Young Writers Society

Wasted Discussion Thread

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:33 am
View Likes
StolenHearts. says...

Of course if you hadn't have i would have claimed her rofl :]
they'll make the cutest couple...well in my head haha.
I'm so excited to begin!!!
You don't know how long ive been wanting to write D:

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 pm
Mo. says...

This looks SO cool! :D

Name: Asavari Onianen

Birthday: 28th December

Appearance 5'4 (Short) and curvy - but still thin, (very proud of her curves, as they are unusual for Malums). Wears tight clothes, (it's hard for her to get Malum clothes to suite her physique). Piercing light blue eyes, like ice, and very bright. Light blonde hair, and very pale skin. Very pretty, delicate bone structure, but has hidden strength.

Personality: Very stern, and hates male/female generalisation. Against anything sexist. Strong willed, and able to accomplish almost anything if she puts her mind to it.

Knowledge of the Old Language: Fluent, can decipher codes, has a great fascination in the ancient history of her kind.

Style: Very neat, and particular. Tries to do everything she does with elegance and perfection. The main thing she lives by: Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Occupation: Scientist, mainly on crystals, but branches out into other topics. She's also very interested in space.

Picture: Image
Up for love? Who wants to be her betrothed? :D
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

oops! I totally forgot about this storybook. I'll try and post tomorrow, it's just that pre-christmas festivals in my small town are starting tonight and Sunday!!! :O
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:41 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Tex, who's in the dune buggy? Could it be my character Lance since he's being transferred to position of guard....or do you already have everything figured out???! :O
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 pm
TexanWriter says...

To be honest, I was hoping some else would figure something out. That was totally spontaneous, and I've been trying to think of how it would help the story. By all means, put Lance in it. Go right ahead.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Light_Devil! says...

Still possible to join? If so, well . . here's my character. :P

Name: Sterling Regis.

Age: (also, might as well change the age just to make it a little different) 19.

Birthday: 1/06/93

Appearance Sterling has renamed himself based on his looks. He has silvery blonde hair which shimmers in the heat of the day and has retained the glow from the light crystals. His eyes are cobalt blue with small golden flecks sprinkled around randomly. His skin colour is oddly quite dark - a resistant gene passed down throughout his family from the times when his race was free. He's quite tall for his race and rather thin, but he is fast, except he's inherently clumsy.

Personality: Sterling is a very cocky, self-assured person who knows what he can do and what he can't. He has a very optimistic take on life. Sterling is sometimes rather conceited. (I mean honestly google his last name - Regis). He has a tainted sense of humour and loves to tease people. His outlook is usually cheerful, but at times it degrades and eventually he is left feeling depressed.

Knowledge of the Old Language: Very little, he enjoys different languages more than his own.

Style: He wears only the most unfashionable things. You can usually find him in leggings and a long shirts - usually in completely bizarre templates and colours with random things hanging off them. If he's not wearing a long shirt he will wear a dress shirt with long gloves. He loves hoodies and usually sports a dog collar around his neck and it will commonly contrast with his actual main colour (if he has one. :P).

Occupation:(Sorry, thought it looked interesting)Is scientist alright then? :P

Picture: Uhhh, I'll look for one, don't think I'll be able to find one though, ^^". If I do, it'll probably be an anime picutre anyway. :P

Up for love? Anyone willing to be his betrothed?
Last edited by Light_Devil! on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

88 Reviews

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:10 am
TexanWriter says...

Light_Devil, I just have to say, being sixteen he isn't even a legal adult yet. Just like you can't become a congressman or the like until way past entering adulthood, you can't become a senator as a teenager. Either make him a lot older (as in, make him at least 25) or change his occupation, please.

People are getting unnaturally creative with the characters, so I'm going to close the application box. No new characters.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

88 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:17 am
TexanWriter says...

Also, everyone, Malums aren't really known for their sense of smell. Eyesight, maybe, but they sniff only as well as we do.

-Albert Einstein

73 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:21 am
Light_Devil! says...

Oh, well . . . normal people CAN smell fumes from cars . . . I think. (in referral to Sterling smelling something in the air.)
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

88 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:01 am
TexanWriter says...

Ah. Good point. It's just that Billy also made it seem like they had an above normal sense of smell, so I just wanted to clarify before the species mutated into something totally different, as it can with multiple writers. Nice post, by the way.

-Albert Einstein

73 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 am
Light_Devil! says...

Why, thank you. ^^ I think this is going to be an awesome SB.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

88 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 am
TexanWriter says...

Light_Devil! wrote:(Ahh, it's alright. A lot of people's characters ending up hating mine a lot. *sigh* I just must make horrible fictional people up.)

No, I like your character. Really. I think that it's just Isis not appreciating him trying to be the hero. It's her fault. I really like Sterling. He's a cute little dork if I ever saw one ;) (trust me, that's a compliment.)

-Albert Einstein

73 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 am
Light_Devil! says...

Aww, thank you! :) Not many people think that, however, which makes for interesting, conflicting SB. Ahh, I wish my character wasn't the one who always caused the conflict. :P
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

88 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:55 am
TexanWriter says...

In any attempt to revive this, we need to plot. What ideas do you have? Here's what I had planned when I was still planning on making this a novel, not a SB.

[/spoiler]
Humans come and study us, being "adopted" by families to really learn what we're going through.
They learn about the crystals, and everyone, human and Malum, gets separated into giving the humans this technology so they can return to civilazation or hiding before the humans do something unusually stupid.
War. Drama. Whatever. I throw my hands up here.
[/spoiler]

Please, give us your ideas so we can fuse them and make a real, exciting plot!

-Albert Einstein

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I like the idea of humans coming to live with the Malums. And then conflict over giving them the technology. Perhaps even a war could break out among the Malums when people disagree? I don't know how possible that is, but its an idea.
Got YWS?

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain