z

Young Writers Society

Academy Redux! DT

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon May 17, 2010 1:33 am
ToritheMonster says...

Kryptonite can be easily found. Lex Luther don't got no powers. And he's stupid. Gwarsh.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon May 17, 2010 1:45 am
Lumi says...

Please tell me you're kidding...
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon May 17, 2010 2:13 am
Octave says...

LOL

That was a good one. *wipes tear from eye*
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Um... yup. Sure. I was most definitely kidding. *giggles sheepishly*
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:47 pm
skutter11 says...

Yes, that was pretty good. Lex Luther, dumbest-grudge-EVER!
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:56 pm
cheeb says...

EVENT

In a paper-thin attempt to keep this storybook running, I have decided to introduce an Event! An Event in the context of Academy is basically a plot twist that isn't too relevant to the story, but gives us something to do.
In this case the Event is an army of black slimy figures invading the Academy. They are mindless, soulless peons of QM that he has brought into the Academy grounds, not so much for the purposes of attack as much as to observe the abilities of not only his Anti-Villainy group, but the entire student body.

No one in the Academy knows where they came from, save for Dominic Kent (that is, he knows they are minions of QM, but he doesn't know that Isaac and QM are one and the same, nor does anyone else). They are immune to most attacks, which will simply bounce off or be absorbed by their jelly-like hide, unless their core, a red glowing ball, is struck with a moderately powerful attack, be it a spell, energy blast, fireball or even just a really strong punch. This is the only way to destroy one. They do not respond to mind control or telepathy, of course.

At the time of Zeke's post, 9:45 am, they have already spread across the entire campus. They will mindlessly wander until they see a living potential victim, at which point they will attack. They have no magical attacks: brute force is their only weapon.

This Event will last for a minimum of fifteen posts (not including Zeke's in which they first appear). After that, it can be ended by anyone who simply posts that they have destroyed the last invader. Enjoy!
the user formerly known as chibibo

45 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:37 am
skutter11 says...

Woah! That's a lot of peril goin' on, there!
*Skutter now posts*

45 Reviews

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:41 am
skutter11 says...

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Academy I, skutter11, have drawn a definitive picture of Arthur! It took me a biro, three coloured pencils and two days to do! Here it is:

(sorry, I don't know how to resize)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:58 am
cheeb says...

Ok, so following my rollcall PM, most of you are still active, though there is a short list of people I haven't heard back from. However, I still don't want to kill off any non-NPCs (PCs?) just yet.

Also, I've put up the Post Count spreadsheet on the Everything Page. You can see how many posts everyone has. I shall also put a link to Everything Page on the front page of both the SB and DT after I post this, following Kyllorac's long-not-taken advice.

Finally, the blobs event has at least 2 posts to go. However, since we haven't made much progress exterminating them, I'm extending it to 25 posts total, meaning it has at least 7 to go. This way, we don't suddenly go from hiding in dorms to "Hey, I've killed the last one!" (Don't worry, I'm not having a go at you. This is actually kind of a good thing, it's more incentive to post.)

And remember post length, people. 200 word minimum, keep that in mind. Generally, we're doing well in that department.

- chibzilla
the user formerly known as chibibo

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson