z

Young Writers Society

Cloud 9 DT (Applications closed!)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

This is the DT for Cloud 9. Apply to join here, and later discuss everything Steampunk-y.

Thread here: post685264.html#p685264

Please note that I am accepting people based on character quality, grammar and spelling, and previous storybook activity. If you're the kind of person who's joined a storybook and then never posted in it, or posted horrible quality posts, ect, chances are you're not getting in. You can play anyone really, even a Handler if you want.

With that said... Profile time!

Name:
Estimated Age:
Personality (optional, I think we can figure this out as the storybook goes along):
Job (if any):
Quirks:
History:
Up for love?:
Other:

---

Name: Deborah (Deb) Grierson
Estimated Age: 21
Appearance: She's of average height and slim, though she's pretty muscular for a woman due to her job. She's got a rather large and heavy toolbelt that seems to have everything. Her hair is dirty blonde, but it's always grimy and sooty, as is the rest of her. Her eye is brown. Her left eye was taken out in a welding incident, and has been replaced by a red glass orb that's held in place with a bronze frame that goes around her eye socket.
Personality (optional, I think we can figure this out as the storybook goes along): Gruff at times, but friendly. She's got a relatively short temper. She loves her job, though she thinks that the pay could be improved. She's stubborn and strong minded, and has a tendency to keep arguments up as long as possible.
Job (if any): Mechanic.
Quirks: Doesn't talk properly, and is extremely attached to her tools.
History: Grew up in the city. She learned to handle a wrench before she could talk, and is one of the best mechanics there is.
Up for love?: Yes.
Other: None.
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:55 pm
Bloo says...

Name: Olli Banger
Estimated Age: 20
Appearance: *Will look for a picture after this posts*
Personality: (Yay!...I hate writing personalities out, I feel so repetitive most of the time)
Job (if any): Reluctant Mechanic.
Quirks: He has a permanent clueless look on his face, is clumsy, but people find it hard to be too mad at him for his screw ups.
History: He was born into a rich family, but when he was only five his parents were killed, and he was sent to live in some bunker, do to his father leaving t him to be in charge of his company when he died, which was making engines. At age 15 people started going after him,trying to obtain the company, for riches. He was almost killed a total of 27 times, finally he decided to give the company up, and after that, the people who took it, forced him to work in the engine room, through a trick contract.
Up for love?: Not really
Other: Do to his life being spent mostly in the bunkers (until age 19 when he finally gave it up), he has no real skills, or social skills. He also was traumatized from the murder attempts.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am
Lauren2010 says...

Name: Bianca "Marie" Cheshire
Estimated Age: 19
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Wears modest, but pretty dresses. Has one blue eye and one green eye.
Personality: Bianca is stuck. She can't leave her family, or her social level. If she does, she fears she will be hunted down and killed (her family wants to keep its little secret). She doesn't know where she is going, or what she wants. She is barely happy, but isn't about to do anything to change it.
Job (if any): Tutor
Quirks: Talks to herself out loud (but usually when she thinks no one is around to hear).
History: Bianca was born into the Rich and Royal top level on Cloud 9. Her family prides itself in its long line of Handlers, though Bianca herself disapproves of the occupation. A few years ago, her family lost all of their money. But, they keep up their status by using their Handler-ship to 'come by money'. Bianca became a tutor to help her family out, and mostly tutors middle class children. When she is out of the Rich and Royal area, she goes by Marie and doesn't let anyone know what her social status is.
Up for love?: sure
Other: She dreams of beign swept away by her prince, but doesn't necessarily desire her prince to be anywhere near the Rich and Royal class she lives in.
Got YWS?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm
Theodorable says...

Name: Jacquie Boleyn (She likes to be call Jack)
Estimated Age: 20
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality (optional, I think we can figure this out as the storybook goes along): She’s nice, much nicer than she should be for her social status. She tries to help those who need it and she will go to any lengths to help someone who comes to her.
Job (if any): None. Social light.
Quirks: She is a little bit OCD, so it is part of the reason she helps those under her.
History: She grew up in a very wealthy home. And her family is closely related to the royal family. And she recently got engaged to one of the royal princes.
Up for love?: Yes
Other: She doesn’t want to marry the prince, but her family is forcing her to.
Last edited by Theodorable on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm
Elinor says...

Name
Erika Maureen Lily

Estimated Age

Appearance

Personality
She is loud and eccentric, often speaking her mind and not thinking it situations of importance. She's adventurous and enjoys outdoorsy activities. She's unstoppable when working toward a goal, although she can get very frustrated.

Job
Ballet Instructor

Quirks
She scratches her head whenever she's nervous, and has dyslexia and ADHD. Because of this, she's often made fun of, but she works hard to prove that she's just as good as everyone else.

History
Erika is the illegitimate daughter of King Charles III and Harper Lily. To help protect her, the king sent her down to the middle-class level of the blimp, where she was adopted by a loving baker, who raised her for all her life.

She first became interested in ballet at the age of seven, when she saw a short film that focused on it. She quickly enrolled in the Pierce Academy of Fine Arts, a prominent and respected school. She was a great student, and teachers loved her. Erika loved being there, too. She turned eighteen, and wasn't able to take classes. She was quickly invited to become an intern, and after two years, she was given a class of her own.

Erika is still unaware of her origins, but her mother wants her back on the top level of the blimp where she belongs. The King is going to do anything to keep Erika from public eye, because it would be the end of him if the public found about his illegitimate daughter.

Up for Love?
Yes

Other
She is often regarded as one of the best ballet instructors at the Pierce Academy by the students.
Last edited by Elinor on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

100 Reviews

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay, We need some guy characters, people. :P

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Name: Seraphina Cerulean
Estimated Age:20
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: you'll see
Job (if any): Handler
Quirks: Has a weakness for animals, she dislikes hurting them and does all that she can not to. She especially loves spiders.
History:She grew up ina wealthy family, and learned that power is everything. She broke off from them (though not before stealing all her family's money) to become a handler so she could literally have complete power over people.
Up for love?:probably not, unless you really really impress her
Other:a very strong fighter, and smart as well
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:35 am
cheeb says...

Name: Brian "Condor" Rydalch
Estimated Age: 35
Appearance: Tall, light-skinned, dresses similarly to Sherlock Holmes (minus the deerhunter hat).
Personality: Keeps to himself generally, though he may ally with someone whom he thinks can help him (or be used) to achieve his goal. Though he is a private eye and acts against Handlers, his real motive is to learn their secrets and take control of the Handlers himself. Although he is crafty, he sometimes acts without thinking and gets into hot water as a result. He is also very good at tracking lost things.
Job: Private eye
Quirks: Constantly wishes he had some kind of personal steam assistant device.
History: Though he was born on the ground, he was sent to an orphanage on Cloud 9 at birth, where he was treated mostly as a slave by the larger orphans. He's carried feelings of resentment ever since, becoming a PI as an adult due to his skill at finding lost things, and when the Handlers' activities began, he saw it as an opportunity to take revenge. His less-evil wish is to return to the ground.
Up for love?: Eh... probably not. >_>
Other: He lives in his office with a fish. He also has an old-ish model of steam-car, it's probably about ten years old and due to break down any day now.

(Corkscrew maaaade me... she's so meeeeean. XD)
Last edited by cheeb on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:48 pm
Kelcia says...

Hiyas, Gspy! I am here to bring a guy character to the scene. :)

Name: Ashton Reese

Estimated Age: 20, but he could be 21 or older. He’s sort of lost count.

Appearance: Tall and scruffy, with brown hair, and brown eyes. He tends to scowl a lot, and hunches his shoulders most of the time. Tends to wear a long trench-coat, as it’s warm, sort of weather-proof, and has a very useful turn-up collar that hides his face, when needed.

Personality : Gruff and serious, but I’ll develop him more as we go.

Job (if any): He takes what he can get. Sometimes he’s jobless, but he usually has work as a thief or a hit-man.

Quirks: He has a knife, rather like a jackknife, that he takes out and snaps open and shut if he’s bored or nervous.

History: His parents lived on the middle level, and owned a small supply store. When he was around fourteen, Ashton fell in with a rough crowd. At age fifteen, he felt that his parent’s concern was unnecessary, and that they were no more in charge of him as they were the Royal Family. He made his way with his ‘friends’ to the level below the Works. There, he entered into a life of crime. At some point, he was never sure when, Ashton broke off from the rest of his old group and went solo. He is now regarded as a good thief, a talented assassin, but an all-around queer bloke.

Up for love?: Sure.

Other: He knows several Handlers, and even cooperates with them at times. He finds them useful when it comes to more difficult assassinations. They see him as a helpful asset, as he is the one carrying out the assassinations.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

78 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm
Theodorable says...

Here's a guy!

Name: Austin Masters
Estimated Age: 22
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality (optional, I think we can figure this out as the storybook goes along): He’s very refined. Although he does care about the people, he believes that you are born into your role. He is going to be the future ruler and is preparing for it.
Job (if any): King in training
Quirks: He’s a bookworm, and has a lot of random trivia in his head.
History: He was always destined for the throne. He has never known different. He’s never had freedom, so he doesn’t crave it.
Up for love?: Yes.
Other: He may be engaged to Jack, but does he want to marry her?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:16 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

He's the manliest of the manly.

Name: Vincent (Vince) Upwall

Estimated Age: 35

Appearance: Image

Personality: Well, you called it optional, so I guess we'll wait and find out.

Job (if any): Handler

Quirks: He enjoys biting his fingernails, however sometimes he has to use his will-less slave when his fingernails are short.

History: His mother drank, and did drugs while he was in her womb. She died right before she could give birth to him via overdose. They managed to save him, but he was never quite right. He had several common child interests, and grew up a normal life. However as he grew older he still enjoyed some of those interests, and ended up mildly sadistic.

Up for love?: Um... if by love you mean him calling you mommy, then biting your fingernails in the night, sure, he's as open as open could get.

Other: If you couldn't guess, he's a bit crazy...just a little. He ages very well as you can see.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

100 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:51 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay, we need more Handlers I think.

Name: Sam Wickens
Estimated Age: 23
Appearance: http://api.ning.com/files/ra9zDzxC7jPjx ... e20guy.jpg
Personality (optional, I think we can figure this out as the storybook goes along): Quiet, keeps his head down. He's a little shy and doesn't stand up for himself.
Job (if any): Reluctant Handler.
Quirks: Stutters when he's nervous.
History: His father is in charge of the Handlers. He was raised to be one and started training for it at a very early age.
Up for love?: Sure.
Other: Doesn't like what the Handlers are doing, but he doesn't feel that he can stop them.

100 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay, after long consideration and thought, here's the list of people who got in.

Me! (No, duh.) Deb and Sam.
Chibibo
Bolt
Teddybear22: Austin and Jacquie
Kelcia
Dreamy115
Elinor Brynn
Lauren2010

Sorry you didn't get in Tala. (It's not personal, honest!) Your profile just didn't seem very... realistic. If you'll revise your profile a little I'd be willing to make an exception and let you in.

Alright, we're ready to start! I'll make a starter post...

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Hey, I only joined because you were desperate. I told you when you first came to me(Not desperate). "You can shove your picky SB right up it's own a**"
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

78 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:39 pm
Theodorable says...

Well, I'll be working around the clock on Austin and Jack. These two are going to confuse alot of people.

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"