z

Young Writers Society

Slayers DT (Accepting Characters)

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:17 am
Codie says...

Slayers

(Okay, I’ve just come back from the movies and I have to admit; “How to Train you Dragon” is one heck of a good movie. And I just recently got around to getting these story book things and would hope that even though I’m new people would be interested in a “How to Train your Dragon” (around the lines) story book.)

Rules:
o No God Modeing; none of it! They have to have a flaw.
o Frequent posts, must be at least 150 words in length.
o No intimate romance scenes.
o Swearing fine, though, no really vulgar words.
o Detailed character profiles, not three words and done. Imagine it as yourselves you wouldn’t like it if your life was summed up in three words.

Setting:
Berk Island is a small rocky sort of island over looking beautiful blue waters that foam up on yellow sand shores. Rift caves are speared from the lush forests of the islands, inhabited by dragons.

Berk Island is well away from civilisation, the houses are small huts made of stone and wood. The Village only takes a small part of the island which is the closest to the seas and large Viking boat on the shore line.

Plot:
Slaying A dragon- three vital words the youths of Berk love to hear. All their lives, the Vikings of Berk have loved spilling blood of Dragons for fun, or to defend their live stock.

“A Viking Honour is in the hammer they smash open a Dragon’s skull with!” This code, this statement is what runs through the very veins of the Vikings. For youths this is task they want ever so badly.

Placed into training, the young Vikings are set under gruelling challenges to best the Dragons that fly through their village, and stop the thieving dragons from stealing their livestock as their forefathers before the do.

All their lives the young Vikings are taught that Dragons are dangerous and should be slayed on the spot, though, this is what they think, they are soon to figure a totally different story.

As the harsh winters begin to roll in the food supplies become scarce, the Vikings set out to find where the Dragon nest it to vanquish their foes before they steal all the food the people of Berk Tribe need to survive.

Something happening, the Dragons are becoming uneasy and are attacking more frequently, the only thing for sure is that this winter will not be like any other.

Dragon Species:

Night Fury
The rarest and most intelligent of the dragon species, the Night Fury is distinguished by its dark color and piercing yellow eyes, as well as its smaller size, heavy chest and short neck. Possessing the largest wing-to-body ratio of all dragons, it can fly higher, faster and longer than any dragon, and its incredible power-to-weight ratio renders it capable of vertical takeoff. The only warning is the ballistic noise the diving Night Fury makes. Its kamikaze attack, along with its cautious behavior and analytical mind, makes the Night Fury a devastating opponent with an extraordinary success rate. To date, no Night Fury has ever been brought down. The Night Fury is never seen, and never misses.

Monstrous Nightmare
This gigantic dragon has a long, snakelike neck and tail, and is covered with red scales and long sharp spines. The Nightmare's gigantic head and mouth can swallow Vikings whole. This dragon can attack any time of the day or night, from the air or on the ground. It is highly aggressive, and will never run from a fight. Its fire is thick and sticky, clinging to walls and running down hills like a flaming river. The Nightmare also has a nasty habit of setting itself on fire.

Gronckle
Gronckles have gigantic heads, short bodies, and round tails. Gronckles are lazy, and spend most of their time sleeping in communal heaps. They have even been known to fall asleep while flying, waking only when they crash into the ocean or the side of a mountain. Gronckles have relatively small wings that beat as fast as a hummingbird's. They are slow in the air, but make up for this with their maneuverability. A Gronckle can fly backwards, sideways, and even hover. Gronckles attack from the air, where their primary weapon is most effective. Gronckles chew rocks, melting them in their bellies and firing them as balls of molten lava.

Deadly Nadder
Perhaps the most beautiful dragon, the Deadly Nadder is easily recognized by the bright blue body and brilliant yellow spikes that cover it from head to tail. This colorful dragon is active any time of the day or night. Nadders are quick and agile in the air and can fly for long distances, but will almost always land before attacking. Nadders travel and raid in groups, making them especially dangerous. The Deadly Nadder isn't the largest or fastest dragon, but it possesses the hottest fire in the dragon world. The blast of a Nadder can melt steel, or turn a man to ash in seconds. But the dangers of the Nadder don't stop there. The tail of the Nadder can be whipped around, releasing a volley of giant spikes that can penetrate trees, walls, and Vikings.

Zippleback
The Zippeback is one of the largest dragons one may ever encounter. It is unmistakable, with its twin heads. The heads are distinct, with separate thoughts and different personalities. Like most dragons, Zipplebacks can fly, but their wings are small and they spend most of their time on the ground. Zippelbacks are solitary, preferring to hunt alone. They come out after sundown, prowling dark forests for victims. The attack of a Zippelback is like no other. Instead of breathing fire, a Zippel makes explosions. One head breathes gas, and the other head ignites it.

Terrible Terror:
Smallest of the dragons is the Terrible Terror. This tiny menace is unmistakable, with a small snakelike body and tiny wings. Terrors can be found roosting in the rafters of Viking barns and under the floorboards of Viking houses. Though a single terror is too small to carry away a sheep or inflict much damage to a Viking, they are usually found in flocks. The largest on record was a mob of Terrors over two hundred strong. In those numbers even the strongest Viking can be overwhelmed, and the biggest sheep can be stolen.

Character Pallette:

Spoiler! :
Character Palette:

Name: (First, Nickname, Last, and Middle. Middle and Nickname are optional, also make it something tribey not Katie….that’s not a tribe name.)
Appearance: (Write what they look like to great detail. That’s right every spot on their face and hair on their legs Muhahaha. No, you don’t have to…but just put detail in it.)
Photograph: (Optional, place it in spoiler though.)
History: (How their family are, and stuff like that)
Habits:
Flaws & Strengths:
Likes & Dislikes:
Weapon:
Status in Tribe: (Thief, Peasant you know...)
Up for Love:
Other: (Like something they cannot go without, or a little secret they have. Something that’ll make them different or such)

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:36 am
Codie says...

Name: Asterid “Aster” Trite

Appearance: Short, Honey Brown hair that flicks around her shoulders in a childish way. Asterid has hard brown round eyes that look almost fox red. She stands tall, with a slim build that she looks very thin.

Photograph:
Spoiler! :

History: Asterid has lived with her father all of her life on the edge of her village. Her father has always dreamed of her being a dragon slayer, teaching her when she could barely walk.

Asterid is fascinated with dragons, and badly wants to make her father proud by killing her first dragon before she is twenty. Asterid never knew her mother, but that she was a strong fighter and wasn’t afraid to back down.

Personality: Brash and fiery, Asterid likes to speak up for herself and be heard. She is often found swinging around the trees or trying to best her swimming records. She is very competitive and hates to beat, though, she can be caring when someone she cares for comes into trouble.

Habits: When ever nervous, Asterid will bite her lip. And when ever scared she will fiddle with her clothing.

Flaws & Strengths: Asterid is fast and agile; she can easily climb trees without breaking a sweat. Though, she hasn’t got a long endurance and isn’t at all strong either.

Likes & Dislikes: Her father is the one person she cherishes the most in her life, as with her tribe and the nature around her. Though, she doesn’t despise dragons but neither does she like them. She simply finds the interesting to watch.

Weapon: Two blades, to short to be swords though to long to be daggers. They were her mothers before she died. Asterid fights using a whole series of flips and turns.

Status in Tribe: Her father is the black smith of the tribe. So she has a rather normal status.

Up for Love: Yes.

Other: She wears her grand mothers locket around her neck who was supposedly a very good dragon fighter for her time.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 am
Apple says...

I'll post for a guy.
I spy!

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 pm
Codie says...

Sure Apple, your spot is saved. Just don't forget to post the characters...Hopefully more people will join and we'll get this SB under way soon. :)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:19 pm
kidashka says...

I'll post within the next few days... i'll choose the gender which balances things most at the time =]
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Name: Lisiana Rae Song (Tribal enough?)

Appearance: Lisiana has black hair, and somewhat pale skin. She is thin, and has a strange reddish tint to her brown eyes. Her legs are thin, but very msucular at the same time! (lol, had to put that in there)

Photograph:
Spoiler! :

History: Lisiana's father died when she was around ten, and he had been the one who gave her training. Since then, she has been striving to fight and live how she wants to. Her mom is always fawning over her, so she goes and wanders by herself a lot.

Habits: She always wants adventure. She is one who will just randomly run off.

Flaws & Strengths: She is a dreamer also, so sometimes she doesn't listen. She can actually be kind of competitive if you are worth her competition.

Likes & Dislikes: She loves adventures, and loves going to the ocean around the island. She hates snobby people who think they are better than her.

Weapon: A sword

Status in Tribe: Like...middle class?

Up for Love: Yes

Other: She always wears a ring that looks like a dragon on her ring finger. Her father gave it to her before he died. She isn't seen without it, nor would she ever be.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 pm
Codie says...

Kidashka, Apple and Dreamy, thankyou so much for joining. Could you please post your profiles when you have the time so we can start this...I hope more people will join, but I think we have a rather fine set of numbers so far.

Edit: You to Forest! (The thanks part not posting a character.)

33 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Acari Shale
Appearance: Dark brown hair, blue-green eyes. Just above average height, fairly muscular in build. Has callused hands and several minor scars on his arms from training.
History: Whilst growing up he idolised his father, wanting to be nothing but the fearless warrior that his father was. However, when his father was killed by a dragon it fell to him to take care of his younger sister. He is determined to find out more about the creatures that killed his father. [I made this when I wasn't on the computer, then saw Forestqueen's, so do you want to be siblings?]
Habits: Tends to train excessively when uncertain or worried.
Flaws & Strengths: Quiet and thoughtful, he is someone who thinks things through and rarely makes reckless decisions. However at times he can be distant and mistrustful - it takes something big to truly win his trust. Is a strong warrior as he wants to live up to his father's memory.
Likes & Dislikes: Likes training, making plans and eating. Dislikes travelling by boat and boats in general.
Weapon: Moderate skill with most, particular strength with crossbow.
Status in Tribe: Fairly good as he was the son of a strong warrior.
Up for Love: Yes
Other: Treasures a hunting kiife of his father's and intends to use it to slay the dragon who killed him.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

33 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:39 am
kidashka says...

Will this start soon or would you like more characters?

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke