z

Young Writers Society

DT: Academy for Heroes-In-Training

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:11 am
Bloo says...

okay, but is this a secret of who he is. Can i say I'm spiderman's son, or am i supposed to say he is some else entirely.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:46 pm
vet4life13 says...

Probably someone else, because he is in disguise. Let's say that we knew each other in the academy before, but Nick did something that made Slim mad. That turned Slim against Nick, so Slim left the academy. That was a few years before, so he has changed a lot. if you want to, you can recognize me later on in the conversation. You choose. :)

Vet

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:50 am
Flux says...

*Psst* Can I still join?

Name: Kori St. Commons

Ancestor: Dusk, (Cassie St. Commons) from The Slingers is her aunt. (I Wikipedia-ed this, :D)

Alliance: Hero

Appearance: Black hair that is cut in the sort of shaggy 'emo' style, usually teased at the back. It had one orange streak near the front. She has dark chestnut eyes, and slightly pale skin. She is rather lanky, and stands around '5"7/ '5"8. She has a small nose piercing (Barely noticable) and multiple ear piercings.

Personality: She is fairly quiet, because she chooses not to talk. She is indepenedent, and is very modest.

Abilities:
Level 0: Blend into shadows for less than ten minutes
Level 1: Teleport about ten metres distance
Level 2: Regenerate damaged tissues
Level 3: Blend into shadows for about half an hour
Level 4: Manipulate shadows and control them for about five minutes
Level 5: Teleport about thirty metres away
Level 6: Sense the whereabouts, distance of her team mates, and if they're injured.
Level 7: Manipulate shadows for fifteen minutes
Level 8: Teleport about fifty metres away
Level 9: Blend into shadows and use another shadow's source (like a human) to move around and pick up information.
Level 10: Teleport about one-hundred metres away, as well as select others

Nemesis/Rival: None, yet.

Other: Up for love. Unlike her aunt, she does not need to have the suit in order to use her abilities.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:47 am
cheeb says...

LaReina> Approooooved.
the user formerly known as chibibo

106 Reviews

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 pm
Flux says...

Thanks!

-- Oscar Wilde

57 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 am
vet4life13 says...

Mattster:

My character doesn't actually attend the academy; he's planning to attack it. Is that allowed? If not, I'll change my earlier posts.
Thanks!

Vet

53 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:04 am
cheeb says...

vet4life13> Later we might introduce a villains' lair, or separate places for different villains, but for now I think it should remain restricted to the Academy itself. Thus Slim should probably be (or pretend to be) a student, at least for the time being. :)

57 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 pm
vet4life13 says...

Ok, sounds good.

Vet

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:49 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Is this storybook full? If so, please PM me in case I lose this threadxD

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

106 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:31 pm
Flux says...

I have to drop out, sorry. You can use my character, though, if you wish to.

-- Oscar Wilde

53 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Vet> One of your last posts seems to have duplicated itself. Would you mind just editing it to *** or something?

Also, not counting that, Vet double posted. But it's ok, because it drew my attention to the fact that I forgot to include a "no double posting" rule XD.

What I will do now is implement a rule (from this point on, therefore not counting past posts) that double posting is not permitted unless it has been 5 days since you last posted, and no one else has posted in that time.

That's all. :D

NB: All of Vet's posts have been counted toward his experience, with the exception of the duplicate one.

57 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 pm
vet4life13 says...

Hey Mattster,

Sorry about that. Quick Q, when we level up, is it subtle, or does the character acually feel his power increasing? One more thing, the post wouldn't delete, so I just erased the paragraph and put _____. I wasn't sure what to do. :D

Thanks

Vet

53 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:45 am
cheeb says...

Vet> Whichever you prefer, really. Zeke's levelups are going to be shown by a sudden burst of <increased stat> or a spontaneous use of <new attack> (only if he's fighting or running though, of course) but you can go about it the way you choose.

57 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:48 am
vet4life13 says...

How many characters are we allowed to have? Just curious.

Vet

53 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:38 pm
cheeb says...

Vet> At this point it's limited to one character per player, not including NPC-type characters like Moco, Ken and LaReina's character if we decide to use her somehow... I might open it up to two players per character but it's doubtful.

Something I thought of a while ago is possibly adding a rule that if you want to play as a different character, you could have your current one killed off somehow and then add a new character at the same level... that could get complicated as they would have to have been at the Academy already to reach that level, or something... I dunno. lol.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket