z

Young Writers Society

They Call Us Heroes DT

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:44 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Post all questions/comments/and concerns here, as well as character profiles.

Let's keep the actual storybook as uncluttered as possible. :)

Spoiler! :
Characters:
Heroes:
People who showed exceptional abilities in any area were chosen for the hero program. I’d like this to stay as far away from actual “super powers” as possible (meaning things like element manipulation, shape shifting, flight, etc.) but abilities can be extremely in tune and somewhat appear as “super powers”. There are four levels of Heroes:
1. Beginner, this person has just recently been chosen for the program and has just begun training. Is typically of a younger age.
2. Second level, this person has spent a few years in the program and have learned some skills.
3. Hero-in-training, this person has spent many years in the program and is training to go out and do some actual heroing.
4. Hero, this person has completed all years of the program and can either now be a full-time hero or a hero who is also a teacher in the program. Teachers are usually retired heroes.

Name:
Specialty: (what ability they were put in the program for)
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Others:
If you really want to be involved, but don’t want to be a hero then this is your option. This category could range from Government officials, to Hero Program officials, to just regular people.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:
Got YWS?

541 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm
Lauren2010 says...

*I forgot something...add Lives as a category in the profiles. This is where he/she lives (in the facility or elsewhere).

Name: Hayley Lane, goes by Lane
Level of Hero Program: Hero
Specialty: Deception. Lane is an expert at lieing and trickery. Is also a decent shot with her handgun
Lives: At the Hero Program facility, but has recently been abroad in Italy trying to recruit and start up a facility there.
Appearance: Image
Personality: It's hard to tell when Lane is actually telling the truth, so she doesn't have many close friends. She is also annoyingly obsessed with being in the lead, and she doesn't take orders easily. Lane doesn't like being ignored or snubbed for any reason and has gotten into several fights after chasing someone down for such an offense.
Other: up for love if you can get to her
Got YWS?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:59 pm
View Likes
gsppcrocks10 says...

Name: Lheah

Level of Hero Program: Hero-in-training

Lives: In the compound.

Specialty: Lheah can read minds, and bend others to her will. If she concentrates enough she can control people.

Appearance:
AnimeGirl8.png
AnimeGirl8.png (296.97 KiB) Viewed 468 times

Personality: Lheah is curious and iquisitive, and tends to stick her nose in other people's buisness. She's sarcastic and self-confident, which can get her into trouble. She's also charismatic.

Other: up for love.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:50 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Name:
Jerri Fredrickson
Level of Hero Program:
Beginner
Specialty:
Speed, and stealth.
In training.
Appearance: Jerri Fredrickson
Personality:
Rather shy. Has a lack of trust towards most people. She wants to be helpful but cannot assert herself, or her will on others. She has low self esteem and often cries when she fails.
Other:
She was an orphan when she was young, and no one wanted her. In fact she was insulted. This gave her little to no self esteem. But she learned to run, and thus is why she is so fast. And can hide.
She is also looking for someone to pose as a sibling/parent figure for her.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 am
Bloo says...

Name: Blake Spar

Specialty: Density manipulation, and molecular structure control. It allows him to control the chemical make up of anything, and the density of it as well.

Appearance: http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/gall ... 507969.jpg

Personality: Blake is a pretty up beat guy, and sort of a goof ball. He likes yo use his powers a lot for fun. When he is around people they find it hard to be mad or sad, because he is just that positive. When they are though he usually has a knack for cheering them up. This does not mean he is any less serious on the job, he likes to joke cleverly (or what he thinks is), tries to help the enemy realize they are wrong, and only hurts when he needs to.

Other: Up for love
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 am
pudin.junidf says...

Name:Alice Grey

Level of Hero Program:Hero-in-training

Specialty: fire manipulation. She can also create fire with her mind.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality:She is very outgoing and determined. She is not very popular but still has lots of friends. She is very kind, honest and a good friend. She is a very good student and silikes irresponsability and disrespect. She has some sort of obssesive-compulsive disorder that keeps her well organized although she has now controlled it. She is very skilled and likes being a good person.

Other:She was discovered at age ten, when her house was burning and she was left inside. Whne the firefiters came to look for her, the whole room she was in was burned but she was intact. Once her parents knew this, they sent her to this school to be trained on her skills and hid from the government. She once had a boyfriend, In one of her attempts at training alone, got the house burned and he was inside. She couldnt help him and two days after died. She did not well at first, but has learned to overcome it and not is totally up for love.
she's totally up for love
Last edited by pudin.junidf on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 am
arya says...

Seeing that there are so many girls, maybe I should be a dude.
Posting later. :)

541 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:47 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Yay! So many people are joining!

Okay, so the male to female ratio currently stands at 3:2 and a lot of people claimed spots for girls. Let's just try to keep the sides decently even as we go. Thanks =)

Also, if anyone has a burning desire for a second character that is allowed.
Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:58 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Landon Carter

Specialty: Fire manipulation **Like the Human Torch=)**

Lives: At the school like most teachers, but he has an apartment in the city near the school, where he can watch for anybody with potential to enter the school.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
But with amber eyes

Personality: Landon likes making things fun for the students. He loves it when they laugh when learning about the history of heroes, which is what he teaches. He can be very fun with the students, but he knows to keep them in line. He doesn't tolerate the common things such as fighting, name calling, et cetera et cetera. However, he can be very serious, despite his fun and calm demeanor, when fighting or dealing with certain things.

Other: Up for love and he has a dog that he calls Chinook but the dog's real name is to long to pronounce. Chinook is the only animal Landon is able to communicate with due to Chinook's own powers, and Chinook is always by his side.
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:45 pm
arya says...

OK, Ill be a dude, but just so u know, I suck at writing dudes...

Name: Chase
Level of Hero Program: Hero-in-training.
Specialty: If he concentrates on stuff, they'll explode. He also is invulnerable.
Appearance: green eyes, brown blond hair.
heros2.jpg
heros2.jpg (167.43 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Personality: He is a fun, up-for-anything, outgoing, stylish guy. he is half french half American. he is a guy who you become friends with easily. he stands up for his friends. but sometimes hes a bit of a player. Girls fall for him easily, but mostly its just a game, there is nothing serious. But if he'd really fall for someone, he is a very faithful dude.
Other: Up for love and friendship.

EDIT:

Oh I forgot the Lives:
OK, Since Chase likes to travel, he is all over the world, although he owns apartments in NY, Melbourne and in Paris. So he like lives here and there. He doesn't like being in one place for long. But I guess at the moment he lives in an apartment near to school. (Or do we have to live on Campus?)
Last edited by arya on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life isn't fair,
its just fairer than death,
that's all...

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:42 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

can I have a person??? PLEASE??? ^-^ kthnxbai

Oh, and I would be a girl XP
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:13 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Ok, I'm making one anyway just so I won't forget what I was thinking. Just let me know if I'm in!

Name: Clase (she never had a "real" name)

Level of Hero: a lone Hero, so beginner I guess

Specialty: EXTREME (!!!) stealth, so like super-uber quiet and sneaky and super-uber good at hiding or blending in with her surroundings

Appearence: Tall (around 5'8"), thin, pale skin with long dark brown hair and grey eyes
**sorry, no good pics**

Personality: Mute, quiet, shy, seems stand-offish at first, but is actually just really scared of everyone. Once she trusts you and you get to know her, she's extremely funny and loves to have a good time (in a PG way, of course)

Lives: on the streets...for now ;)

Other: Clase was abandoned as a baby, and after spending several years in a secret gang, left to be on her own. Now she's simply wandering the streets, trying to survive and to stay out of sight (not that staying out of sight is very hard for her, but...)

definately up for some love ^-^

did I get everything???
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:34 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

So, when are we starting? I'm excited. *bounces* :D
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

541 Reviews

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 pm
Lauren2010 says...

of course you're in shadow :)

I think we can start today, but if anyone is still interested in joining they can! Also, I think Terri may get lonely so I'm adding another beginner character (feel free to add a second character anytime if you would like!)

Name: Danny Steele

Level of Hero: beginner

Specialty: strength, he can lift around 4 times his weight currently

Appearence: Image

Personality: Young and spirited, Danny loves being in the Hero Program and dreams of being one of the best someday. He likes to play games and have fun, and often joins in with some of the other boys to play jokes on others.

Lives: in the facility

Other:
Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:42 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Alayna Brooke Carter

Level of Hero: Beginner

Specialty: Water manipulation, like her father's fire manipulation

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
But she has bright, bright blue eyes.

Personality: She is a huge tomboy, but is usually on her own. Boys think she had 'cooties' and girls don't like throwing mud. The wimps. Alayna is very spirited and a fun-loving and she loves her dad. She's a huge daddy's girl, even though she gets teased for being a teacher's daughter.

Lives: With her father

Other: She doesn't have a mother. Her mother died when she was born and her father was crushed the day he got the news. But, it's been six years and even though he still loves his passed love, he's ready for a new relationship, and has a beautiful little girl, so he's not depressed anymore.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser