z

Young Writers Society

Children of Hades DT

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun May 16, 2010 10:15 pm
View Likes
TexanWriter says...

Here's the discussion thread. Plan plot and all that good stuff, you know what this is for. Any questions?
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Posted. Muhahaha
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

88 Reviews

Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 pm
TexanWriter says...

Jemjive PMed me a good question, so I'm posting it and my answer.

jemjive wrote:Also who exactly is Hades in this story? Is he the devil? I have read a few stories where Hades is different.

Well, he's not the devil, I can tell you that much. I was thinking that he was more like the Grim Reaper. Way back when there were fewer people in the world, and so fewer deaths, he was the head honcho psychopomp. Now he has us little minion psychopomps, so he only meets up with the people who died before their time and asks them if they want to work for him. If not, he leads them to heaven or hell, or the underworld (I'm not going into detail there because that stuff is purely religious).

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu May 20, 2010 3:09 pm
kidashka says...

Hey, I had a bit of a brainwave - could my character be, like, the dad of another character??

That might sound a bit wierd, so let me explain: he would have died after his son/daughter was born (they would have been around 1/2 years old), and left because he didn't want them realising that their dad clearly wasn't aging and was also dead.

Only problem with this is that I still want him to be super-old-fashioned in his way of thinking (so still dying around 1920) but no-one else's characters were born long enough ago for this idea to work.

Basically I'm asking if anyone agrees with this idea, then they could change the year their character was born in, and we could have some kind of twisted family thing going on :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

88 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm
TexanWriter says...

I'd love to raise my hand for this one since I have no cool plot lined up for my character and my personality doesn't rely on when I was born, but if someone else wants to I'll back away.

And I know I need to post, but I'm actually supposed to be cleaning my room right now.

-Albert Einstein

88 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm
TexanWriter says...

kidashka wrote:*What is the black shadow thing?*

I dunno. Our teleporter, I guess. We travel from wherever we are to our next dying person by teleporting through shadows, like Nico in the Percy Jackson series, or Silhouette in DC comics.

A quote from Wikipedia:
Thanks to her genetic heritage developed through many generations of selective breeding, Silhouette has the ability to teleport herself over short distances on Earth by traveling through the Darkforce dimension. She can "melt" into any shadow or area of darkness, thus entereing the Darkforce dimension, and then reemerge on Earth through another shadow or area of darkness

Just like this, only 1. there isn’t another dimension we travel through, and 2. we don’t get to choose where we go. I’m not sure what you’re confused about.

-Albert Einstein

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun May 23, 2010 9:08 pm
kidashka says...

I didn't know if it was summoning her, or another person arriving :smt003

Though now it's more obvious - she was being summoned?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

88 Reviews

Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 pm
TexanWriter says...

It was either summoning Gwynn of Nathaniel, I figured you could take it either way.

-Albert Einstein

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat May 29, 2010 5:18 pm
View Likes
jemjive says...

Someone save the SB! No one has posted in forever.
Your motor's unstable,
Your like an
Undwinding
Cable
Car

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris