z

Young Writers Society

Midnight Call^^ DT

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Okay. So I think we've got the Marten/Samuel/Johnny thing figured out. So now on to the other matters...

1) Creating an inside man. Someone who works inside the castle who will help everyone escape or something. I like the idea of him being related to Ana and Peter (like an uncle or cousin or something) it gives him more reason to actually help them.

2) An evil character. Someone pretty powerful (sorcerer or government guy or something or other) who has some bigger reason to want people dead. Maybe has something to do with the elves? That would put Sophia, Peter, and Ana in danger. Maybe he also has an aversion to the vampire knight order thing, that would take care of Mikael too.

3) Melody has dropped out...we can just let her dissapear I think. She isn't much trouble to the plot. We can just say she ran off back home because all this is too much for her to handle.
Got YWS?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:09 pm
RayneChild says...

Okay, those all sound good :) So here's what everyone has going on:

Johnny: Wanted by both Samuel and Marten
Peter: Related to the inside man and has a connection of some kind to the bad guy
Ana: Related to the inside man and has a connection of some kind to the bad guy
Sophia: Has some kind of connection to the bad guy
Luke: Wanted by Marten
Mikael: Has some kind of connection to the bad guy
Nightfall & Daybreak: Just kinda...along for the ride lol. I guess they'll just help out wherever they're needed, because they were total loners before they went into the town, so no one really has any reason to hate them or kill them or whatever.

I'm fine with them just helping whenever they're needed. They're pretty strong and skilled fighters, so rescues are easy for them ;)

And also, we need to decided who's going to make inside man and the bad guy. I think Moo has the bad guy covered, so who wants the inside man? If no one does, I can do it :)
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:53 pm
Moo says...

I'll just throw my character up here then :)

Name: Nye

Race: Vampire

Appearance: Ghostly pale skin, slim, with dark hair. Her eye colour varies depending on her thirst, going from pinkish red to scarlet. Has a slight fragile appearance to her.

Personality: Sneaky, cunning and a brilliant liar, Nye can deceive many without much effort. Her flirty, fun demeanor fools many, as underneath the surface she is heartless and evil. Her mood can turn in a split second if you irritate her, and she will not hold back on an attack.

Abilities: Typical vampire abilities; keen senses of smell, sight, and hearing. She is immune to the effects of the sun due to the Void Stone (see below.) She has even more strength and speed than an adult vampire as she is only a fledgling. Her venom cannot change you into a vampire but it is very painful and will make you ill.

History: She met Luke as an orphan on the streets, just like he was. She attempted to pickpocket Luke, after seeing him stealing around town with a young harrier at his side. Luke whiped around in a split second after sensing her behind him, knocking her to the ground. Being a gentleman, he pulled her to her feet again and apologized, but warned her not to try it again.

From then, friendship grew between the three and they formed the most feared thieving trio in the kingdom. Nye was the brains behind the robberies and planned them, while Luke and Dakota carried them out. The latter two rose to fame in the kingdom.

Luke and Nye's friendship grew into something more when they were sixteen. Everything was good, except something was bugging Nye. She wanted to be in the limelight for once. She felt like Luke and Dakota were stealing all the fun on her. When she told Luke she wanted to participate, he forbade her from coming. Brimming with jealousy, she followed Luke and Dakota on a robbery and nearly got Luke killed, causing him to receive a near fatal injury after he tried to stop her from being hurt.

They argued, both saying horrible things to each other. Nye's jealousy took over. She left Luke to pursue her own thieving career, but could never become as infamous as her once friends. She ended up being taken to jail for a month for pickpocketing.

Upon her release, she stumbled into a forest, anger and hate filling her heart. She took shelter from a storm in a cave within the forest. But little did she know that she was within the lair of the most dreaded coven of vampires in the kingdom.

One vampire rushed to remove her from the lair, but seeing her anger and hate, he changed her into a vampire thinking that she could be of some use to the coven.

During the coven's wrath, they had many run ins with Mikael of the Iron Knights. Nye was the chosen vamp to kill Mikael, but first the coven had a more important mission.

The coven was in possession of the Void Stone, a powerful and feared artifact fueled by human souls. To fully power the stone, it required one more strong soul. Luke, the Thief King, would be perfect. Then, the coven could take over the kingdom and claim it as their own.

No longer the person she was, she set out on her quest to kill Luke and Dakota, taking out anyone who gets in her way.

*phew. It was long but anyway ;) Hope this is okay. So can we start the story again?*
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:21 pm
RayneChild says...

Cool character, Moo!

So...does anyone want to take over Marten? I'll post for Nightfall when we get it figured out.

Also, can I make the inside man? :) Pwease? Because Nightfall and Daybreak usually get good action together in the same post, so it won't be too much to handle.
---
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

541 Reviews

Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:40 pm
Lauren2010 says...

I say go for it Rayne.

So I'm guessing Nye is the bad guy? Anyways, here is what I'm thinking for Peter and Ana's connection.

Their parents were Elves and Elves and Vampires (Or at least one strong coven, perhaps the one that changed Nye?) don't quite coexist well. Let's just say they have a pretty huge rift between the races and are often in battle. Basically, Peter and Ana are pretty much fullblooded elves (though by some freak incident they don't look it). Their parents left the Elve village to protect their children from the then raging wars. Before they left Nye could have had a run in with them or one of her friends could have fallen at their hands or something, giving her a grudge against Peter and Ana.
Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:03 pm
Little Wolf says...

Sounds good, Lauren. Yeah Rayne, I would just go for it too. We need to get this story back on track and soon.

Maybe someone should post? ;) I'm going to bed now but I'll try as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. :D

-Moo

30 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:00 am
RayneChild says...

Yay! :D

Name: General Raymond McNally

Race: Half human, half elf

Appearance: Short, usually messy black hair and bright blue eyes. His skin has an olive tone. He always wears shining metal armor and under, he wears tattered, old clothes

Personality: Ray is a very nice, caring person, when he's off duty. He tries to respect all the citizens in the town and he can sometimes annoy his troops, as they think he is too soft. He's very helpful to the citizens and they respect and look up to him. However, when he's working with his troops, he's very serious and dedicates himself to doing whatever it is that Marten asks of him.

Abilities: A very skilled swordsman and an excellent connoisseur

History: Ray is the brother of Peter and Ana's mother. He was separated from his sister at a young age and was raised by his father, who was a human. His father became friends with Marten and when he died, Marten made Ray his general. Only when he did become it did he learn of what became of his sister and brother-in-law. He eventually learned that they had two kids and Ray always aspired to meet them.

Okey dokey :) I can post now! Yay!!!
---

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:16 am
Skull3670 says...

So what shall Mikael, Mr Wink the cavern troll and Sophia do?
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

541 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:42 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Maybe they should go try and find the others, then hear of Peters being captured. Or something. It really doesn't matter. They could stumble upon some greater problem involving Nye too.
Got YWS?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:53 pm
View Likes
Skull3670 says...

Mikael

Ok i have an idea. Mikael is all upset cos Sophia turned him down cos she loves Peter. This makes Mikael dark, twisty, blah, blah, blah. Anyways when he finally comes face to face with Nye he decides to join her against peter and take Mr Wink with him.

Then i can get back to evil vampirism. :)
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

541 Reviews

Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 pm
Lauren2010 says...

So everyone knows:

Peter and Ana's parents names are Alana and Tamus Killedurenn (or something like that).

Peter and Ana's last name is Kille, changed once their parents left the elven village.
Got YWS?

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:19 pm
RayneChild says...

Lauren, in response to your last post on the storybook, I just made Ray turn 'human' because he spent so much time away from the elves. Maybe the elf village has some special aura around it, and whenever anyone leaves they gradually start turning into a human? Or something, I dunno :P

Also, one more aspect of Nightfall that I never mentioned. In all of her cat forms, her face stays a blondish color so that you can see her tattoo, and the rest of her is black. I just thought I should share because my plans for her re-capture involve the knowledge of her tattoo ;)
---

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:33 pm
Buggy says...

Hey, Arya said it was alright if I joined as long as I went back through here to see what sort of characters you guys needed. I read the last few posts of the DT; you guys need a man inside the castle and elves if I understood correctly. What would be most helpful to the plot, do you think?

I won't post until I've read back over the thread and know what's going on.
"Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one-- the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts." --The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

30 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:31 am
RayneChild says...

Well, I have the inside man covered. You could probably take over Marten or Samuel or Johnny. Or make a new character that is in some way significant XD I can't think of anything, though :/

Maybe someone else can, though
---

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 pm
arya says...

U rather wanna b evil or good?

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie