z

Young Writers Society

The Ecstasy of Gold: A Mercenary Tale discussion.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 pm
tanith14 says...

Figured I should make one sense we are about to get the party started. I am looking forward to it. As soon as the map is complete. I am pretty excited about this! :mrgreen:

So far our characters are...
Brunn Mavalian
Casion Romin
Germine Taylors

I'll update the list as we get more people.
If there is one thing in the world I CAN'T stand it is the Redwings.

Reviews: 2
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Buggy says...

I'm really psyched about this thread!
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:50 pm
ridersofdamar says...

if people stick with it I could definately see this going far. I hope it does, im sick of all the storybooks with potential dying out because no one wants to stick with them.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 pm
tanith14 says...

I am pretty committed to this. I have never tried it on this site before but I really had a positive experience with it a couple years back. Part of the reason these storybooks (especially fantasy ones) fail is due to the lack of setting. I hope a map and a rough sketch of plot will give us direction as to where we are going and where we want to be by the last sword str... I mean pen stroke.

42 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 pm
ridersofdamar says...

sings *FOOOORRRRREEEESSSSSHHHHAAAADDDDOOOOWWWWIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG*
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:17 pm
tanith14 says...

Oh my. This will to be a fun thread indeed. :smt065

42 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 pm
ridersofdamar says...

:smt065 :piratedthread: :smt068 :smt063 :smt026 :smt027 :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

couldnt resist...

41 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:00 pm
tanith14 says...

You would be so screwed if I was able to post HF smilies. That is a legion of over 200 smilies that I would have at my disposal... :twisted:

Anyways, we need a good name for the Bad Guys (aka the Northerners.) Anybody got some good ideas?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 pm
Incognito says...

You could always try my strategy and combine english words with another language. Russian works great, French is alright. xD

Before, I was one of those people guilty of getting really into it and then when everyone started leaving I would keeping it going and then I would join too many and I would forget about some, and then I vamooshed. I vanished into thin air. I disappeared from the Storybooks altogether. Though I have inspiration for this one, and the last one I had inspiration for never seemed to end even when it got down to three people writing it. Fun times, fun times. ;)

Man I just noticed, I am in the rambling mood tonight.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 am
tanith14 says...

Incognito wrote:You could always try my strategy and combine english words with another language. Russian works great, French is alright. xD

Before, I was one of those people guilty of getting really into it and then when everyone started leaving I would keeping it going and then I would join too many and I would forget about some, and then I vamooshed. I vanished into thin air. I disappeared from the Storybooks altogether. Though I have inspiration for this one, and the last one I had inspiration for never seemed to end even when it got down to three people writing it. Fun times, fun times. ;)

Man I just noticed, I am in the rambling mood tonight.
~Incognito

Welcome welcome. Always good to have another set of swords around. The one issue that I could see with your character profile is all the men that follow Bastilla. Can we compromise and make it either a man or a woman who goes with her? Too many people in what is supposed to be a small group... what do you think?

127 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:06 am
Incognito says...

Okay, they were just random guards that were stationed with her. I was planning on giveing them the slip in the beginning. I could just make it one person, but the reason why I said many was because I didn't want to become to attatched to one and end up making him a character, after all we are only allowed one.

I will just make it one person though if you want to. ;)
~Incognito

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 am
tanith14 says...

Incognito wrote:Okay, they were just random guards that were stationed with her. I was planning on giveing them the slip in the beginning. I could just make it one person, but the reason why I said many was because I didn't want to become to attatched to one and end up making him a character, after all we are only allowed one.

I will just make it one person though if you want to. ;)
~Incognito

Oh that makes more sense.... lol. I was very confused as to what you were planning but this is perfect lol. You had me worried. I guess I should have had more faith. :smt023

127 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:29 am
Incognito says...

First thing you learn with me is never put too much faith on me. xD
So names... I am not quite sure. Do you want the norhterner names to match the ones in the south, like for style?

41 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 am
tanith14 says...

Incognito wrote:First thing you learn with me is never put too much faith on me. xD
So names... I am not quite sure. Do you want the norhterner names to match the ones in the south, like for style?

I dunno. We need a really good evil sounding name for them, but my creativity is hitting a brick wall. :thud:

Reviews: 2
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 am
Buggy says...

As long as this thread has other people in it, I'll be here. ^^ And if I ever stop posting, start bombarding me with PMs until I come back... that won't happen though.

Northern names, hmm... something viking-ish, I'd say. Skarnors? Birinoths? Shirvas? I dunno. If any of those are promising, go ahead.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser