z

Young Writers Society

The Sound of Silence

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:37 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Okay so I thought, since music is a hard thing to write about and there are about ten of us, we should have a place to discuss the activity that goes on in the storybook. If you're having any difficulties like not being about to enter a character then here's the place to voice it!

:D

Is Walking in Death
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:25 pm
Dreamwalker says...

And I'll post the first post, I guess xD.

Okay so, yeah, I just wanted to say that, with hiro, there are japanese words I will probably batter but use with his character. I'll try to keep them simple so that most will catch what they mean so here's a list of a few I will probably use.

Watashi wa
- I and a topic marker. If he starts a sentence off like this, it means he's talking about himself.
Itsukushii - Beautiful
Gomen/Gomen-ne - I'm sorry
Arigato - (If you don't know this I will be thoroughly disappointed) Thank you
Ohayo Gozaimasu - Good morning
Moshi moshi - Hello
Konbanwa - Good evening
Konnichiwa - (again, thoroughly disappointed if you don't know this one) Good afternoon
O genki desu ka? - How are you
Oyasuminosai - Good night
Ja ne/Ja- Later
Rakudai/shippai - Failure
Kirei - Pretty
Hirameki - Inspiration
Kojin - Person/Individual (if you're a stranger he'd call you 'kojin-sama'. If you look relatively older and you're a stranger he'll call you 'kojin-sempai')

Other then that, if I say any other words I will probably tell you what they mean XD.

Oh and for future reference:

Senpai - Older person then himself.
Sama - Formal suffix meaning 'miss' 'mr' 'mrs' the whole lot.
San - I will be using this one the most. It's formal for anyone his age and such.
Kun - For a good friend, usually male, but female as well is accepted.
Chan - Childish and informal suffix usually for females.
Otousan - Father (references his father a lot)
Okasan - Mother (references her as his inspiration)
Neesan - Older sister (Might call you this is you're a good friend)
Niisan - Older brother (Might call you this if you're a good friend)

If there's any I forgot then... wups XD.

Sorry if that was useless info, but I don't know how many of you know some of the basics of japanese so I thought I would post that here just in case. Suffixes can be annoying to understand but I think it would make his character just darling XD.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:20 pm
Incognito says...

I am late, I'm late, for a very important date. No time to say hello goodbye. I'm late, I'm late.~

Name:
Taylor, Louis (Loo-ISS) Anthony.

Nationality:
Real Canadian eh.

Instrument:
Saxophone.

Appearance:
Louis.
His Eyes

Louis is an incredibly tall man, with a medium build. He has an affectious smile, and by the way his walks, you can tell that he is high-bred. His eyes are a molten brown, nothing really special, and has shaggy dark brown hair. He always has a slight stubble on his chin, but that just makes him look more friendly. He is usually seen smiling.

Louis usually wears black suits, but when it is not supposed to be formal, he wears normal jeans, and plaid sweater vests, a white shirt with a collar that can be poked out of the top. The shirt is almost a uniform shirt. I will draw a picture of it later and link to it.

He carries around a large case which holds his saxophone, and usually has sunglasses around him somewhere.

One odd thing about Louis is that he loves cats. He is usually seen carrying one around or walking Prine Ferninand around on a leash. Before a preformance he always has to see his cats.

His Cats:
Smufflepoof.
Mika.
Chow Chow.
Colby
Josephine.
Mirf.
Moose.
Akira
Prince Ferninand II.

Personality:
Louis is an odd one certainly. He is eccentric, with music and his cats. He can be described as dim-witted, random, and unfortunately one who is prone to forget. But the oddest part about him is that he is very intelligent. He knows multiple languages, and was brought up with only the best education. Though he may seem not very bright at points, odd in the head, or deranged, he can actually be a normal person. Part of why he seems like this is because he is so melodramatic, he overreacts a lot and he hates it when things go wrong. Even though he is the oldest of all the musicians, he seems more immature then most of them.

He loves his saxophone, and polishes it adamently. He never parts with it which is another quirk about him. He can just be described as different, there is no other way to describe him.

History:
Louis grew up in a large manor in Ottawa. His father was a well established politician, gaining many favours in the government of Canada. But Louis would barely see his father for his father at the crack of down would drive down to the the parliament buildings in his black shiny mercedes. Louis was attended to his every whim, whatever he wanted he got. When he decided he wanted to play music, it was quite a shock, but they established a saxophone teacher.

Louis, unlike many of the other musicians was certainly not a natural. He was quite horrible to be frank, and many music teachers gave up on him, calling him a tone dead lost cause. But Louis never gave up, and with a lot of practice became an accomplished musician. Part of the reason why Louis was not a natural was because he did not like confiding to the small cramped black notes on the music sheets. He would rather make his own, play whatever his heart was feeling, not what he was forced to play, and with that dislike, came the horrifying turn out of his music.

When Louis was young, he had found a small grey kitten in the ditch. Taking it home, he was allowed to keep it. When the vet proclaimed that the cat would not live very much longer, Louis did not know what to do. He would cry and cry, until his family got him another cat to go along with his grey one. His little grey kitten did indeed die eventually, but that was after he had already gotten five new cats. From there, his love for cats brought him to the number of nine, and that included another small grey cat, with long fur and a personality as demented as his own.

He loved variety when he was younger, he loved the different cultures of the world and saw that that could be identified by the animals from which were originated from. That is why all his cats are of a different breed including some very tricked out breeds.

But Louis, now with his musical talent and his abundance of cats, made it into the orchestra where he found many people from different cultures, just like his cats. Lets just say, automatically he fell in love.

Other:
Up for love if you like older men. ;3

--------------------- Done.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:26 am
phantom of the potter says...

Hey - Corvin seems to have sort of gotten lost in the fray - Can someone pull him back in? Neither one of the characters he was interacting with seemed to have replied to what he said at all....

So - Does someone want to drag him back into the plot? I am okay with him not having an audition scene, if it would be easier...
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:46 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry. I went away for camp for a week and got home a few minutes ago. I'll post as soon as possible!
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

Maybe we're all just complex human beings with skewed perceptions of each other.
— Ventomology