z

Young Writers Society

Ashes to Ashes DT (Applications closed!)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:11 pm
MagnusBane says...

Name: Cassie Tilson

Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/pretty girl/yourpictures/Untitled-2.jpg?o=1

History: She was at college when the disaster happened, and her family's dead. She feels like she failed them, and thinks that they might have lived if she had been there. After the disaster, she's been wandering around with a collie named Shadow. She thinks the dog was abused before she found her, because she's afraid of most people and can be snappish.

Personality: Very, very independent, aloof, defiant, and stubborn. Secretly, she's afraid of appearing weak. She likes to play the rebel also and if you tell her not to do something she'll turn right around and do it, just to annoy you. She always feels as though she has to prove herself, and this leads to her being a bit reckless. She also has a bit of a temper, and her smart mouth can get her in trouble sometimes. She is very loyal, and proud. Really critical of herself sometimes

Weapon(s): A kitchen knife, but she really doesn't like to use it. She usually just prefers to insult and ridicule people.

Other:
Last edited by MagnusBane on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:30 am
Jas says...

*Saves spot for profile*
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 am
pudin.junidf says...

Yay! I'll post I promise, as often as I can. Can I have two?

Name: Alisanne Maree Carpentier

Age (7-40):17

Appearance:She is very tall and lean and her face has quite catlike features. Her eye are green and she has a small pinched nose. Her hair is brown and long, quite silky and she keeps it quite messy but still stylish.
Spoiler! :

(pics please, if you haven’t got one be as descriptive as possible):

History (how they survived, ect. This is optional): She was born to a wealthy French family, unfortunately when she was five, her parents moved to the U.S.A and lost all the inheritance. But eventually, they overcame their lack of money and started making a good living, being able to put Alisanne in one of the best schools of California.

Alisanne grew up well after all, with all the commodities a child could have. Her parents, or at least her mother, was always at home and when she was seven her mother gave birth to her sister who was named Christine, after her father's grandmother. It was a good life for her.

But things started changing when she turned eleven, her mother and father were almost never at home now, so she started cutting, it started just like something she did to get out the stress from school, but it just increased as she grew up. It was her best kept secret.

The week before the catastrophe had been her best week ever since her parents were at home and had decided to stay a while, her ballet performance had been great and her school grades were straight A. But it all changed that day when the disaster came and everything just disappeared for her. Her family was killed by the earthquake leaving her alone, alone facing all the dangers that were left.

It had been difficult at first since she had no place to go, but she knew that in this moment it was the survival of the fittest so she fought for her life each second that ticked by.

Personality: She was quite nerdy, her whole life was dedicated to studying and striving for a better future for her and her little sister.She was already a loner, not because she wanted to but because she was shy. Her friends were very few although she was a good friend, extremely loyal and able to do whatever she had to do to save a friend. Unfortunately, after the 2012 catastrophe, she was never the same.

Weapon(s): She was really good with guns since her father always took her with him hunting or shooting whatever she found.

Other:She's really shy but is still up for love, so she might be seem quite distant at first but its just because she's shy.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:18 pm
Theodorable says...

Of course you can have two :), but we can't promise that both characters will be accepted into the sb.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

I should very much like to join this my friends! :)

Name Ambrose "Amp" Moore

Age 23

Appearance

http://ellegirl.elle.com/var/ellegirl/s ... ls_com.jpg

How he survived Ever since the day he was born he's been a theif. The only life he's ever know is one where he steals. His mother lost her home and they lived together in places they could find. They begged. They stole. And to earn extra money his mother...did stuff (which I'm sure you get) and became pregnant with his sister.

She couldn't afford doctor's of course so when she had the baby girl it messed her up. She died from diseases she had picked up not even seven year later.

So ten year old Amp and seven year old Maddie were left to fend for themselves. They knew how to survive some of the roughest things but, unfortunately, Maddie didn't make it. Ambrose did.

Personality Bitter and protective. He doesn't trust other guys and tends to be close to females. Not because he can really relate to them but because he can see his sister in them. He wants nothing more than to see her again. He would do anything to see her and still believes she may be alive. He never found her body.

Weapons He's a street fighter and he might not look like it, but very strong. His most dangerous weapon his him. He's strong and agile. He would probably win a fight if it didn't involve guns or such. He carries several hidden daggers (though he prefers to use his hands) just in case.

Up for love Sure. Be careful. :wink: He may seen nice, considerate, but he's still a thief at heart.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:40 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

So... When are we gonna, you know, discuss our awesome SB? We need this one to survive. :P
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:03 pm
Theodorable says...

Gasper and I are going to go over the applications and see who's in and who's out. Then we'll start planning.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

261 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Mwahahahahaaaa! *cough* Sounds good. :D
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:18 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Okay, we have results everyone!

Those of you who didn't get in, please don't take it personally. It was a really hard decision for us.

Mr.Knightley, AquaMarine, magnusbanefan13, WhiteTiger93, Apple, Elinor Brynn, and Irishfire, you guys are all in. Congratulations! *throws confetti everywhere*
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:18 pm
AquaMarine says...

Ohmygod, this is such a surprise! *hands cookies*
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm
Elinor says...

Whoo! This made my day. Thanks guys, and I can't wait to start the storybook! :D

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:51 pm
irishfire says...

*runs around in a circle, arms flailing* SPWEEEEEEEEE!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Yay! Thanks Gssp and Teddy! :D I've had Amp's character in mind for a little while now and I'm so stoked to have him in this SB! :D
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

261 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Um...I has a question. What are the SB rules? Is language/violence/sexual stuff/etc allowed? I just want to get a vibe for it, so I can keep it in mind for future posts. :D

Lady Gaga

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Language is fine, just not too bad. Violence is okay, but don't do it in too much detail. Sexual stuff... kissing and such is okay, but anything beyond that... No.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather