Young Writers Society

Will you survive?

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:47 am
asxz says...

Okay... post your characters here

RULES:

We will start off once we have more then 10 members.

You have to be effected by the viris in some way - orphaned by the viris, conataminated yourself, politician trying to save the nation, doctor working on the cure.

If you want to quit the storybook, then you have to post a note here saying that you have caught the viris.

The viris works fast - 10 hours exactly.

You can have more than one character - max of 3

When we have enough members, we will decide on the subtle symptoms of the viris, and that can be used as a guide for any describing an effected person...

More rules later I suppose, here's the template for the character description:

Name:
Appearance: (Pictures are nice)
Connection to viris:
Personality:
Weaknesses:
Strengths:
History:
Other:

PLEASE JOIN!

Oh... and just to clear this up... it is the contact with the persons blood that infects them - a room full of people will not be infected by an infected person coughing - but if they cut themselves then everyone dies. The viris can spread through air quickly, but it has not - yet - mutated to be able to spread without some blood being spilled. Does that make sense?

CURRENT MEMBERS

Hannah Sark--{Female, Doctor}--Lauren2010
Caidlene--{Female, Little sister}--WhiteTiger93
Madeline Gregory--{Female, Father}--mhmmcolleenx0
Inihime--{Female, Nurse}--foxfire
Leo Christian Mil{Male, Helping}--foxfire
James Joseph Lee--{Male, Parents}--.:Echelon:.
Emily Lee--{Female, Parents}--.:Echelon:.
Leo James Lee
--{Male, Parents}--.:Echelon:.
Zire Mackane--{Male, Doctor}--Firestalker
Andre Greysmith--{Male, Father} --Asxz
RESERVED--{UK,UK} --JustDance=)
Last edited by asxz on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:13 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Name: Hannah Sark, Doctor Sark
Appearance: (Pictures are nice)Hannah: http://69.90.174.248/photos/display_pic ... 661,65.jpg
Connection to viris: doctor searching for a cure, husband killed by virus (he was also a doctor)
Personality: Very kind and compassionate. Hannah loves her work and her daughter, and misses her husband dearly.
Dislikes: losing a patient
Weaknesses: works too much, will work herself to death if she isn't careful
Strengths: thrives under pressure, time constraints are her favorite conditions to work under.
History: Graduated top of her class in medical school, excellent doctor.
Other: Up for love. has a young daughter, Claire (around 5, looks a lot like her father.).
Claire: http://jenniferechols.files.wordpress.c ... -cross.jpg
Last edited by Lauren2010 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:37 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

I'm in!

Name: Caidlene (Caidy for short)
Appearance: Blonde-brown ringlets that reach the middle of her back. 5 foot 2 inches and slender. Gray-green eyes.
Connection to virus: Her kid sister has been infected and is dying
Personality: Responsible and independent. She's strong and very calm. Not likely to freak out. She's also painfully shy.
Dislikes: Male chauvinists and chaos.
History: Her mom died in a car accident a year ago. Her dad left when she was still in the womb. She took on the responsibility of raising her eleven year old sister.
Strengths: Responsible and compassionate.
Weaknesses: Weak, and can't defend herself all that well. Very shy.
Other: Up for love, but mostly in need of a friend.
Last edited by WhiteTiger93 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Cool.

Name: Madeline Gregory
Appearance: (Pictures are nice) Madeline
Connection to virus: Her father died because of the virus. Now, she just wants it to stop.
Personality: Shy and friendly. She's very helpful and compassionate. She is independent but likes to work in groups as well.
Dislikes: Sick people. Not that it freaks her out, she just doesn't like seeing people in pain.
Weaknesses: Friends or family in pain.
Strengths: She's very intelligent.
History: She grew up in a nice home with a nice family. Her whole word crumbled when her father died. More will be revealed.
Other: Up for love, I suppose.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

216 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:43 am
asxz says...

Okay... that's enough doctors for the moment - we are up to 3? Or only two if only one of foxfire's is a doctor. Also - Could we even out the numbers... we have too many girls here! Thanks!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:06 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

*can I claim Madeline*

Name: James Joseph Lee

Appearance:

Connection to viris: mother and father died of the virus

Personality: quite, shy since the day his parents died. Kind and romantic.

Likes: singing, playing on his acoustic guitar http://crescentdirect.com/main/componen ... 222727.jpg

Dislikes: pain, deaths. screaming. high pitched sings on electric guitar when not turned.

Weaknesses: Seeing his sister Emily and brother Leo get hurt.

Strengths: He calms people down

History: When James was 13 his mother and father died of the virus. James looked after his little sister and brother emily and leo since then and they haven't had a proper childhood.

Other: up for love (or claimed?)
Attachments
BlondeEmo.jpg
BlondeEmo.jpg (214.24 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

28 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Name: Emily Lee

Appearance:

Connection to viris: Mum and dad died of the virus

Personality: Loud and likes to jump about alot.

Likes: Singing, dancing and acting. drawing flowers and emo music.

Dislikes: death, pain, screamo music

Weaknesses: seeing her family get hurt.

Strengths: making people smile

History: When Emily was 11 her mother and father died of the virus. She and her brother was looked after by her brother James.

Other: up for love
Attachments
smile_like_you_mean_it_by_saturdayx.png
smile_like_you_mean_it_by_saturdayx.png (629.85 KiB) Viewed 271 times

28 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Name: Leo James Lee

Appearance:

Connection to viris: Mum and dad died of the virus

Personality: shy and quite

Dislikes: death, pain

Weaknesses: seeing her family get hurt.

Strengths: when he sings you cant help but feel relaxed

History: When Leo was 11 his mother and father died of the virus. He and his sister was looked after by his brother James.

Other: up for love
Attachments
Hot_Emo_Boy.jpg
Hot_Emo_Boy.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 270 times

216 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:29 pm
asxz says...

OKay! Thanks for joining .:Echelon:.! Can we have two or so more characters ad then we'll start a discussion on what he symptoms should be?
Remember - the basic rules to all storybooks apply... No god modding, no killing off others characters... ect.
Thank you for joining everybody!

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:08 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Yeah, Echelon, you can claim Madeline for James.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

28 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Your Welcome Asxz, and cool mhmmcolleenx0

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:31 am
Firestalker says...

Name: Zire Mackane

Appearance: *I'll post later if possible* For now - Green eyes, jet black hair, tall and thin.

Connection to viris: Doctor (New to the profession, has only a little experience) searching for a cure, thinks and expects that he will get the virus himself.

Personality: shy and quite but funny and forward at times too.

Likes: Calming music or didactic rock music, writes on his diary everything happening.

Dislikes: Pain caused by him, when he has to break a promise, and people shouting at each other or extreme noise.

Weaknesses: Seeing people he loves die or get hurt, worries too much about things he thinks is his fault.

Strengths: Smarter when under pressure and also can calm his whole mind and easily work out things when he listens to music.

History: His whole family has died from the virus and he tries his best to get a cure does not want others to die and because he knows that he has most likely going to get the virus too.

Other: Up for love.
Last edited by Firestalker on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

216 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:36 am
asxz says...

Okay, we have enough characters to start now, mine is at the end of the post. REMEMBER - You can still join if you want to, and if you want to quite, all I ask is that you post a note here, and kill your character off by the disease!

Can we start a discussion on what the symptoms of the viris are?
I'll start us off: (You can discuss this, remember; we can add, subtaract, change or inhance certain aspects of each syptom)

1: Small rash around the heart - the disease is spreding through the body, but it starts in the blood. - 1.5 hours after contamination.
2: Fingertips start to feel strange. This could be put down the the blood not being able to reach the fingers. - 3 hours after contamination.
3: Feet start to feel heavy, and they go all red and puffy, as they would when inflammed. This is the blood pooling down there as it can't get back up. - 3.5 hours after contamination.
4: You feel woozy, and don't want to eat anything. You can't walk on your now massive feet and you can't feel anything you touch with your hands. - 5 hours after contamination.
5: The viris is now attacking your body, the nervous system is on the fritz, you feel stuff when you aren't touching anything, and sharp pains in your legs and arms. - 6.5 hours after contamination.
6: You can't think straight, and you get pains in your stomach. You suddenly get very hungry, but can't move on your feet. The viris is starting to shut down your organs - you still have blood running everywhere though. - 8 hours after contamination.
7: You ie because your heart starts to stop pumping blood - the rash has now spread to your chest, and starts appearing on your fingers at 6 hours. Luckily, no wonds have opened, which stops the spreading of the viris. - 10 hours after contamination.

Remember: You can change these symptoms and make up your own. once we are all happy with them, we will start the storybook.

My character:
Name: Andre Greysmith
Appearance: Image
Connection to viris: Father was one fo the original scientists working on the viris - He knows all about it from him. When his father died, he found out all he could about it, and he wants to grow up and find the cure.
Personality: kind of emo - brings the modd down a lot. Because his father is dead, he has taken to reading medical books. Although he perseveres, he thinks of himself lowly.
Dislikes: Being beaten, or letting himself down
Weaknesses: too depressed, and he can't help it
Strengths: smart
History: Father died from viris, and his mother isn't very talkative to him. No siblings.

Okay... lets get started on the symptoms then!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:34 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

I like most of them, the only one I have a question about is number 6. Why would you get pains in your stomach, but want to eat? I'm not sure I was following on that one.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

216 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:03 am
asxz says...

The pains are because you are hungry, but your body doesn't want to eat because it hasn't the sufficient nutrients to process it... you also can't eat because you feel nauseous.
Hope that cleared it up for you!

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness