z

Young Writers Society

Academy Redux! DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:58 am
ScarlettFire says...

You know Nolan and Corda saw Liz and Bart fight, right? It seems to be missing and I did say you were leaving the Anti-vill classroom...

*sighs* If you don't want to follow through... *shrugs*
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:05 am
Lumi says...

Well, the contradiction wasn't really noteable until Corda's last interaction... Now something has to change. Or else the time stream like, explodes or something.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:10 am
cheeb says...

Sooo... the way I see it, Nolan and Corda went into Isaac's office first. They had their discussion with him, then they left and Bart went in, supposedly while they were still arguing in the corridor. He left fairly quickly and streaked past them, around a corner and into a cupboard. He came out a few minutes later, encountered Liz right outside the closet and they, with Alexis, had their scuffle there. Accurate?

Also, this will probably come in handy for those who are sick of trawling the DT for the reference docs.
the user formerly known as chibibo

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am
ScarlettFire says...

I would say so, Chibs.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 pm
Kale says...

Sooo... the way I see it, Nolan and Corda went into Isaac's office first. They had their discussion with him, then they left and Bart went in, supposedly while they were still arguing in the corridor. He left fairly quickly and streaked past them, around a corner and into a cupboard. He came out a few minutes later, encountered Liz right outside the closet and they, with Alexis, had their scuffle there. Accurate?

That was my intention. Corda and Nolan would have then gone around the corner (because it was in the direction of the dorms) and so witnessed the fight. Sorry if I made things more confusing with my attempt to patch things. >.>

Also, I think it'd be nice if you could compile a list of links to everyone's profiles so we don't need to go trawling the pages to find someone.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:31 am
skutter11 says...

So what did people think of the failed experiment scene, involving Arthur, Caroline and a explosion? I would like some kind of critique. Please.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:37 am
cheeb says...

I think it'd be nice if you could compile a list of links to everyone's profiles so we don't need to go trawling the pages to find someone.

Good idea. Check the Everything Page now. XD

1220 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2010 12:08 am
Kale says...

skutter11 wrote:So what did people think of the failed experiment scene, involving Arthur, Caroline and a explosion? I would like some kind of critique. Please.

Personally, I felt it was a bit rushed and didn't have much room for other characters to interact with Arthur. What I would have done is spent some time on Arthur's search for ingredients; it would have opened an opportunity for Arthur and at least one of the characters to team up in the search (like Caroline, or someone from the Potions class). The pacing of your posts is also very fast, so slowing it down a little might be a good idea.

Another thing is your punctuation, especially with regards to dialogue, and spelling are a bit iffy. Some spacing in between the paragraphs also wouldn't hurt. Right now, your posts aren't the easiest to read.

@chibibo

Yay! Now all you need to do is add a link to this handy-dandy shiny helpful page to the first post, and I shall be most satisfied. ;P
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 01, 2010 4:09 am
Lumi says...

Lumierre watches as the continuity of the story breaks apart once more around his post.

I give up. -_-
-Shinji Moon

1220 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2010 8:40 am
Kale says...

Lumi, your post confuses me. Mind giving a summary of what's going on? Because the continuity fix might just be as simple as changing the time stamp.
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 01, 2010 11:46 pm
Lumi says...

Fixed... Sorry about that, guys.
-Shinji Moon

53 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm
cheeb says...

So I just realised I'm a dumbass. 8D

I've been PMing people when they reached 10 posts, therefore they've actually been levelling up on post 11 (and in Kara's case, 21), which wasn't my intention. From now on I'll PM you on 9, 19, 29, etc, and you can level up when you're actually supposed to. ^_____^'

- t3h st00pid

53 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2010 8:18 am
cheeb says...

skutter, can you edit your post and make it a bit longer? It's only 157 words long, and you want 200 minimum.

Also, the floating book... Is this intended to be your level 1 power? You've only made 5 posts so your character is still at level 0.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri May 07, 2010 1:24 pm
skutter11 says...

Sorry about that, I got a bit carried away, that sort of happens a lot. I'll fix that!
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon May 17, 2010 12:45 am
Bloo says...

Um, Dreamy...you do realize the dean is basicly Superman? It would be far from "easy" for a kid, at level 0, to kill Superman.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien