z

Young Writers Society

How to stay alive? (for 24 hours)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:32 pm
Ray112 says...

My idea is that we all start off describing small scenes giving hints to how our characters might've died then we each like start our days over and meet at a cafe or something which is where we start noticing clues. Anybody have any other ideas?
"Insert life changing statement"

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 pm
foxfire says...

oh...i have an idea...i got this from a movie called, "run lola run"

how about we start at the time that we're actually dying...then just before we actually die, time began to move backwards to the time before the murder...

by that, we recall nothing about the murder but through clues, we may get some flashback or something...
i think we would meet...let me see...by the cafe...

that's my idea...
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 pm
Ray112 says...

Hey! I like that one fox fire. That's kinda what I was thinkin like I have this scene of my character opening his desk drawer and finding a note stuffed in the corner with a coded message or him opening his locker and finding objects he doesn't remember placing in it. that kinda thing.
"Insert life changing statement"

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 am
Firearris says...

That sounds like a good idea to me! :D
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm
VoiceToBeHeard says...

I like this idea. So let me get this straight, we do a scene of our charater's getting murdered, then we start the day over again and find clues? But does our character still ger murdered? And do the notes tell us to meet at the cafe?
"When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't."
-Casper

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:14 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I think that we should start with our characters being murdered and then starting the day over again.

The first day should feel kind of deja vu-ish. Like, "oh this feels familiar" type stuff. Then the next day they really feel it and eventually figure out they are living one day over and over again due to the clues. If that makes sense at all...

Also as for them meeting, they wouldn't really know the others were going throught he same thing. Maybe we just pick a place that they are all at at a certain time. (such as, they are all in or around this cafe at noon that day). They eventually figure out the others are going through the same thing.

When I think of the clues I also think of the note thing...like my character comes across a note saying something like "something strange is happening, I feel like I'm living the same day over again". or something a little more vague than that.

Wow that was long, but those are my thoughts.
Got YWS?

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian