z

Young Writers Society

The Ecstasy of Gold: A Mercenary Tale discussion.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:39 pm
tanith14 says...

Skarnors. Done and DONE! :D :D

Anyways, the map didn't get done due to microbiology, but should be done by this after noon.

Tomorrow, we start writing!

Tonight I will cry my eyes out because my childhood idol is retiring and I literally am devastated. :smt010
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 pm
tanith14 says...

Just thought I would post some pictures during lunch.

These are the guys we are fighting... :smt003

Here is basically what a state army soldier will look like, at least in my mind.

Reviews: 2
Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:53 pm
Buggy says...

You're taking microbiology too? Cool beans!
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:26 pm
tanith14 says...

Buggy wrote:You're taking microbiology too? Cool beans!

Oh not I! My friend does though, the one working on the map. She had an exam today and was unable to play "draw a map." :lol:

I think she might be joining our little coop if I can convince her to join.

So far we have...

Casion- Minessee
Brunn- Calidan
Germine- Unknown
Mikael-Wolfengrad
Tristin/yet to be determined- Calidan
Bastilla- Raelheim
Texanwriter- N/A
Desmond- Helase
Rosaline-Calidan

I think two or three more and we will be set. This is a good group... lots of Watchers here :wink:

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:07 pm
View Likes
TalaPaulwic says...

Lets get this started. I check in every time there is a new post. We should start before I'm not so interested.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:14 pm
Incognito says...

Okay, first off, I want to say in the beginning my character is traveling to Calidan. If any of you want to meet up with her then, or on the road, feel free to. ;)

I am quite excited for this storybook. It reminds me of a recent book I read called Dragon Bones. The title is horrible, but believe me, it was an awesome book. I am looking forward to this.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm
ridersofdamar says...

I could meet your character, hes a wanderer, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 pm
tanith14 says...

That's all fine and dandy, but I need you guys heading south from Calidan into Minessee where Brunn and Casion will be. Let Buggy and I post the first two sections because we have already discussed an intro. You guys take it from there, just remember we need you at that tavern in a few posts.

Aight cool. I will have the first post up by tomorrow at 2PM EST. Therefore if there is any changes or what have you that you might want now is the time to do it.

Buggy, check your PM

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 pm
FinalFreedom says...

I'm so looking forward to this! Very excited ^.^

So, will the intro explain why our characters are traveling, or are we up to our imaginations with that one?
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:46 pm
tanith14 says...

FinalFreedom wrote:I'm so looking forward to this! Very excited ^.^

So, will the intro explain why our characters are traveling, or are we up to our imaginations with that one?

Well kinda. Everyone knows there is a big war coming... a war that hasn't been on such an epic scale in years. The Southern Armies are beginning to mobilize in order to protect their lands against the Skarnors. Your characters are preparing to enlist in an irregular infantry unit (commanded by Captain Casion Romin). Casion is in MInesse (I decided to drop one of the e's) at the Fox Tail tavern, recruiting men to join his unit. Basically, I need al your characters to either be in the town, or near by so we can get moving.

No we are not going to be fighting in a major epic war any time soon... the Colonel is going to have a special little mission for our band of warriors... (remember the Colonel hates Casion for loving on the Colonel's daughter).

That is where the story begins.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:19 am
TexanWriter says...

I got the notion that there's some magic in this. Could you please extend on that, tanith?
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

41 Reviews

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:48 am
tanith14 says...

TexanWriter wrote:I got the notion that there's some magic in this. Could you please extend on that, tanith?

There is a little, but not very much. Very rare and very very special. In other words, common folk don't have much, much less believe in it really. This is a much darker, man on man type of fantasy world.

Great profile. Buggy I think we have enough. If someone wants to add in then we can still fit a few people in. The map is done, going to post pictures in a minute or two... gotta figure out how to do that first...

We could use one or two more characters... but not another Watcher...

41 Reviews

Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:19 pm
tanith14 says...

MAP COMPLETE!

Here is the regions with their major cities and forts/important features.

Calidan
Sakia (major)
Risskron (fort)
Extremely mountainous region.

Minesse
Bronheim (major)
Dirburg (minor)
Camosis(major)

Altridge
The College (major)
Ateneous (major)

Helensa
Helenburg (major)
The Jungle (yet to be named)

Khelis
Raelheim (major)
Aronbrok (major port city)
Daeli (minor)

Wolfengrad
Verr (major)
Wlyk (minor port city)
Sargo (major port city

Your character can by either be from one of these cities, or a minor city not made on the map. :smt001

The posts are up.

41 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 pm
tanith14 says...

Reminder to all. Please try to post in the third person. Just because you post in third doesn't mean you can't focus on your character.

Thanks,
Tanith

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:15 am
ridersofdamar says...

sorry!! didnt know you wanted that, ill switch soon... Ive never done it before though. ><
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu