z

Young Writers Society

Eidolon's Chains DT

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 pm
Squall says...

Hi guys. This is where we discuss character/story related matters regarding our storybook. Right now, we still need to decide on the character profile on the Eidolon so all suggestions are welcomed.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 am
Firearris says...

We kind of want her to be somewhat average though. She kind of wants to blend in and not stand out, and she's to an extent hiding from the people searching for her, so she doesn't want to have white or purple hair or something.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 pm
ScarlettFire says...

How about we make her a brunette?

And here's a possible name; Tamaya?

Oh, and I posted in the SB. Basically my character has left school to go meet up with the Eidolon and has seen one of the others there before her. Thankfully it's a freind/cohort. :xd:
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

672 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:39 am
Squall says...

Alright, so one member suggested to me that the eidolon should look something like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/ ... d-girl.png

Except her hair should be brunette.

Now for the actual character. Personally, I think that she should have a rather calm demeanor (given the number of years that she has lived) but has a tendency to demoralize her opponents and can be rather manipulative. Her friends/cohorts view her as being a motherly figure as she is gives out very good advice to them and has helped them a lot in their lives.

She should also have quite a large variety of knowledge of various cultures and the history of both the human world and the magical world. I'm also thinking that she should be of Egypt origin as there is a lot of history there.

Her name should sound kind of ancient too (something like Isis Na Ru) but has a human name to hide her identity.

As for abilities, she should be able to use medium to high level elemental spells, knows telekinesis and has some degree of psychic powers (eg: short distance teleportation). She also knows how use ancient weaponry like swords, crossbow etc but has a limited knowledge of modern weaponry.

So yea, that's what I think her character should be like.

245 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:42 am
Firearris says...

For the most part, I agree with you, Andy. The only thing that bugs me is the Egypt part. It seems rather cliche that someone uber old that still seems young and that is from another world was/is in Egypt and learned a lot and knows a lot about Egypt. I mean, I don't think Egypt has more to learn than any other place; though most things make it seem that way.

Otherwise though, I think the rest of your ideas sound reasonable.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 am
Nutty says...

You should make her arrogant. She's a little bland right now.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:46 am
ScarlettFire says...

I don't really have much to add. I guess, just make her seem real. And I personally don't have a problem with her being Egyptian or having an Egyptian name. In fact, if you're looking for names: http://www.20000-names.com/female_egyptian_names.htm
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:13 pm
Rydia says...

I'm not so sure that Egyptian fits. Isn't she from the magical world? In which case surely she is of eidolon origin. That is, her culture and upbringing aren't like anything we would see on Earth. Perhaps what we should be thinking about is how these eidolons live? Do they have their own village in the magical world or are they apread out. You say they're few in number so do they randomly crop up or are they born of eidolon blood lines?

I like the look of her and being a cool, motherly figure fits. There must be a streak of fire in her though, she committed the crime afterall. Do we know what she intends to use the artifact for? Perhaps she stole it because she believed the king would make ill use of it or maybe she just wanted the power for herself, to create her own kingdom and set herself up as Goddess?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 pm
Elinor says...

I agree with everything said so far-including not making her Egyptian, but to me, she always came across as a mischievous girl. So why don't we give her a more mischievous personality and a bit more innocence?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

672 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 pm
Squall says...

Thanks for all your feedback guys. I'm gonna go sleep now (it's late as) and actually come up with something compelling when my mind's fresh lol. :D

I think the reason why I chose Egypt was because I like how aspects of their culture were portrayed through cryptic images and symbols on tablets. It's rather mysterious and intriguing to me, and I want that feeling to be with the eidolon's back story too. Oh well, I think I can fit that aspect in somehow.

245 Reviews

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:47 am
LowKey says...

I'm assuming the Black Mages all know each other, or at the very least know of each other, but how well? I imagine they had some sort of 'mission briefing' (perhaps similar to what the Royal Guards appear to be heading to at the moment?) prior to arrival in the human world. Andy describes them as being something like the police force, so I'm going to assume that's the case. If so, then obviously we'd all at least recognize each other, yes?

Questions:

Do we all come to the human world from the same portal at the same time? Also, is there any assigned meeting place for when we all arrive? Somewhere where we can get reoriented, a feel for where we're at, gain a foothold, etc? Amanda (Nutty's character) is the leader, correct?

Would it be alright, then, for Danya to come in through the alleyway as well? If so, either Kitty or Nutty, could we perhaps meet up in chat or MSN sometime to discuss possible dialog/character interactions?
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

672 Reviews

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:46 am
Squall says...

Alright just to follow up on Dreamer's question and to clear things up:

1. Yes, they go through the same portal
2. They each other, but to a slight degree (so they aren't like buddies or anything like that)

And I would love it if we have time to discuss how this will go, but I've been getting pwned with assignments and the Royal Guard still hasn't moved through that bloody portal yet lol.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 am
Nutty says...

Dreeeeaamer. I'm sorry. I should have brought in danya for you too. xD But, sure. I'm willing to work on that if you like.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 pm
Rydia says...

Hey hey! Sorry for my slight inactivity lately. I'm having to steal my brother's computer for internet time at the moment so I'm not likely to have a session every day. If you can suggest a time you'd be in chat/ on msn, I could beg to have it for then <333
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

672 Reviews

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:58 pm
Squall says...

Kitty15 wrote:Hey hey! Sorry for my slight inactivity lately. I'm having to steal my brother's computer for internet time at the moment so I'm not likely to have a session every day. If you can suggest a time you'd be in chat/ on msn, I could beg to have it for then <333

Don't worry Kitty, we've just been doing background work and I've been bombarded with uni assignments to be able make my 3rd post lol.

Anyways, just to make it official:

-Dono's the leader of the Royal Guards.
-I'm thinking about a collaborative leadership between Nutty's character and Dreamer's one for the Black Mages. We'll see how that works.
-The Royal Guard spawn location in the real world is a basement beneath a library (this library has some ties with the history of the magical world).
-The Black Mages spawn location is some dirty alleyway lol.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar