z

Young Writers Society

Symbiote DT

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu May 06, 2010 9:43 pm
kidashka says...

Symbiosis [noun] :
A close, prolonged association between two or more different organisms of different species that may, but does not necessarily, benefit each member.

It is the year 4075. 300 years ago, Earth was met by a small colony of a dying race - the Shay'la.

The Shay'la are a symbiotic race that cannot live without a host - in this case, a human.
In exchange for the planet's help in providing hosts, the Shay'la offered unimaginable technological advances, and all of their species' vast knowledge.

Naturally, the deal was made.

Now, at the age of 18, it is compulsory to have one of the Shay'la 'share' your body - essentially through an injection- and the rest of your life is lived with the other entity. [If anyone has seen Stargate SG-1, this is like the Goa'uld.] They inhabit your brain, sort of like a consciousness thing, and can occasionally take over the body for a limited time. However they also provide enhanced strength and senses to a normal person, and most humans get on well with their symbiote.

300 years since the treaty, this is viewed by most people as a normal practise.

However, there is also a rebel faction growing.

YOU CHOOSE - FOR, OR AGAINST? (Try to keep things even)

Empire:
You benefit from the cohabitation and are essentially a normal citizen. The Shay'la give these people enhanced skills and intelligence. These humans seek to maintain a stable planet ie. stop the rebels gaining in strength. [These characters will have a symbiote!]
Rebel: You are against the cohabitation, believing it to be against human rights. However they must hide, living in secret so it is not discovered they do not have a symbiote. Seek to overthrow the Empire. [These characters will not have a symbiote.]
[NB: Neither side is good or bad as such :D ]

Human Profiles
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Over 18 please.
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Rebel/Empire[/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] NB: NOT POWERS.
[b]Personality:[/b] Flaws and strengths
[b]Strengths/weaknesses: [/b]
[b]History[/b]
[b]Other[/b]

Shay'la Profile
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Relationship with host:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

All usual rules apply. I may ask you to edit your profiles they are not sufficiently detailed or realistic :D
You can write in first or third person, past or present tense. It makes no difference to me. :D

We will start with once we have 6 characters, but the SB will remain open to further applicants. :elephant:

Please post characters in the SB thread.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell