z

Young Writers Society

Protectors

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Character profiles? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Plot ideas?

Please put it here...
:)
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 pm
kidashka says...

Please could I have a female with this power? 'Can paint the future; see an objects history by touching it'
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Wed May 19, 2010 11:39 pm
Day says...

*You never mentioned what age the people needed to be...
**Tell me if anything needs to be added or removed because I think he could use some more flaws just not sure what to put at this moment.

Name: Aron Swift

Appearance: A slightly muscular teen with brown hair that goes down to his eyebrows on the front and just to his neck on the back. His eyes are a hazel color that usually is near the brown of his hair, but sometimes he is told it looks more green. Mostly wears regular T-shirts and avoids designer clothing at all times.

Power: mind control; mind reading

Strengths: He is in shape, and can perform almost any physical task that he is given. An excellent team player who likes to follow a leader.

Flaws: Aron doesn't like heights at all and cannot stand to look over cliffs. Although he is a good team player he isn't much of a thinker and often leaves the job of coming up with ideas to others. Refuses to control the minds of others for unjust reasons.

Personality: A very easy going guy who usually has a positive attitude. Not much puts a damper on his happy and joking attitude, and he loves making friends with everyone. In a conversation he usually doesn't offer any ideas, but can keep people entertained.

Other: He is up for love.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

54 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 11:50 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Kidashka - Sure. I changed it up so it's still equal. :)

DayDreams - Sounds good! :) Only thing I suggest (it's my fault for not putting it in there) is how good are his powers? Is he good at controlling them or very bad...so on. Put it under strengths or flaws, depending.

Glad you're interested! I'll put up my profile soon! :D
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed May 19, 2010 11:52 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

... Hey Tiger, can I play the tech whisperer, but as a girl?
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

54 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 11:57 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Crocky - Sure! :D But only because I switched it so Kidashka could have a female who could paint the future. xD The techy was orginally a female.

Okay, I might take a few more requests like that, but eventually it won't keep working. Try to take the character as it is, guys. :) I can't keep switching it to females. Now if you wanted a male with a power a female has, that would be fine.

Thanks!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu May 20, 2010 12:04 am
Sapi says...

Can I be the little sister of some main character who always noses around her brother/sister's business and eventually finds out what's going on? Also, have you got any ideas for the plot yet? If not, I suggest something magic-related so that normal people don't notice anything happening until the end.

Blue
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

54 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 12:08 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Blue - Maybe. I want to get all the spaces filled of the main characters, but you can have a sibling as a minor character, if you want.

Also, for the plot, I agree. I was having a hard time explaining everything in such a short space. xD But, yes, they are supposed to keep their powers (as well as the other world containing the creatures in it!) a secret from all the normal humans. Even their familes can't know.

So they are training and, typically, are greeted by a few Pixies who warn them that it's time to start defending their Earth. Whoo! lol

100 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 12:08 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

:D

Name: Amelia Johnson
Appearance: Blonde hair that's in a slightly grown out pixie cut. She has blue eyes and relatively pale skin. She's a paraplegic, meaning that she's paralyzed from the waist down. She broke her back in a nasty fall while roller skating. She's confined to a wheelchair. If she was able to stand she'd be around 5 '2.
Power: Can 'speak' with technology and make it do what she wants; almost super intelligent. She can control them almost flawlessly, but sometimes it will backfire and either blow up, or do the exact opposite of what she tells it to do.
Strengths: A good listener and likes to think things through before acting, especially after the accident. She's very intelligent and somewhat crafty. Her arms are very strong due to wheeling herself around.
Flaws: Tends to think things through a little too much. She's overconfident when it comes to games of intelligence, and will pit a lot of odds on them. She's sarcastic at times and occasionally gets rather egotistical. She can hurt people's feelings without meaning to. If her paraplegic-ness counts as a flaw, then that's in here too.
Personality: Friendly most of the time, but will become egotistical at times. She'll hurt people's feelings without realizing it, and will normally try to make amends if she does. She hates having to look up at people, even though she was relatively short before her accident. She goes off if someone makes fun of the fact that she can't walk.
Other: Up for love.
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

54 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 12:11 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Awesome profiles guys! :D You're both approved.

Well, could you put a little more about their powers and how well they can control it? Other than that, your both good! :D

Also, I forgot to answer another question:
Ages are from 15 - 19
:D Glad there is interest!

100 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 12:16 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Edited. Good now?

54 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 12:29 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Perfect! :D

54 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 1:44 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

By the way, now that I've approved your profile you can post it in the actual thread now. :D

I only want to see it here first so that way only the serious characters are actually on the thread, you know?

My profile will be up soon. Trust me, I have it ready, but my mom is being a jerk. xD

((And just so it's fair, I'm posting my profile up here first too, to get approved by one or two of you guys))

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri May 21, 2010 1:47 am
Dragonet says...

I think I'll join, I'll post my profile later. Don't feel like you have to wait for me to start though.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

54 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2010 10:35 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Name: April Green

Appearance: She has golden blonde hair and forest green eyes. She has clear, tan skin and a thin face. She's short and too skinny. She looks almost frail and not at all physically able.

http://www.aaa-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Arielle-Kebbel-long-curly-hairstyle.jpg

Power: Conjuring - the ability to create things out of thin air.

Personality: She's sarcastic and bitter. She has an almost morbid sense of humor and looks down on the world. April lives in a foster home with five other kids, all younger then her. She is stuck with baby sitting and she can't stand it. Although, when she loosens up, she's pretty fun. However, most people only hear her sarcastic and uncaring attitude.

Strengths: She is a force to be messed with. If you make her mad, you'll regret it because she will stop at nothing to get back at you. She is a fighter, not a lover. xD She has a fair amount of control over her power, although when it goes wrong she tries much harder to practice it to be perfect. She's very determined and ambitious.

Flaws: She's weak, physically. She's out of shape and, although many of the others work not only on their powers but on being physically fit, April doesn't. Just works on her powers. She also can't control her powers in stressful situations. She has difficulty concentrating, especially if she's worried. April is bitter and selfish. She's had to share her whole life because she lives in a foster home. She hates that and she has a low tolerance for kids and crying. She loves sarcasism but doesn't know when it's not needed. She's made jealous very easily.

Other: She's actually a good person (she really wants to be a good person) and yes, she's up for love....

If you can stand her. xD

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same.
— Kurt Cobain