z

Young Writers Society

Ashes to Ashes DT (Applications closed!)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

This is the DT! Apply to join the sb in here, and after we start discuss... stuff.

And, as a recap as to what I said in the actual thread...

On the subject of profiles, I only want people who are willing to post regularly and write decent posts. (Decent being not ignoring anyone, leaving people behind, ect, and long-ish posts. At least a paragraph. Also, I’d really appreciate it if people would actually put some effort into using proper grammar and spelling). So if you want to join write up your profile and post it in the DT. Teddybear22 and I will pick ten characters. You can have up to two.

Link to the SB: post667940.html#p667940

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Teddybear22 and I are now in the process of seeing who gets in and who doesn't. We'll hopefully have results for you within the next couple of days.

-----

My profiles!

Name: Natalie

Age (7-40): 17

Appearance (pics please, if you haven’t got one be as descriptive as possible): download/file.php?id=3735

History (how they survived, ect. This is optional):

Personality: Brave and strong-minded, Natalie is one of those people that would throw herself in front of a bullet to save a complete stranger. She’s stubborn and protective, especially of her younger sister Kelsey. She believes that with some hard work, the planet can be salvaged.

Weapon(s): A revolver and a machete. She knows self-defense and a mix of martial arts.

Other: Up for love, is almost impossible to separate from her sister Kelsey.

---

Name: Kelsey

Age (7-40): 9

Appearance (pics please, if you haven’t got one be as descriptive as possible): http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x307 ... dChild.jpg

Personality: Curious, maybe too curious. She tends to run off without telling anyone, and doesn’t like getting help from people, normally assuming that she can manage on her own. This has caused Natalie all sorts of trouble. She doesn’t like how protective her sister is, but puts up with it.

Weapon(s): None, but her sister taught her everything she knows of self-defense and a mix of martial arts.

Other: She’s pretty young to be up for love, don’t you think? :P Her only remaining relative is Natalie, and she doesn’t remember much before the apocalyptic events.
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:24 pm
Theodorable says...

Here's mine:

Name: Kyle

Age (7-40): 18

Appearance : Kyle Shorter hair.

History (how they survived, ect. This is optional): Kyle was in his lab, underground when everything struck. He had stashes of food and supplies that had stored there in case he was going to be spending months or weeks inventing something, but it turned out to be his survival shelter.

Personality: He’s very in the moment. He’s funny when he has his moment, but he can be serious when the time calls for it. He has random bursts of bravery and confidence, and he normally gets in trouble for it.

Weapon(s): He knows technology really well. He can create trackers and infiltrate areas that are hard to get into. He has a long staff that has magnetic shocks that send people into spasms.

Other: Up for love, can you handle "the nerd of all nerds"?
Last edited by Theodorable on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 pm
AquaMarine says...

Name: Anton Hinton

Appearance: Image
Obviously without the flowers. :D

History: Might fill this in later. But it doesn't really affect his character that much. Suffice to say, his family is dead. He mainly survived through sheer chance.

Personality: Anton is, in most respects, just a nice guy. Before the apocalypse, he managed to sail through life pretty easily, getting through with slightly better-than-average grades and an optimistic outlook. Now that all of that is gone, Anton is trying to retain the same easy-going outlook, but has had to toughen up a little (or a lot!) to deal with the world as it is now. He thinks that the planet could hopefully be salvaged, but has no idea how this would happen or what he could do.

Weapon(s): He picked up an old knife along the road, and has got pretty good at aiming stones. When he was younger he went to a couple of shooting ranges so he could probably use a gun if he found one. He doesn't know much self-defence, though.

Other: Up for love. Will hopefully get a little less useless as time moves on.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm
irishfire says...

I'm in :D

Name: Saint Shepper

Appearence: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yqQJe8VD5Ek/S ... 2Bhair.jpg

Without the percings though...

History: Lost her entire family in the process and is devasted. (Thats all I can think of right now lol)

Personality: Because shes in grief shes very moody at times. When shes in a good mood shes open and laughing and nice, when shes in a bad mood, you should just run. Run and hide for she will eat your face if you rub her the wrong way.

Weapons: She carries a longsword around with her.

Other: Up for love and is a water elemental :3
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Rosëanna DeMarzo

Age (7-40): 24

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

History: She was a member of the disguise team for the FBI. She helped people disguise themselves when they went and did spy-work. Before that she had worked in movies, most noteably starwars and the third harry potter movie as a make-up artist for the monster sharacters.

Personality: She is a very bright, witty and fun-loving girl. She can work miracles with a makeup brush and loves to have fun with friends. She dresses very stylishly and walks with head held high. She is very confident, but loves to help others. she cares a great deal about hoesty and intergrity.

Weapon(s): The heel of her shoe, and she also caries around a small crowbar. She prefers hand-to-hand combat though. It seems more honest to to her.

Other: She speaks six languages: Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Chinease and latin. Her usual language is Italian, though, because her whole family was Italain and she as born-and-raised in italy. No accent.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm
Elinor says...

Name
Carolyn "Cara" Rose-Miller

Appearance
Taken just two weeks before the fatal apocalypse, this picture shows Cara in a happy moment-smiling. Her luscious dark brown hair, deep, chocolate eyes and hourglass figure were envied by all of her friends. Although she now is a bit worn down, she still retains the natural beauty shown in this photograph.

History
Cara was born on March 5th, 1994, in Chicago, Illinois. Her given name was Carolyn, but ever since was twelve years old, she went by "Cara" because she hated her given name. She was an excellent student in school, getting straight As. In addition to that, she was a track star and the student council president.

Cara was a very conventional person, and when she first heard about the 2012 theory, she was fourteen years old and found it amusing, making constant jokes about it with her friends and wondering how people could be so stupid.

It was around that time that she started to take an interest in photography. Starting off with just the camera in her cell phone, she took all kinds of pictures-of nature, food, furniture, her friends. When her mom bought her a digital camera for her fifteenth birthday, she loved it even more and started to think seriously about becoming a photojournalist.

When the disaster struck, she was a senior in high school. That previous summer, her father had enrolled her at a small camp in the north part of the state, knowing that she would come home with necessary survival skills and knowledge. At first-Carolyn thought it had been useless, but she was able to remember and apply her skills-seeking proper shelter, using tactics for getting rid of germs and making campfires using the broken debris around her. She hoped that would stop, but it didn't. The hardest part was watching her family die when she could nothing about it. Now she is alone, wandering the barren world for company.

Personality

Cara is a very sweet and well-meaning young woman who has been traumatized by the events of 2012. Since the disaster, she started suffering from many diseases, including dyslexia, insomnia, and post traumatic stress disorder. She often snaps and is obsessed with memories-drowning herself in them whenever possible. She feels guilty for dismissing the disaster as joke, and often cries to herself. Cara keeps her favorite novel, Tarzan of the Apes, close to her, which triggers memories of when she was small and her parents read it aloud to her.

As annoying and as mean as she seem, she is a very nice and sweet girl who has been greatly changed by the recent trauma.

Weapon

Before she escaped, she was able to put together a knapsack of survival gear-in it she included a hunting knife.

Other:

Often prone to accidents and tears, and up for love-her boyfriend was one of the first to die when the disaster hit Detroit, and she wishes to be in the arms of another again.
Last edited by Elinor on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

I'll post one for you to pick, if you want! But I'm really short on time right now, so I'll try tomorrow! Don't leave without me. :P
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:58 am
Apple says...

Can I join....I'll post a profile later! :elephant:
I spy!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 am
Apple says...

Name:
Eve "Evee" Munroe

Appearance:
Evee has short brown hair that flicks up around the middle of her neck. Her deep hazel brown eyes often look moss green from far away. Evee is often taken as a cild because of her red chubby yet slim cheeks. She is rather tall for her age though it is her legs that give her her height. Also, she has a rather minor yet painful burn on her thigh which often causes her to limp.

Evee was a child of three. Being in the middle she was often taken as the black sheep of the group because of her nature. Instead of taking after her older sister in ballet or finding a decent chaperone, she would pretend to be a pirate and use her mother and fathers bed as her galliant ship.

When she was seven she was sent away to an all girls ballet academy for the rich, where she was forced to learn etiquette and ballet. Though Evee never forgot about the imaginary boat and thrill of the sea she had often loved so.

The catastrophe started a day after she graduated and was to return to her family for the first time in many years. Though this thought of meeting was destroyed when a commet hit the school sending it into flames. She was the only one to escape with only a minor burn to her thigh.

Evee can't help but feel responsible feeling that she may have been able to save others lives instead of running from what use to be her home.

Personality:
Thought of to be a dreamer and an optimist, Evee takes a childish look on the Earth. She never takes anything seriously and throws caution to the wind causing others a lot of havoc who follow in her wake. Though, she is a lot smarter than people take her credit for. Being one of the heighest achievers in her grade she loves nothing more than a problem to solve.

Weapon(s):
Evee managed to salvage part of what use to be the head masters japanese fan. This fan was made with a metal edge for hitting poeple or offenders over the head or the top part is sharpened to cut through skin.

Other:
Up for love, though she acts as if it is the most disgusting thing on Earth.
Last edited by Apple on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
I spy!

261 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:53 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Name: Aleksei (Alec) Moriskova

Age (7-40): 16

Appearance (pics please, if you haven’t got one be as descriptive as possible):

I'm not sure how to find a picture that matches someone's description, so I'll just explain it myself: Alec is tall and athletic, with a skinny build and a handsome face, albeit in a dark sort of way. He's extremely fast, and used to run in regional marathons (many of which he won). He has light brown hair, cut short, and green eyes. His build is that of a runner, so he's got a more natural body. Anything else? Hm... I can't think. If I'm missing something, please tell me! :D

History (how they survived, etc. This is optional):

Alec was orphaned during the beginning of the apocalypse-thing, leaving him alone. His family had been on the run from the meteor showers, and fled for the shelter of an abandoned bulkhead situated in a wide expanse of plains. His sister, still only a girl and somewhat ignorant of their situation, begged Alec to go back and retrieve her dearest possession, a small platinum pendant in the shape of a crescent moon, which she had lost outside. He ran to do her bidding, but just as he reached solid earth outside, a flaming meteor struck the roof of the house, smashing it to smithereens. He searched in vain for signs of life, but his father, his mother, and his sister had all been killed. He now wears the moon charm on a piece of leather attached to his wrist.

Personality:

Alec used to be fun-loving and energetic, but after the death of his sister he lost a lot of personality and turned inward. He's somewhat quiet, and dislikes talking to more than one person at a time. People can often see his eyes go distant and glazed with painful memories, and it's extremely difficult to knock him out of the trance once it starts. He's very serious and down to business, but extremely loyal if you win his heart (romantically, friendship, etc).

Weapon(s):

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/csstoreonline_2094_3437344 (Minus all the lettering and artwork stuff) These are real knives, and can cut through a 1" thick braided rope in a single slice, among other awesome things. He holds one in each hand, and prefers them above everything else.

Other:

Up for love, but in a possessive, you're-never-gonna-leave-me kind of way. He's not violent, really, but he's very worried about being hurt.

EDIT: I forgot! Alec wanders the plains where his family died, claiming it as his own in a way. He still stays away from the exact location, though.

*I think this could be a good way for some of the characters to meet each other* :P
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm
Kamas says...

*saves spot*
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

436 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:44 pm
AquaMarine says...

*showers Gasper and Teddie with cookies*
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 pm
Theodorable says...

Thanks AM, they're quite tasty. ;)
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

436 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 pm
AquaMarine says...

I know, right? :D

-Spock.

261 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Bribery. 'Tis appalling what people get away with these days. *showers Crock Pot and Teddy with chocolate covered cookies*

Because I'm awesome. :|

Lady Gaga

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare