z

Young Writers Society

The Ecstasy of Gold: A Mercenary Tale discussion.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 am
ridersofdamar says...

it works now :) first time i dont know what it was it had (img) an adress then (img/) and then nothing.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:22 am
View Likes
tanith14 says...

Excellent! I hope everyone has seen the maps, if there are any questions, just ask.

Helensa is pretty much a jungle, especially alone the coast line and down the major river. It would have been too much effort to draw trees :thud:
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

41 Reviews

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:01 pm
tanith14 says...

Alright guys, good work on the tavern brawl. But we need an exit. Mikael, would you be so kind as to provide us with an exit? I am sure that big hammer would do wonders on the wall behind us.

As for a distraction as we run away, how about we start a nice fire as we slip out the back door. :wink:

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:33 am
Incognito says...

Okay guys,
My character is mainly joining this group because she hates Casion. She doesn't like finding her own faults and always thinks she is right. As soon as she is for sure in, she will seem like such a bizarre character because she has those multiple personalities that she hides behind. It is her actual self that I displayed mostly in the last couple posts, and her thoughts will reflect her.

I thought adding conflict in the group would be a bit more fun. And because she doesn't know any of your peoples names, at some point in time make sure she notices them. It is kind of boring just writing 'that guy said this, and that other guy said that'.

I believe this will be fun. ;)
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Incognito wrote:Okay guys,
My character is mainly joining this group because she hates Casion. She doesn't like finding her own faults and always thinks she is right. As soon as she is for sure in, she will seem like such a bizarre character because she has those multiple personalities that she hides behind. It is her actual self that I displayed mostly in the last couple posts, and her thoughts will reflect her.

I thought adding conflict in the group would be a bit more fun. And because she doesn't know any of your peoples names, at some point in time make sure she notices them. It is kind of boring just writing 'that guy said this, and that other guy said that'.

~Incognito

I hope you don't mind the tad bit of conflict I made between Rosaline and Bastilla, it might very well make for an interesting story :P
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 pm
tanith14 says...

FinalFreedom wrote:
Incognito wrote:Okay guys,

~Incognito

I hope you don't mind the tad bit of conflict I made between Rosaline and Bastilla, it might very well make for an interesting story :P

It's perfect ladies.

Can someone write a post us setting making camp? I will be very busy tonight and will only be able to get us to Von Clarif's stronghold on friday before I am on the road for six hours (hurray long car drives).

Thanks guys, it's really looking like a great story so far!

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 pm
TexanWriter says...

When you guys make camp, if you could send out some scouts or something, I'll have Aaron run into a thief or the such then run into the woods. Perhaps you could find her (who most think is a him) wounded/armed/drunk or the like. If this idea is trash forget I said anything, but I really want to get into the story A.S.A.P., it looks so fun!
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

127 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 pm
Incognito says...

I think it would be epic if Rosaline and Bastilla had a little but of conflict. I believe it would work out great.

Tex, I will see what we have posted so far, and I will try to get you in. But most likely, my character will have to stay back and talk to Casion. Thanks for the review by the way! You certainly are great at reviewing art. ;o

~Incognito

17 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:09 pm
FinalFreedom says...

I feel bad about this, kind of as if I'm dominating the story book xD Especially since Germine hasn't posted yet, nor has Tristin.. should give them a chance, but hey, I'll give them something to work on.

I'll pull you in now Tex.

Oh, and just to let you all know, I'm trying to base the scars on Rosaline's arm and the fact she refuses to tell Desmond her history on maybe her being wanted in Calidan? Just a tad bit of extra conflict, which will make this story much more interesting down the road than it already is :P Didn't think it was possible :lol:
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

127 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:52 pm
Incognito says...

Or, if you really want some back conflict, you can make Rosaline wanted in Raelhiem for treason against the Count. Maaybe you could have made Rosaline try to kill Bastilla's father. That could provide even more reason why she doesn't like Bastilla. They could run her out of Raelhiem, and then because of the Count's anger, I believe she could be wanted in more then one place.

Just a random suggestion. xD

You know, FinalFreedom, I feel like I am taking over the storybook more then you. xDD
Where is Germine and Tristin?

~Incognito

41 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:10 pm
tanith14 says...

I won't be around for a few days, so please keep posting in my absence. My mother just had surgery and I need to get back home to check in on her.

Until then, stay at camp and patrol in groups. This is character building time, backstory etc.

I am very excited about this! Great job guys. You know what to do from here I think.

1. Patrol
2. Tie Bastilla up for the night (Brunn wins)
3. Desmond and Ros talk
4. Casion and Ros have a talk (leaving this up to you, basically Casion will admit he had an affair with the Colonel's daughter.
5. Get our drunkard patched up!

17 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:27 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Incognito wrote:Or, if you really want some back conflict, you can make Rosaline wanted in Raelhiem for treason against the Count. Maaybe you could have made Rosaline try to kill Bastilla's father. That could provide even more reason why she doesn't like Bastilla. They could run her out of Raelhiem, and then because of the Count's anger, I believe she could be wanted in more then one place.

Just a random suggestion. xD

You know, FinalFreedom, I feel like I am taking over the storybook more then you. xDD
Where is Germine and Tristin?

~Incognito

Pure brilliance :P I shall go with that, then XD
Anti-Peta.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:53 pm
ridersofdamar says...

so, is there anything I can do? I feel like I haven't posted in a while.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 pm
TexanWriter says...

Well, you could wake up Aaron. Other than that, I don't want to speak for anyone else.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:35 am
Griffinkeeper says...

My character is kind of hanging out in the opening right now, since I need you guys to arrive at the base before I can introduce my character.

Maybe you guys can stabilize Aaron, but in order to heal her, you need to get her to a hospital in the base. Since magic is rare and none of the characters are trained field medics, then getting Aaron to the hospital would make sense.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

find your aesthetic and flaunt it
— manilla