Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 am
Incognito says...

I commend you for finding it Phantom. xDD
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 am
phantom of the potter says...

The pleasure was all mine. So - I literally am about to post on the actual thread, but here's my idea for a (possible?) event that could lead up to the end of the story.

We started the storybook with a masquerade, correct? Why not end it that way? Actually... Hm. I had another thought. Hm. Hm. Ooooooh. Okay, great.

Let me start this differently. I need to commend you for picking up on the (hopefully subtle?) hints of Isabelle's past. Yes, there was an arranged marriage-type situation. I am seriously considering bringing the man involved into the story. He... would certainly demand to see Isabelle if he knew she was back. Anyway - So let's get back to what I was saying before, about the masquerade.

Suppose this - let's call him.... Tim, for now. No, that is not his name. But it will do. - Suppose Tim came to Isabelle and there was... an unpleasant interaction between the two. But in the end, Isabelle is practically forced to attend a ball, a masquerade, with Tim. She implores the Chateau people to come with her, and they do. One thing lead to another, and those details are still fuzzy in my mind, but I feel like having another masquerade be the very thing that thrusts our characters into achieving their goal seems like a wonderful, full circle ending.

Tell me if I am droning on and on about utter nonsense to you, but I'm torn between not wanting to say too much about - er - Tim, and wanting to hear your thoughts about this idea.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:11 am
Incognito says...

I like the idea of a masquerade. And with the arranged marriage we can bring back the romance between Joshua and Isabelle, or we can even do that before hand to make it more dramatic.

Dreamwalk and I were thinking that in the end, because when ever all of them were together trouble happened and attention was brought onto them. I think in the end, that they should all leave their separate ways. Dreamwalk and I also figured out that William is probably going to die and that he is going to be killed by Constance.

I also think that they should be brought back to the Chateau (maybe for the masquerade?) and then you get people coming for them and they have to burn the place down, causing the Chateau to be reduced to ruins and make it incredibly sad. It would also tie in with Joshua promising to return. Dreamwalk and I were also thinking about an epic scene after William dies where they lie him on the piano in the foyer from the beginning in the Chateau and then they burn it down with him there.

I am just thinking that this storybook can't have that happy of an ending. I think it should almost be bittersweet. I love your idea about Tim though. It would make for an excellent plot twist.

Random avatar

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:40 am

Oh, wow. That would be a very touching ending. Tragic, of course, but... Oh my. Yes. Let's do that. I'll only be very sad to see William go.

I believe that in the beginning, the Chateau was in the English countryside, not French? Then the journey to Paris would have taken days. If so, I have a wonderful way to stage the masquerade in the Chateau. I'll go out on a limb and say that "Tim" would be the Marquis's son. There was a very brief and passing mention of his house in my last post. He's very wealthy, to put it lightly. If the journey took days, and say this masquerade was to be held as a sort of "house warming" event for Tim. Tim, you see, just bought this lovely chateau out on the English countryside. It had been confiscated by the police, and they offered it to him at a very reasonable price....

I can almost see the horrified look on Isabelle's face. Yes, I agree with you. This storybook simply cannot have a completely happy ending. It would be too far out of context with all that our characters have suffered.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm
Incognito says...

I like that!
But it actually was in the french country side, hence the title being in French. At this point in historical time, the English and the French didn't exactly like each other. ;)
It doesn't really matter though.

Yes, your idea is epic.

Random avatar

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 am

Okay, then. I still think we could use this... And - well - I just need at least one more post before I can bring in Tim. (That is the worst name possible for him, I swear. I need to use his real name soon... Grr.)

We shouldn't rush this, though. I don't want to have written this amazing story, and have the ending feel rushed.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana