floor and attacked the group. Mikayla ended up wounding it and it fled.
10. Mikayla became blind from the attack, but can still see the sparks of people and demons. Miles has a broken arm, and everyone else has mild cuts and bruises if anything.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 pm
Lethero says...

Give me some ideas what you think the newspaper to say. Right now I have a headache, I'm tired, and don't feel like thinking.

Also Ladyofthedeathroses and sunstarfrozenlife, you both need to step up on the word count. I don't even have to check to tell you're not getting the 150 word minimum. If you're having trouble coming up with ideas for your post ask me, and I trust Durriedog and Maybe enough, so you can ask them as well.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat May 29, 2010 10:48 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

Either future or past date, I was thinking... (sorta like in 'heroes' if anyone watches that)?

Possibly if one of them is on the front page of the newspaper, leading the demons against the humans - this could lead to mistrust amongst the group and could be interesting. So future date if we go with that.

I'll volunteer to be that character unless someone else wants it/has a better idea. But then maybe she would be too obvious a choice as switching sides seems like something she would actually do (hence the idea won't faze her); another character might experience more self-doubt so it could be better that way. Opinions? :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

116 Reviews

Sat May 29, 2010 11:58 pm
Maybe says...

Lethero, I figured you had somewhere you were going with us landing in the middle of an abandoned city. I was going for something like kidashka was saying (I love Heroes), with a future or past date. Like some date that would clue us in to what the summoner/demons had planned (why they attacked the President of the US). So if we went for a past date, I'd suggest something along the lines of the official 'starting' date of a major war or the day something really odd or unexplainable or revolutionary happened (dropping of the first atomic bomb, first man in space, etc). If we were to go for a future date, we could do what kidashka suggested, or maybe have the date be December 21, 2012 (supposed day of the apocalypse) or something like that. Or just make up some random date and say, "Oh, hey, isn't that when ______ happened?" or "Oh, hey, is that what's going to happen?" pretty much like kidashka was saying. [/ramble]

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 am
Maybe says...

Okay, I think we need to figure out who's where and what everyone is doing. Feel free to correct me on this.

Carolyn (gsppcrocks10): ?
Saphire (Ladyofthedeathroses): Somewhere, attempting to disable the illusion.
Mikayla (Durriedog): Somewhere in the city, separated.
Miles (sunstarfrozenlife): In a building in the city, fighting demons.
Corry (Jenthura): With Lethero, looking for anything significant.
Jasmine (kidashka): With Lethero, keeping watch?
Jack (Maybe): In a building in the city, fighting demons.
Lethero (Lethero): Stayed behind at the HQ...?
Nicarga (Lethero): Somewhere, attempting to disable the illusion.
Jason (Ranger Hawk): ?
Quinn (Maybe): With Lethero, keeping watch?

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:50 pm
Jenthura says...

Alright, let's just say this one died. Pity, it was pretty good.
-ж-Ж-ж-

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.