2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 pm
Rydia says...

My character says the alleyway is just fine by him XD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm
LastPaladin says...

So since my character on a mountain I talked to Arriss and she is making another character human who's been sent to find out why people are going missing and she gets me off mountain by tranqing me, I escape once off mountain. This is much easier than me saying doing it on my own, since one, it be way creepy and two my character talks to himself, since he is insane.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 am
LowKey says...

For the Black Mages:

Collaborated with Nutty on the last post. Looks like we're heading for a hotel of some sort (though that's hardly set in stone, lol. We may very well be heading someplace entirely different by the next page, but still. For this moment, it's a hotel) where we can get ourselves together and plan out where we want to search first. While on the look for a hotel, however, thanks in part to the mission at hand and in part also perhaps to just stepping through the portal, these guys are probably hyper aware of their surroundings.

TenYo, you know your character better than anyone, but this might be an area where Jackie might specialize, due to his age. The others have probably made the trip through the portal a couple times before, or have at least been exposed to such a number of wild things during their time with the BMs. As such, they might be less... sensitive to things. Not in the emotional sense, but rather with regards to perception.

Andy -- any idea how common trips to the Human world are for those on the Black Mages?

TenYo -- Because of your character's youth/inexperience, perhaps he can be the one to notice or pick up on things that others have missed or glossed over or something similar. Depending on Andy's answer, if trips to the human world are things that happen once in a while, then he might pick up on things or details specific to the human world, because, unlike with the others, who might have been here before, this is all new.

If trips to the human world are things that happen once every other century at most, though (read, hardly ever at all) then we might need to work something else out. Regardless of the answer, though, we could definitely play on your character's youth/inexperience to progress the storyline. But again, you know your character best. That's just my interpretation of it. My thinking is, in addition to forwarding the plot, it might also hint that the people behind the Black Mages aren't as worthless and disorganized as Danya seems to think. In fact, it might hint in the opposite direction; that those behind the BMs are actually quite aware and with it. Just an idea.

Regarding the BMs, though, we should probably start tossing ideas back and forth where we (as writers, not characters) think we should send our characters looking with regards to the eidolon. At the very least, they should get a feel for the town. Any ideas?
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:54 pm
Rydia says...

I figure they have a rough idea of the appearance of the eidolon or can she change that? If she can change appearance then ignore this but I figure if not they know she's young looking and therefore it would be a first point of call to check if any new students enrolled at the local school recently.

Other than that, I'm not sure where would be a good place to look. Perhaps what we need to know first is how much the Black Mages are likely to know, what leads do they have to go on?
Writing Gooder

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:12 am
Squall says...

Just to answer some questions.

1. The Royal Guards have magical rings that can track down sources of magical energies, such as the artifact within a certain distance. So they can pretty much track down the eidolon if they are in range. The Black Mages also have that form of equipment, but it's cruder and not as accurate since they've stolen the design from the Black Mages.

2. The eidolon can't change her appearance, but being an ex entertainer, she is a master of disguise. Since she is an ex entertainer as well as an ex treasure hunter, she has quite a lot of money to buy various forms of clothing (there is a place in the human world where you can exchange magic money for real money). I reckoned that being a master of disguise would be a better option. It allows her to freely conceal herself, but within certain limits.

3. Black Mages uncommonly travel into the human world to go about their business. They also have some knowledge with how the human world operates. Think of it like Harry Potter.

4. I've been wondering where they would be in the human world. I'm thinking about having this take place in New Zealand as that would be rather interesting, but going for the USA route would be easier in the long run. What do you guys think?

5. I'm also thinking about introducing time stamps in the storybook to keep track of the time and location of the SB. Basically, it will follow this format:

Name, Alliance, Location, Time

This will be rather useful when characters are forced to split up.

6. Lastly, some people have been asking me about the current season and time in the storybook. I've decided that it's currently late afternoon (like 5pm) and the season being late summer (kind of an appropriate way to foreshadow the eidolon's onslaught :) )
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 pm
Rydia says...

Thanks for the info Andy! Location doesn't really make much difference to me as I know neither very well and time-stamping is always a good policy :)
Writing Gooder

672 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:40 am
Squall says...

I'm going to start adding some directives to the storybook to give you guys a better idea of what you have to do with each post.

-Currently the Royal Guards have just meet up with Harley and need to find a place to stay for the night

-Black Mages are already at an inn and are resting up. There might be some last minute discussion among them as to how they will attempt to capture the eidolon for tomorrow's evening show before they sleep.

To Kitty15: I kind of think Lorcan as being a guy that likes to sleep real late. I can really see him wandering off by himself and exploring the city's nightlife. Similarly, I can see my character doing that too. Hence, I was thinking of there being some sort of confrontation between your character and mine. It would be a good time put our character's powers to use (what's the point of having it in our profiles if we aren't gonna use it lol). I think it would make for some very interesting character interactions.

There might also be one more confrontation involving Paladin's character and one of the witnesses. We'll see.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:39 am
Rydia says...

You're correct, Lorcan needs to go wandering. He was just waiting for his bed buddy to fall asleep so he can climb out that window XD There's more to it than that naturally but you shall have to read my post to find out the rest ^^
Writing Gooder

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 pm
Lava says...

Okay, what are the RGs going to do next? I mean, where are they going to head to?
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

672 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 pm
Squall says...

lavabubblingout wrote:Okay, what are the RGs going to do next? I mean, where are they going to head to?

(sorry, I've been busy with university work lol)

Important:

The Royal Guards will now be at the hotel that you've mentioned Lava. Since Buscador! isn't in the mood to storybook as of late, I'll find some way to have him past down leadership temporarily to Claren (we'll just send him to an NPC Royal Guard party).

At this point, you can decide what to do. I plan to have my character go out with Jason to learn more about the human world and to show more of her back-story through their conversations. As for the rest of you, I highly suggest that you figure out a way to make some earth money, as you guys are rather low on it now after using it to get rooms in the hotel. Be creative!

But be warned, there will be events happening later on at night. Arianna's death by the hands of the outcast Royal Guard (controlled by LastPaladin) has yet to be broadcast on the news (I doubt her remains had even been found yet) and there is still Lorcan's abomination to nature. Sometime during Claren and Jason's so called "date", they will detect a very high magical reading via their rings. That reading will belong to Lorcan.

Basically, there are currently two objectives in the Royal Guard that must try to aim for:

Claren and Jason: The skirmish in the graveyard against Lorcan.

Refina, Maya and Harley: You decide, but I highly suggest that you go figure out a way to get money. Watch out though, things might go hairy when Arianna's corpse is finally found.

Aurelio will also pass leadership to Claren temporarily.
Last edited by Squall on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

672 Reviews

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 pm
Squall says...

Also for the Black Mages:

Nothing much to say here really. Lorcan's gone off to do something sinister with Circa and Tenyo's asleep. That means it's up to the ladies to finalize a plan on how they plan to capture the eidolon during tomorrow's show.

Witnesses:

Nothing much really. The eidolon will allow them into her hotel room to talk about where to eat and what has happened (those witnesses are part of the tech crew for the school and are sort of like friends with her. They have a tendency to tag with her because of her persona and fame). It is when they are dining at some restaurant that they talk about the show and how they plan to get the termite that the eidolon really needs. However, when they were paying the bill, they were interrupted by police cruisers heading to the scene of Arianna's death.

It is there that they get a big surprise...and when the eidolon starts laughing and raising suspicion. (let's face it, she's been bored all this time, so to see something 'exciting' for once is a sure sign that things are going to be good for her in the near future).

I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola