z

Young Writers Society

The Safeway Discussion

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 pm
DSF says...

Yea if we don't hear from monday lets just go for it. This one was REALLY fun and I would love to get started on it all again. For the plot line we could just kind of go with what we had in the begining. A bunch of mutants guarding the safeway, we could even do a break in with my characters, shed a little blood, protect the president or something close to that. if we ever wanted to we could even leave the Safeway if we needed to go somewhere or reach someone. I don't know, I'm just babbling now... :D

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 pm
View Likes
thefireinmeisJC says...

"shed a little blood" xD

JC
I'm all for starting back up...
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:09 am
Light_Devil says...

OOO! Is this starting finally?

Anyway I have an idea for a plot, it goes hand in hand with what DSF said. ^^. Half of us can be trying to break in because we're all heartless a$$es.

Jk, this half of us all have our own agenda for trying to break into the Safeway.

Maybe to kill the President, maybe to get to people we love and maybe just to get away from people who call us freaks.

And the other half - are already in the safeway trying to make sure that these people don't get in. . . Because they've been informed by the President that all the outside people have a virus that will wipe them out and risk the President's safety. (heh)

Truly, the President is the one behind the lies. He thinks that mutants are too dangerous for normal humans, seeing as they usually can't be taken down by humans and has plotted this battle to take place to wipe the majority of them out. And if the mutants mutinied, well, he didn't want to face that, because he knew he probably wouldn't survive.

I have more for this plot. I'm just putting it out there. I was thinking maybe then we could ALL turn on him, then we'd be doing exactly what the President tried to prevent.
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

Kill the prez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC
i dunno if its started again or not.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:27 am
Telina says...

It hasn't started yet, I think I will get us started tomorrow morning though, I will inform everybody of what we are doing, rules, plot and everything! I'll send out PM's so check your inbox tomorrow night!
Thank you everybody for giving plot ideas! Really appreciate the help!

Telina

15 Reviews

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm
DSF says...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Let the fun begin!

*cackles and rubs hands together*

41 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 am
Telina says...

FIRST STEP: Here's the list of who is human and who is a mutant.

MUTANT CHARACTERS
1.) Ken Verna - 27M - DSF
2.) Nhara Verna - 25F -DSF

3.) Bobby 'Sir' Farbo - 39M - Monday
4.) Dinah Lynch - 15F - Monday

5.) Len Fell - 16M - phantom_blackfire_wings

6.) Ringo Linx - 17M - Light_Devil

HUMAN CHARACTERS
1.) Victoria - 24F - Telina
2.) Sebastian Whales - 30M - Telina *Changing age to 25*

3.) Korah - 13M - DSF

4.) Julia Watts - 15F - lizzifer *Previous character name, wants to change name*

5.) Georgie Gretchen - 15F - thefireinmeisJC

6.) Merceded Lo - 16F - In_the_Moonlight *Changing age to 21*

7.) The President, William Dawsone - 60M - ALL WRITERS

Thank you so much In_the_Moonlight for offering to be a human, it evens everything out. Since The president isn't controlled by anybody and I think it should stay that way.

SECOND STEP:
OK, so we already talked about characters being restricted, because people had to much power over situations, therefore nobody needed to help them. I still strongly believe our mutants should have more limits, less God-like and so I wrote this out. I took the liberty of copying everyone's descriptions for their mutants powers. Below I wrote my point of view, I think most of it was good and nobody had to change, sorry DSF for picking on one of your characters.
If anybody has anything to say about this please PM or post here.
I want to run these restrictions by everybody first.

MUTANT CHARACTERS
1.) Ken Verna - 27M - DSF
Ken can control the light, creating illusions and making things seem to appear or disappear. His
illusions seem to be real, and he can even make them solid so they are able to affect or even harm those he wishes to.
*This one is fine, only two things, nothing too God-like.

2.) Nhara Verna - 25F -DSF
Nhara can control darkness and shadows. Her ability allows her to transport herself from shadow
to shadow, as well as hide in others peoples shadows. When she is hiding in someone’s shadow she can even control their actions, what they say, how they move, and everything. She can make an area dark, and even make it seem like the night has come a lot sooner then what is normal. She also can solidify her own shadow, forming it into weapons such as swords, knifes or whatever.
*This one is kind of border line, I don't think she should be able to "control their actions". Everything else seems fair though.

3.) Bobby 'Sir' Farbo - 39M - Monday
Has the power to burn things(including people) from the inside out. Also has super agility.
*This one is two, so it's prefect.

4.) Dinah Lynch - 15F - Monday
Dinah is completely blind, but she is capable of using echolocation so she can be aware of her surroundings. She can see the future as well and is not always able to control when she has the premonitions. Also, sometimes when someone looks into her eyes they can see their worst nightmares come alive, this is why she wears sun glasses all the time.
*I think this one is fair too. She's blind but she has a way around it. That doesn't really affect anybody, just her. The looking into her eyes thing and the future in more like an ability. If that makes any sense.

5.) Len Fell - 16M - phantom_blackfire_wings
He’s extremely strong and fast. He can see almost perfectly in perfect darkness. When he’s fighting, he can see the different attacks that his opponent will make and devises a strategy for each of them; like a chess game. When someone gives him a weapon, he masters it right away. And when he sees an attack, Len can see how it is done and can use it after practicing for a while.
*This one is touchy, I'd assume all mutants are strong and fast.
Perfectly in the dark, I'd assume that too.
The gift here would be the seeing the attacks his opponent can make.

6.) Ringo Linx - 17M - Light_Devil
Incredible sight and inhumanly agility.
*A prefect two!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 am
In_the_Moonlight says...

I still plan on doing this, Telina, but I don't know if I'll be able to post at all tomorrow. I'm just warning you in case you're expecing me to.
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

41 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 pm
Telina says...

Oh no worries In_the_Moonlight, I still have to work on the plot and the new rules. I'll send everybody a PM on when exactly everybody can start posting.
So don't worry anyone.

41 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:31 am
Telina says...

Is there anything that anybody feels like they really want to keep? Please share now, before I strip everything.

15 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:17 pm
DSF says...

I'm up for whatever happens! Just tell me when were starting...

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:48 pm
Light_Devil says...

I agree, I've been anticipating this one for a while now. ^^
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity