z

Young Writers Society

The Ecstasy of Gold: A Mercenary Tale discussion.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:58 pm
tanith14 says...

ridersofdamar wrote:sorry!! didnt know you wanted that, ill switch soon... Ive never done it before though. ><

NP.

Hey ladies and gents, let's make sure we are working on the same page. We have two characters who are outside the door, then inside, then outside again. Please pay attention and add on from what other's have written. Not mad, just sayin 8)

Alright, this story is looking really good so far! Keep up the good work! :elephant:
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:31 pm
ridersofdamar says...

so, after we get all of the characters signed up, will we be staying in town, or leaving on a mission? Just curious.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:59 pm
tanith14 says...

ridersofdamar wrote:so, after we get all of the characters signed up, will we be staying in town, or leaving on a mission? Just curious.

we will be traveling to the military where there will be a little basic training before our services are bought by a mysterious patron.

Then the real fun starts 8)

42 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:29 pm
ridersofdamar says...

so do we have an actual map to look at, or should we make up where in the regions the cities are?
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:33 pm
tanith14 says...

ridersofdamar wrote:so do we have an actual map to look at, or should we make up where in the regions the cities are?

We have one... the pictures just need to be uploaded. It was 3AM by the time the map was done and my friend is out of town for the weekend. Should be up by tonight for sure!

42 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:39 pm
ridersofdamar says...

ok sweet!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:44 pm
Incognito says...

You never included Raelheim. ;o
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

41 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 pm
tanith14 says...

Incognito wrote:You never included Raelheim. ;o

Raelheim is a city.

41 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:47 pm
tanith14 says...

Bad news, we lost the cord for the camera :(

If you have any pressing needs to know where a city is (would probably be good for your characters) pm me and I will help you out based on the map.

Right now in the story let's finish our introductions and what not. We will be ready for Von Clarif's camp by next week. In other words, this week should be focused on developing your character and social interactions between characters. Focus on developing those working relationships before we head to camp on friday.

Sound good?

EDIT: Ok obviously there is a lot going on in that last post so I better clear things up. Helesa has a problem like highway men and other thugs taking advantage of traders and what not in their jungles. About sixty years ago a large group of Wolfengrad traders was killed during their travels in Helesa. The Kings cousin, Rever, was one of those slain. The King sent some units of Wolfenguard into Helesa. The unstable (but capable) Helesean government responded by unleashing their own troops on the invaders causing political chaos between the two kingdoms. The Wolfenguard were unprepared for the skirmishes and had a hard time navigating the jungles and got their butts handed to them before a peace treaty was signed between the two nations. Hence the tension there.

Minesse is divided up into many different "lands" controlled by the nobility. Like any good feudalistic nation, they have constant infighting between the nobility and because Minesse has no king (hasn't for two hundred years), the nobles are always squabbling for power and the title of Grand Marshal, essentially the ruler of Minesse. The Grand Marshal can declare war against other nations and demand loyalty from the nobles, but he cannot declare war against any noble in Minesse. He also has the authority to raise taxes etc etc. So while the Minesseans are getting ready for war, they are also fighting over who will have the title of Grand Marshal. Hence the reason a rival nobles guards would be after Casion. :smt001

Example of a typical Minessean soldier with a uniform
Last edited by tanith14 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

127 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:44 pm
Incognito says...

Okay! That sounds great!

One thing I need help to figure out is how I am going to get Bastilla to join this group of mercenaries. She has a thirst for adventure as shown in the last post, and she is not swayed by money. I made her help out your group of mercenaries fighting, if any of you feel like bringing her in from there. If not, I will do what I usually do and force my way in. xD

Is there any particular relationships going on now between any characters?

~Incognito

EDIT: Nevermind. We have it figured out. ;D
Don't mind most of that post, but my last question still stands.

42 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Tristin has none, and a far as i know none of the others do either. Youd probably want to ask them though

41 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:08 pm
tanith14 says...

If you mean a love relationship, I don't think so... though my character is up for love...

AND WITH NO FURTHER ADO!

Last edited by tanith14 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

42 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:15 pm
ridersofdamar says...

Ah! it didnt work! *head explodes* :smt010

41 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:26 pm
tanith14 says...

ridersofdamar wrote:Ah! it didnt work! *head explodes* :smt010

try again mate.

127 Reviews

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:04 am
Incognito says...

I could see them both. And it is goregeous. I never have been in a storybook with this much detail put into it. I believe I will probably stick to this for the long run.

~Incognito

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro