z

Young Writers Society

Only By Night DT

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:06 pm
Brea says...

I'll take light fairy, oh, and when is this going to start? :)
Last edited by Brea on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 pm
Brea says...

Name: Gayle Wright

Faerie name: Feather

Apparent age: 16, very young 16 year old to.

Real age: 49

Species: Light Fairy

Personality: Very bubbly and cheerful, Gayle loves to muck around and play jokes on unsuspecting victims. She is often found running around or doing some sort of physical activity. Gayle is very kind, and isn't afraid to risk her life for those around her.

Gayle is never harsh, and is very friendly to approach. She never raises her voice even when she gets mad, or scard. She often acts like a little child, and this will often make her be spontaneous, adventure filled and jumpy. Though, this is all an act to hide her true self which is scarred by pain, regret and sadness.

Human appearance: Gayle has honey brown hair, with deep reddy-brown eyes that often seem as if they are red. She has a very large smile that always seems inviting. Though she is a fairy, she stands pretty tall in her human form at 5 foot 7. She has a cream complexion and a few freckles in the shape of a trianle under her pink lips.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Faerie appearance: In fairy form, Gayle has long white pinkish blonde hair that comes down in a series of waves and curls. She has large deep golden eyes that frame her face. She is the opposite of her human form being very short at four foot three. She often wear white rose petal dress that frame her body in an angelic sort of way. Her wings are very large and shine in the light.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Power: She has the power over bright light. Which, depending on her emotions, can be refreshing or very painful.

Skills:
-Human form:To run really fast, and climb or scramble quickly up objects. In other words Gayle is very sppedy and agile.

-Faerie form: Feather can hit a target even if they are moving in a very fast speed. She is also a lot more flexible in this form, able to do a series of flips and jumps.

Weaknesses: Gayle is way to trusting in both human and fairy form. She isn't at all strong either, which is very ashameful for her. She will often let people get to her, and cares way to much for the things aorund her.

Illness:
By definition, acute stress disorder is the result of a traumatic event in which the person experiences or witnesses an event that causes the victim/witness to experience extreme, disturbing or unexpected fear, stress or pain, and that involves or threatens serious injury, perceived serious injury or death to themselves or someone else.

Gayle didn't always have this sickness. When she was younger she witnessed a girl being bashed to deeath by a group of people. Not only was the beating torturous, but, Gayle was to afraid to go and help the poor girl being dealt blows.

Ever since that day, Gayle hides her real emotions behind a wall of happy faces, but inside she is really dying. When she is alone she will often goes in to a fit which often causes things being broken. Sometimes she will inflict pain on others and end up running away for weeks because of what she did.

History: As it says in the illness, she witnessed someone being murdered. This placed a large scar on her making her very vulerable and depressed. Before that though, she lived with her older sister a normal fairy in a small town with a very small population.

Gayle's sister ended up leaving just before the incident for her boyfriend, forcing Gayle to leave their house in search of her sister. Gayle still hasn't found her sister, though she does hope to soon.

Up for love?: Yes

Other: She wears the same beads around her wrist all the time. Gayle refuses to take them off or be parted with them. The reason is unknown. Not even Gayle knows exactly why.
Last edited by Brea on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:30 am
ScarlettFire says...

TexanWriter wrote:Scarlett: Yes, faerie appearance would be her vampire appearance, or how she looks at night. Also, I need to ask you to be a little more descriptive on her personality. I'm always scared to write for characters when I don't have a very good clue at how they act. Otherwise, great profile.

Sorry about that. I was tired and had to post so I wouldn't forgot to later on. I guess I forget to finish it. It's done now though.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:46 am
TexanWriter says...

Brea: It will start probably tomorrow evening (for me, it's past dark right as I post this) because then I'll be at my real computer instead of using my friend's computer like now.

Scarlett: Thanks.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Another question (I always have one): Why are there shops as part of the asylum? Are they for the patients or the visitors? Wait...they're probably for the visitors, right? Duh. And how big is the asylum?
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

88 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:16 pm
TexanWriter says...

I love questions.

The shops are only there because I wrote this right after seeing a thing on PBS about this mental asylum, and the inmates had their own little society, with a tailor shop, and a smithy, and all sorts of stuff like that. It was in a need to fill up the page that I put them in. I can change the map, because now I'm starting to think those are totally useless. Just pretend that they're housing for any visitors.

And the size... good question. Just a minute, I'm horrible with size. It's pretty big, I think one wing (for instance, Faerie Medical) would be about the size of a football field. ...Um, yeah. It's really big. I'm sorry, I'm truly horrible when it comes to size.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Rune [surname not known]

Element: Earth/Mud

Personality: Hardworking, honest, and stable. He keeps a level head and is generally open-minded, because of which people will often come to him for help and advice. However he can be stubborn - if he sets his mind on something he will usually pursue it to the end. He is quite solitary and can often be found reading or sitting in silence, contemplating things.

Appearance (written description required): Dark brown hair and eyes. Olive skin. Fairly well-built and an average height.

Picture (optional, please spoiler): None, may add later.

Spells (up to five):
1) Can turn rock into sand and vice-versa
2) Can manipulate rocks and earth
3) Can turn other things/people or self into stone - this has only a temporary effect of up to 30mins
4) Can animate stone sculptures [similar to (2) but kinda like on autopilot - has only a temporary effect of up to 24hrs and only so long as he is conscious]
5) [...not sure, any suggestions?]

Skills: Well educated, can argue well as he tends to have a balanced point of view and can see things logically. Is a good gardener and often spends time alone in the asylum gardens - much of the plant life there is a result of his handiwork. Is a fair cook.

Weaknesses: Sometimes is not good at seeing the small details, and can be overly stubborn. Dislikes change and struggles to adapt to changes - sometimes he is too set in his ways.

Illness: Severe amnesia; although he can remember facts and figures he has very little memory of his previous traumas. It has been suggested that his mind erased the memories as a result of the horrific things he saw, and that they could lead to even more severe mental problems if remembered. Also has no memory of family/friends/life before the Vex.

History: Only patchy memories remain; he is determined to find out about his previous life despite concerns that this could spark a whole new illness.

Up for love?: Yes.

Other:

[I'm not sure if there is a garden in the asylum but i decided to act as if there was... is that ok?]
Last edited by kidashka on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

88 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:35 pm
TexanWriter says...

Okay, now we're starting.

kidashka: Earth is limited to mud and dirt and sand and rocks and other stuff like that. Plants are not a part of that.

You don't have to have a total of five spells; it could be that he is just beginning in magic or something.

And yes, your description of his appearance is detailed enough. I mostly worry about personality, and that too is detailed enough.

We're finally starting! Thanks to everyone for joining and waiting, I've been at a friend's house and I hate using their keyboard. The keys stick so much... Anyway. Here we go.

-Albert Einstein

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am
Lauren2010 says...

Can I claim the human teenager? I'll post a profile tomorrow.
Got YWS?

88 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:02 am
TexanWriter says...

Sure thing!

-Albert Einstein

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:20 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Why not be normal. Can I get the child human?

Name: Ben Pine

Personality: He is generally a very pleasant person to be around with. He likes to please people and because of this he can be easily used. He is scared of authority and because of this he follows orders from adults without question.

Appearance Short black hair, 5'8, skinny frame.
Picture: Later

Skills: His miltary father taught him minor combat moves. He got really good at using a dagger.

Weaknesses:In his need to please people he tends to spread himself too thin.

Illness: Dissociative identity disorder. He has three known personalities. His main one is the one he was born with Ben Pine a kind natured teen that likes to be liked. His second personality is named Kevin and he is the protector of Ben. He has a childlike demeanor but is extremely dangerous and violent. His third personality is Tim who is a overly perky teen that likes to have fun. He is aware of his personalities and will often talk about them as if they were real separate people.

History: . His father was a mean drunk and would beat up on him and his mother when he was in bad mood. His constant beating broke something inside him, but he didn't notice until he contracted Vex and Kevin appeared. When Ben woke up from the black out he had killed his father. He later developed Tim upon his first day at Mark Bishop’s.

Up for love?: Well he's 9 so no.

Other: He like cookies.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Name: Lance Porter

Personality: Lance is a good kid. He was always intelligent, fun, entertaining, and friendly. He still is this normal, polite, kind kid when he is distracted from his pyromania. But when he is consumed with the thought of fire he can be violent, rude, and cruel.

Appearance (written description required): shaggy black hair, honey-brown eyes, thin and average height.

Skills: He's very stealthy, and intelligent.

Weaknesses: Seeing, smelling, hearing, and thinking about fire consumes his life.

Illness: Extreme pyromania. Lance becomes completely absorbed with fire whenever he sees it, and the thought of making fire consumes him. Small distractions can keep him normal for a while, but they don't last long and usually only work once.

History: Lance's parents died in a house fire when he was a kid, which may contribute to his obsession now. He bounced from foster family to foster family because when room was needed he'd gladly move on.

Up for love?: sure

Other: none
Got YWS?

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

This is fun so far. Love it!

Hmm...I have an idea! Maybe the new administrator could be assigned as a result of the fire? It could be a type of thing that happens frequently, and he/she is brought in to bring things under control. Thoughts?
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Fine with me. Five is just sort of freaking out right now cuz the fire mage keeps dousing her flames. Now she's trying to kill him, cuz she's in one of her bad mood swings. I'm sure the admin could intervene, actually, that would be perfect.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 am
kidashka says...

Sounds like a good plan =]
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain