z

Young Writers Society

August Hill Discussion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 pm
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Might I ask what would happen if someone got separated from their alter egos? And what would happen if the alter ego were to die?
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:02 pm
Flux says...

Well, if someone got separated from their alter-ego, they'd feel quite alot of pain. Their alter-ego is like they're other half. They share a soul, really. So if you lost your alter-ego, you're feel quite alot of pain. That's why they stick together.

If an alter-ego died, you'd probably experience quite alot of heartbreak, and want to die, as well, because the pain is unbearable. But its been done before. Others have survived without their alter-ego... but they went crazy.

(I just made this up)

~Rei
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:50 am
Flux says...

Here's the new characters.

Name- Alassea [Ah-lahs-say-ah]

Age- Young, only 93

Gender- Female

Race- Elf (like J.R.R Tolkien. Stop aging at early twenties.)

Appearance- Tall and gaunt. Angular features. She had pale skin, white as an albino's. She had deep blue eyes. Alassea usually wears armour the colour of cream, almost. Due to her history, however, her right eyes had fine scratches, almost like the cracks of hardened clay. This makes the outer ring of her eye teal. She has dark brown hair.

Personality- Very hot-headed, and jumps to conclusions quickly. She is stubborn and head-strong, and usually doesn't take no for an answer. She was sent to kill Daemon for such reasons (See below).

History- Alassea and her sister lived in a peacful elfin village, undisturbed by the outside world. Many elves traversed between August Hill and their own city, but during the massacre, exactly one-hundred and three were killed by Daemon. The king was enfuriated by this, seeing as the numbers were already dwindling. He sent the young farm girls of Narcissus the Wicken, who were perfect for the job. They bring unique abilites that link perfectly for one-another.

Abilities- Alassea uses a long bow to take hits on her enemy from afar. What is unique about her arrows, though, is that she uses the power of light to enflame them. The holy light can penetrate anything, and will leave a person gasping for air, beacuse the power of the all mighty is too much for them to handle. She can also do this to weapons, but prefers to use it from afar. Her light can also be condensed into a ball and thrown or stabbed into a target.

Other- Up for love, hates the dark.
- - -
Name- Faelwen

Age- 93

Gender- Female

Race- Elf

Appearance- Identical to Alassea, except that her skin has a much more un-health pallor to it. The cracks on her left eye are slightly black, making them look more like crawling thorns on her face. She has blonde hair and pink eyes. She wears light blue armour.

Personality- Calmer than Alassea. She usually is the one to calm Alassea's temper. She understands much better, but her unlucky appearence sends everyone to believe that she is evil.

History- (See Alassea)

Abilities- Almost the same as Alassea, again, but she uses darkness instead of light. She is a close-combat fighter, and uses fist weapons to battle against opponents, running the darkness through the weapons length. The darkness does not leave people begging for mercy, but it slowly eats away at a person inside. Faelwen usually tries to damage major organs seeing as they damange quicker. She is skilled with a sword, however.

Other- Up for love.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:25 pm
Incognito says...

Well, I welcome Alassea and Faelwen to the story. And it seems they will encounter my one angry character first. How interesting.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 pm
WaterVyper says...

Sorry, I have to drop out. It's getting too confusing. Good luck with the storybook, though. From now on, my characters are dead.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

127 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am
Incognito says...

Okay, WaterVyper. It is sad to see you go.
Also, I have an idea. Because of that bizarre creepy elvish arrow, that apparently Vashhan is in pain about. I think he won't properly heal for now. He will still have that bizarre poisoning in his veins. I have a great plan. I like these elves. It makes the story more interesting.

Also, LaReina, sorry if I pupetteer your charactes wrong. I tend to have a habit of using other peoples characters, more over phantom of the potter's and she tends to use mine. Just tell me if I play them out of character.

~Incognito

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:06 am
phantom of the potter says...

Erm - Does anyone have any objections if I bring Fronse the Ferret back into the plotline? I kinnda like the little guy... He's cool. Ya know? Cool.

127 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:13 am
Incognito says...

Nobody minds. But from where it seems to be going at the moment, I doubt there will be need for a ferret. But you can be creative. It seems you already have been with where our story is going now.

~Incognito

Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand